Gallatin's 2013 schedule

GREENWAVE84EG

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard they lost 4-1 in a very unimpressive showing. Unfortunately, I was not able to make it to the scrimmage to provide more info

Them gallatin boys need to be hitting the weights or its gonna be a long year for them. They do have the sheer numbers though, I'll give them that. They looked to have about twice the number that White House did.

It was actually 2-2 tie Varsity and 2-0 WH JV. So 4-2 overall for WH.

Players are young and/or many positions have little varsity experience. GWave1 assessment is correct. 5-5 is improvement. Upcoming 9th graders should dominate. 2014, 2015, 2016 should be fun.

Not sure what jury is out on the staff. All have coached at Gallatin previously with the exception of Jacques Williams, I believe nephew to Bubba Dunn, who played at Gallatin and Tennessee Tech, coached at Rucker-Stewart as Head and assistant at Portland last year. Quality guy. Mark Williams is in his second stint at Gallatin and has won wherever he has been. Mark Wilson is back after coaching at Cumberland for a few years and has been at Gallatin since the late 90's. Mike Settle is back at Defensive Coordinator and has been here nearly 10 years. He also has previous head coaching experience at Davidson Acamdemy. Randall Silcox played at Gallatin and helped win a title for the greenwave. Charlie Jackson is back and he was previous head coach of the freshmen group a few years back. Even the freshman coaches are returners. These men are great coaches and better people. Some are young coaches but the majority are veteran guys who know well or have played at Gallatin.

I still thank 7-8 wins this year...Gallatin will be the favorites in 5A in 2014 and beyond. Football will be back to its former glory in a flash...getting the experienced coaches back will help them. The talent in the young classes is the best around anywhere.

I still thank 7-8 wins this year...Gallatin will be the favorites in 5A in 2014 and beyond. Football will be back to its former glory in a flash...getting the experienced coaches back will help them. The talent in the young classes is the best around anywhere.

Who will they beat to get these 7-8 wins this year?