Rhea County Football 2013

EagleLegend1

Cook didn't want to leave Rhea county and if he were hire this go around you wouldn't be able to run him off. My favorite is Coach Cook because I know he's a good coach and he not a flight risk. But there are 45 coaches that have applied, they might be a pot of gold under this rainbow of coaches. Just want a good hire that wants to stay.

So you'd rather have a guy who has jumped around to several different jobs and never had any head coaching experience to another guy who has also had several jobs but has completely turned a program around and coached a team to an undefeated regular season?

both are from Rhea and have always wanted to coach here. it sounds to me like you want the coach who you are buddies with over the coach who is more qualified.

Edited by supereagle

Brother Jon may be a good fit back home and since it is home he may actually stay awhile win or loose. He stepped into a Central situation that had finally started competing a little bit in (at the time a very tough region) but his my way or the highway attitude left him with a bunch of younger less experienced players while the better players either got kicked off the team or just wouldn't play for him. Jon thought he had walked into a goal mine at Central and would have built of Montgomery's 6 and 5 year with 11 returning studs as juniors (Vonn Bell, Cornielus Benns, Ladarius Jackson, Robert Cobb) just to name a few. And two years later he has won 5 games. So my belief after hearing JA name mentioned for Rhea job is that it's a win win for Jon. He can come home win a couple games a year there, have a turf field with less upkeep and ride it out until the whole administration gets run out of town( since from what I read on here should have been gone along time ago. So for Central's sake they would like thank Jon for a new score board, some painting on the stadium and field house, some new equipment and the waist of some of Chattanooga's best football prospects over the last couple years. So Rhea County hurry up and pull the trigger on this deal so Central can start celebrating. Good luck Golden Eagles!

The Eagles need a coach who will invest in their team, their school, and their community. We haven't had that. The boys are expected to invest 100% but that wasn't true of our last head coach. The admin should be looking for someone who can bring all of those things with him to the field. We now have a weight program and a new turf field, a new school, and an easier district. We need a head coach who can produce a quality team to match these improvements that our county has paid for.

who would you like to see hired? for the record this would be coach cook's 4th job in the past 12 years, right?

Cook has taken a promotion every time, this is standard operating procedure. The guys you have to watch are the ones that jump from school to school in a lateral move in title/responsibility. Just something to think about

the key is getting a good coach and a good fit, as far as time goes, no amount of time is promised, i would not think a community would not settle for being mediocore just to have a coach that promises to stay for a (loong time)...find someone that wants to build rhea county back up into a solid program, a winner....until that happens really nothing else will really matter....sounds like rhea county is starting to put things together and figure out that they want a good football program and that they are making the correct steps to get things there....like the movie once said, "if you build it they will come...you will get someone good unless the good old boy network kicks in and friendship trumps over brains, relationships rather than coaching, sometimes those closest to the fire don't sense the heat until it is to late...if the kids needs are put first everything will work out, bring a winner in and keep them...dont start out with a guy learning on the job....have someone that has gone through the fire and has won more than he has lost...a proven record of turning programs around