Gallatin's 2013 schedule

GREENWAVE84EG

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt Juliet will have a hard time replacing that experienced backfield.

Station Camp returns nearly everybody on their offensive side. They will have maybe one of their better teams in the history of that school.

Hendersonville may be the wildcard. Uncharacteristic tough year with decent youth coming up.

You are probaly just like the AD at Gallatin who wants the middle school coach to be the next head coach after they fire matt.

If you are a Green Wave who put blood and sweat into a 92" championship, you are showing NO Green Wave Pride currently.

If you think Matt Williams will be fired, then I hope he comes to work with Mark Williams, GHS Head Coach. Just because Jay Lovett, AD and Bobby Beasley, RSMS Head Coach are friends does not mean he will be the "next head coach" though Gallatin is lucky to have such a great coach at the middle school a block down the road and would be lucky to have him at the high school in any role.

I assume you know Coach Silcox, do you have issues with a fellow 92" championship teammate?

GWAVE1 is welcome to have his opinions as we all do.

Posted Today, 09:38 AM

"Gallatin will be ok as soon as they get rid of the "New" coaches and bring back coach Lassiter. These new coaches are destroying the program. There is no way Gallatin should have went 3-7 with that talent. They had more talent on this years team, then when we won the 92' state championship. If they do not get these coaches out of here, i'm afraid 3-7 will be the best we will see for awhile.

GO GREEN WAVE"

So we are going to blame the "New" coaches for this past season. It has nothing to do with Gallatin returning 2 starters and a terrible schedule? And you are not sure about next year because you have a big question about coaching? You people disgust me, you talk all this mess on the message boards and know nothing. If you ask the players from this years team they will tell you their favorite coaches were the "New" coaches and that Gallatin would be better with more "New" coaches. Sounds like the Gallatin community might just get what they want.

First, the top quote is almost funny because many people on these boards wanted Lassiter gone for years everytime GHS had a good team and lost in the playoffs.

Secondly, who cares who their favorite coach(es) are as long as the are the right coaches or better yet people for the kids on the team and in the community.

Lastly, why the term "new" coaches? I assume by your comment, you believe the "old" coaches are not thought well of? Example: Coach Settle may not be the favorite (since he is an "older" coach per you), however, he has respect of all the kids. That is much more important.

As an outsider looking in, I have no idea if the current staff or previous staff are the right coaches. I know there are some quality coaches on the current staff as evidenced by their success at other programs.

However, I do know that Bobby Beasley at Rucker Stewart Middle is a quality coach and an even better man. If he ever has the opportunity to be a coach at GHS the program will benefit. He dresses close to 90 kids at RSMS which is more than any other school in the county. He had 40 something eight graders tbis year alone which was more than some county teams had on their entire team. This shows he has the interest of the kids in the halls and also shows he runs a fair and organized program. If he continues to be the coach at RSMS then GHS will have future success.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Spring practice starts April 29th, scrimmages vs White House on May 3rd and Clarksville on May 10th. The Green and Gold game is May 14th.

In my opinion these 2 weeks are really important in improving from last year. With several positions to fill and some new coaches on the staff, hopefully this time will help start the coming together process, so to speak. I honestly believe this will be a better year, but only time will tell, as the old saying goes.

My prediction for 2013 9AAA

Beech- Obvious reasons, plus the best coaching staff in the midstate (bar none)

Mt Juliet- MJ will never be bad as long as Perry is there

Wilson Central- Got a taste of how to win last year

Hendersonville- Hatfield won't be down 2 yrs in a row. Got rid of a lot of problems from 2012

Portland- Playoff run last year should inspire the returners

Station Camp- Either SC observers can't evaluate talent or they need a change at the top

Gallatin- Come on 2015

Lebanon- New coach will do well but it will take time to change mind set

Some of these posts about Gallatin are funny. GHighfootball, if you are anything but a student I would be very surprised. You speak with passion, but obviously little thought and even less grammatical structure. If you have a "ring," what kind is it and where did you get it? I will put a little more faith in some of the more experienced posters. GWave told you someone hacked his account. Give him the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to agree with everything that someone posts, but that is what the forums are for. And anyone who doesn't know the head coaches first name is Mark, must not be very close or supportive of the program.