Bros back in the Intermat Top 50 at #49

smwwrest

I'm relatively new to this board, but am amazed at how quiet it gets when CBHS success is brought up. This forum continues to complain about the lack of respect there is for TN wrestling, and how can we grow TN wrestling. Then one of it's HS teams gets some national attention and breaks into the top 50....again, and all you hear is crickets around here. Seriously??? Is it bias, jealousy, what? Why the complete lack of regard?

One freaking reply on this accomplishment, as I watch this completely ignored post slide down the board into oblivion. Even though I'm new, it sure didn't take long to sense the disdain,and disconnection with what's going on with other side of the state. If Baylor, McCallie, Soddy or Cleveland, etc. were to hit the top 50, this board would totally blow up and we'd never hear the end of it. I can hear it now, "FINALLY TN. WRESTLING GETS SOME RESPECT!!!" Yet when the bros do it...(1) solitary reply.

Congrats Brothers on a fine season so far. Congrats on thumping Archer, Neosho, among others last week, and setting a 52 year old Illinois HS tournament record with most points scored. Congrats for bringing national exposure to TN wrestling. Your hard work, sacrifice and dedication is paying off. Nice job!

By the way CBHS has already beaten Mater Dei, IN and Mexico, MO today in St. Louis...not that anyone east of Jackson, TN cares.

It has nothing to do with lack of respect. It has everything to do with lack of exposure and the fact that this forum is on life support. If you would have posted this four years ago you may have a valid point, but until a collection of interweb personalities with some knowledge get on here and put some life back into this thing to create more traffic and post, I would not use this forum as the barometer of measuring the respect for CBHS.

CBHS has gotten respect on other posts in this forum, but usually don't get noticed as much as others. One reason could be that the results for the Christian Brothers matches aren't always posted and many of the people that work hard to get TN Wrestling exposure are in fact at tournaments and duals with youth, high school, and college and don't have time to sit on coacht all day.

Edited by coachknepper

Boo Hoo??? Good 1. Who said anything about the need to validate their success? Is that what you got out of what I wrote?

I referenced the lack of respect from the rest of the state. For example, the post "Region 7" has 85 replies. "Possible region 1 finals matches" has 67 replies. The Father Ryan tournament has 24 replies. But, Bros crack the intermat top 50 got 1 reply.

Why do people ignore it, was and still is my question? Seems like a big deal. Like I said I'm new here, but how many other teams from TN have ever broken the national top 50?