Blade leaves OR

3wiggle

Sadly we apparently aren't going to agree on what's so obvious to many, so here's another question. How many coaches do you see a new coach being able to bring with him? Is Blade taking anyone with him?

I tend not to comment on things i know nothing about and when i don't i give people a benefit of the doubt. I have learned that if you don't know the facts to something just close your lips. None of us know the ultimate truth of the matter, no matter how much you think you may. Everything else is gossip and maligning, 2 things i like to stay away from.

Edited by SweetScience

I tend not to comment on things i know nothing about and when i don't i give people a benefit of the doubt. I have learned that if you don't know the facts to something just close your lips. None of us know the ultimate truth of the matter, no matter how much you think you may. Everything else is gossip and maligning, 2 things i like to stay away from.

How many coaches Blade is taking with him wouldn't be considered gossip. Is he taking anyone with him? As for your gossip comment, if people didn't gossip on here, they would have to shut it down for inactivity! Lol

How many coaches Blade is taking with him wouldn't be considered gossip. Is he taking anyone with him? As for your gossip comment, if people didn't gossip on here, they would have to shut it down for inactivity! Lol

You can gossip without talking of people and running them down, in case you didn't know that. And i didn't even include the answer to your question in my last post because i have no earthly idea how many coaches if any he is taking with him.

Carringer hired Blade.................Mullins wanted his friend.

Wrong, completely wrong. Not even close. Blade was the obvious choice. He was the only one that applied that had beaten Maryville and won a state championship that year. Don't let your hatred of Mullins cause you to talk about things that you have NO knowledge of.

I do not know squat about anyone in power in Oak Ridge, so I have nothing to say about it.

The one thing I know about is the TRADITION that is Oak Ridge. I am just hoping you get a quality Coach that can bring back the greatness there.

Thanks LOD. I miss the old OR Riverdale matchups. Man, them were some great times and great great games. Great memories from those days.

I have the sense that people in Oak Ridge don't REALLY want a great school system or athletic program any longer because they make such a big noise about their taxes and paying for the schools. A community that REALLY wanted a great football program would pony up for a renovation of the old, decrepit football stadium at Blankenship Field and would pony up for an improved practice facility that matches the great soccer stadium at the school. You get what you pay for.

As for the numbers on Coach Blade's teams, I wonder about the numbers on the other teams at the school. Are the coaches on those teams able to keep their numbers high so they always have a big pool of athletes to develop?

You can gossip without talking of people and running them down, in case you didn't know that. And i didn't even include the answer to your question in my last post because i have no earthly idea how many coaches if any he is taking with him.

It is normal for some coaches to take long standing assistants with them. It woud a wise person (who is fortunate to get this job) to keep assistant(s) who are familiar with and can educate him on the traditions of OR - as you all have spoken about!

It is normal for some coaches to take long standing assistants with them. It woud a wise person (who is fortunate to get this job) to keep assistant(s) who are familiar with and can educate him on the traditions of OR - as you all have spoken about!

By the way, is Bobby Winkle, who played at the University of Kentucky, part of the OR tradition you all have spoken of? If so, does her reside in Tennessee of in the OR area?

I hope that a coach is hired that will reignite interest in the football program in the community and in the school hallways. I do not know who that might be, I just know how he should be. I also think it is time for the School Administration to start investing in the program, i.e. facilities, especially Blankenship Field. Other schools are doing so, whether it be with public or private money or both, We have great facilities for basketball, soccer etc., and now it is time for football to get some attention as far as facilities and support go.

Coach Blade did a great job on the field, he got the team playing at the level it should be, he did not have the talent that OR teams in the past had, or he would have probably won the big prize, but he got them as far as they could get. He was not a PR coach, did not feel like it was his job to get the support from the community, he hoped that winning would do that, but it did not, as evidenced by the weak crowd for the Science Hill playoff game.

OR football is again at a crossroads, to go in the right direction it needs a top notch coach with both the on and off field skills to move the program forward, time for the School Administration to lead on this, and back it up!!!

It seems from reading that OR is needing a coach that can impact in a lot of different ways. In my opinion, being an area fan, it would be best to get someone who will be given a fresh start and build on what Coach Blade has done. In order to rally the community and hallways, hiring someone with positive energy and enthusiasm would be a great fit. Any ideas?