Bros back in the Intermat Top 50 at #49

smwwrest

Case in point. The only way I ever find out results like above is if Garrett posts them on CoachT...NWCAonline only has 2 of the above duals even listed being that against CBC-ST. Louis and Mexico.

Great Job CBHS! In my opinion they should be ranked around the #39-43 range on InterMat and I do think (as I have stated on other threads) that both Cleveland and Soddy Daisy deserve consideration for top-50 with Father Ryan right behind.

Coach,

Seems we might have a bit of unfair criticism there. All of CBHS's results are usually into the NWCA online system by Monday following a weekend tournament. Not to mention that they have been in the Sunday edition of the Commercial Appeal pretty much every time. It is a bit hard to get the results into the NWCA system when the team is constantly traveling home very late into the AM on Sunday. That timing seems pretty fair to me.

If you want to talk about results not being posted look at some of the other teams. The results from the Father Ryan vs Baylor match still have not been posted in any discernible format anywhere. There is absolutely no reason those shouldn't have been put out somewhere by now. Nor have their been any brackets made available from the Father Ryan tournament. All we really have is the list of team scores and championship finals on the Father Ryan website. We are in a similar situation for the Soddy Daisy tournament as well but at least the consolation final results are available there.

As far as national rankings go, I think CBHS is pretty lucky to have been able to work their way back into the rankings and are in about the right spot given results. There may be a few teams a little higher up I think they would have a chance against in a dual if wrestling at full strength but they missed their opportunity at several of them at KC... it happens. Based on their results they are fairly ranked. After taking a lose to Pope while shorthanded at Cleveland (not sure the full line-up would have won but I think it is a more interesting match, heck they barely got passed a similarly short-handed Cleveland squad) and then finishing much lower at Kansas City than some non-ranked teams they had an uphill battle. Luckily the had yet another tough tournament on their schedule that included a nationally ranked team (Neosho, MO) who finished far ahead of them in KC and CBHS was able to win that event with their full varsity on the mat for the first time. CBHS had hoped to see national #8 Oak Park-River Forest last weekend but OPRF chose to send their JV and take their varsity elsewhere... that was a tad disappointing as they were looking forward to seeing a team of that caliber in a dual setting.

In order to crack the national rankings you have to wrestle a schedule that sees other ranked competition throughout the year. Typically this should include multiple attempts unless your team is good enough to beat multiple teams in the top 30ish in one event. None of the other TN teams have wrestled that type of schedule this year. That isn't to say they haven't wrestled tough schedules because they have... just look at the event in Florida that Cleveland won. That was a very solid event but unfortunately it featured no nationally ranked teams. The schedules of the schools you mentioned just haven't afforded them the opportunity to knock off any of those types of teams this year (I do think Ryan was scheduled to attend Moeller's tournament in Ohio where they would have seen at least one ranked team but unfortunately they had to miss the event).

CBHS will have their work cut out for them to maintain their national ranking and their state #1 ranking over the next few weeks. They will have the challenge of seeing a hopefully healthy Cleveland team this weekend at GP West (along with several other solid teams), they have Soddy Daisy at home as part of the CBHS duals. That doesn't even cover what they will see from the DII teams around post-season time. CBHS will see all of the top 6 teams in the current state poll over the next 1.5 months. Any slips inside the state and their national ranking will be gone but more importantly to them it could cost them a state title if it occurred at the wrong time. It should be a fun close to the season this year.

Edited by ghouse

Garrett,

Yes I agree...my case in point wasn't to single out CBHS...definitely not the biggest offender...so are you saying it would be better to release rankings on a Tuesday so that coaches have time to input results on Monday? I spent an inordinate amount of time last season trying to track scores through newspapers with little to no results. Thanks for the heads up on the Commercial Appeal...my post wasn't supposed to slight you guys but say "if it wasn't for GHouse posting" I wouldn't get results in time for proper rankings.

Coach Knepper

Garrett,

Yes I agree...my case in point wasn't to single out CBHS...definitely not the biggest offender...so are you saying it would be better to release rankings on a Tuesday so that coaches have time to input results on Monday? I spent an inordinate amount of time last season trying to track scores through newspapers with little to no results. Thanks for the heads up on the Commercial Appeal...my post wasn't supposed to slight you guys but say "if it wasn't for GHouse posting" I wouldn't get results in time for proper rankings.

Coach Knepper

I have found that there are a lot move results available in the NWCA system early in the week as opposed to looking on Sunday or even early Monday. That is why I am often the last one to submit my rankings to the TWF group. Back when I used to be the one posting them I targeted Wednesday to have new rankings up.

For the coaches traveling I can understand not wanting to spend your Sunday entering results when you could be spending what little time you get with your family. I imagine many wait until school or post-practice on Monday to handle data entry.

I don't like digging through the newspapers but sometimes it is the only way to find results... like Soddy's tournament. You can get the consolation finals by checking the Chattanoogan (B.B Branton always thorough with his reporting). I prefer to stick to using the NWCA site whenever i can but if I feel the results are important enough I will hunt around to see what I can find.

Edited by ghouse

I have found that there are a lot move results available in the NWCA system early in the week as opposed to looking on Sunday or even early Monday. That is why I am often the last one to submit my rankings to the TWF group. Back when I used to be the one posting them I targeted Wednesday to have new rankings up.

For the coaches traveling I can understand not wanting to spend your Sunday entering results when you could be spending what little time you get with your family. I imagine many wait until school or post-practice on Monday to handle data entry.

Why don't we target for Wednesday next week then...and make that the day we report from now on? I am okay with that if it helps reduce research and provides more time for reporting results.