Middle TN Grand Championships

In Hoc Signo Vinces

This tournament will not survive. The idea is excellent, the execution was horrible. I gave it another year and feel that I wasted my program's funds, and my time. BA did a decent job, in spite of. To start off, the mats weren't even down when teams arrived. Yes it started on time, but a lot of the JV wrestlers received 1 match. There was a big wall betwen mats 3 &4 that was on wheels but not moved. The mastermind of the whole tourney didn't show up until around 7:30. there was no telling which round we were in, found out that the tourney had to be over by 6, so things became rushed. No medal ceremonies, no finalist recognition. Once again, a waste of funds and my time. A couple of things I can't get back.

Sorry but those are not the actualities of the match. There was no grabbing his face nor punching him. He did not grin at the coach either. This was a classic case of someone that was being dominated. From the neutral position Dickson continued to go backwards. He was pushed out of bounds two times. Both times the Dickson wrestler put on a great acting job and fell backwards. The fans were the ones that caused all the commotion. Also, the coach is not teaching anything dirty. The grin or whatever you stated never happened. You should get the facts of the match straight before you try to discredit another program by posting inaccurate information. Dickson propaganda shame on you! Next time, take your pictures from the stands.

You people have got to be kidding me. There were obviosuly enough of you there for a conversation about how poor the tournament was run and how bad the facility was to germinate here. Could one of you give us an update on the results as there were quite a few top teams wrestling in the tournament? I swear it seems like a bunch of women have taken over this board because all the conversations are complaints. "He pushed my kid in the face." "The concession stand didnt offer any good food." God help me if they ran this packed gym out so early in the evening you would think someone would be able to relay some results to this thread by now.

You people have got to be kidding me. There were obviosuly enough of you there for a conversation about how poor the tournament was run and how bad the facility was to germinate here. Could one of you give us an update on the results as there were quite a few top teams wrestling in the tournament? I swear it seems like a bunch of women have taken over this board because all the conversations are complaints. "He pushed my kid in the face." "The concession stand didnt offer any good food." God help me if they ran this packed gym out so early in the evening you would think someone would be able to relay some results to this thread by now.

Ok, Father Ryan won, MBA was second, Dickson Co whined around and placed somewhere in the top five and the tournament director lost count after the third round. However, there were good matches spread out the day. Not sure of all the weight class results though. Sorry.

It was difficult because everything was done on paper. I'll give a shot from what I saw. Don't know names

106- Father Ryan over Dickson Co

3rd-Overton def. MBA

113-Glencliff def FR

3RD-OVT def Ant

120-Idk

126-idk

132-idk

138-FR def Hendersonville

3rd-Clarksville def Ant

145-Ravenwood def.

152-FR def.

160-FR def. RVW

170-idk

182-idk

195-I think Dickson and Clarksville were in finals

220-idk

285-Clarksville p. MBA

Edited by nununu

My kids came up from the memphis to wrestle in the middle school portion of the event and then we went with some friends to watch their kids wrestle in the high school portion saturday afternoon. The reason no results were posted were no one was sure if the ones given were accurate. Like other posts mentioned the tournament was so poor in staffing and conditions that no one was sure from one moment to the next who was wrestling and if they were keeping count. Kids wrestled the same kids twice in a row as well as no breaks for the refs made for a ton of mistakes throughout the day. I've never seen parents go after refs like I did yesterday. No security was there and with the limited seating it made it very tough to keep tempers calm. As for the finals matches, I saw parents down on the mat filming and at one point (maybe the match the other fellow posted on) one parent yelled and threatened his kids opponent twice, and was standing on the mat. It was apparent his kid was stalling to avoid a tech fall. I was more outraged that in light of recent events that a parent would engage in this horrible behavior and then more disappointed that nothing was done to remove the parent from the building and take him to jail. He waited by the exit as the boy left with his family and coaches. We watched in shock at this event. So the results were that father ryan won by a good margin and the rest is a crap shoot. No awards ceremony and most teams did not take take their trophies as we saw it. Hope that helps some of you with why there are not any results. I felt bad for the refs and the kids.

Edited by neylandbryant

Simply put. These wrestlers and their parents, friends and fans deserve better. Referees did yeoman's work in managing both the action on the mat AND off. They took it upon themselves to keep action moving on mats, going so far as to announce matches themselves in the glaring absence of tournament workers.

The concept of this tourney is exceptional. A high level LOCAL tourney for middle Tennessee schools designed to attract all the top teams for a great day of competition. The only people who lived up to their responsibilities were the wrestlers and the officials.

As a family member and supporter of one of the varsity wrestlers, and having attended dozens of these multi-school tourneys over the past few years, I can honestly say that the TWO most poorly run were this year's and last year's "Grand Championships". I hope we can find a replacement on the schedule for next year.

to MTYKL - About the Clarksville/Dickson Match. If he didn't punch him in the face - you idiot - then why did the other kid get a point for un sportsman like conduct and why did the ref have to talk to Crane because of his conduct. Don't proganda me - you fool - I know what I observed and I know what I saw - Clarksville High School is not the quality program it was. You're obviously one of those that are all about dirty wrestling. What I observed is very poor sportsman ship from a very seasoned wrestler against an obviously younger wrestler. People like you who think it's ok to punch - it's ok to grab a kid in the face and push him out of bounds is what hurts the wrestling name. It's about building men not delinquents!!!!!!! I shudder at what he would have done if he was actually LOSING a match - if winning upsets him so much. As far as pictures go - I am sure someone got a picture or a video or something and will post it all over U-tube to show exactly what poor sportsman ship is all about!!!

Thank you for providing an example to everyone that wasn't at the tourney, the kind of behavior some adults showed. So if you post your video, maybe someone posts one that shows the dad on the mat and the audio records him verbally assaulting (the legal term for threatening someone) that minor and then the boy's parents press charges against him....This situation occurred because there was tired officials, a kid stalling, another kid attacking ( we all thought the point was for stalling not unsportsman-like conduct) and no security. It was the second to last match of the long, poorly run, tournament. I'm not familiar with either program but if there is a history between the two then maybe your posts make some sense (from a whinning stand point mentioned in an earlier post)but either way it has no place on this thread and your video post threats should be taken seriously by the moderator. I agree with bear, teams should look to another event next year.