Blade leaves OR

3wiggle

Been following these talks since Blade resigned. Would the Principal/AD/board be interested in a successful assistant from middle Tennesseee with successful HC background? Great in the community as well - besides coaching - people person and fund raising background. I know just the person - just don't know if he would be interested - or think he had a chance to get it!

I'm certainly not an Oak Ridge insider by any means, but I would be really surprised if Oak Ridge were to hire an assistant coach from outside the current Oak Ridge staff. I would have to believe that the powers that be there will be looking for a man with successful head coaching experience. It's a good job. They will find a good football coach.

I couldn't agree more. I have been trying to do some research myself, looking at some successful programs last couple of years. I think OR needs a BOOM with this hire for a lot of different reasons!

You are both probably correct - but I am here to tell you my friend has a resume that will match anyone's - great coach, better person - and perfect for what you all have been talking about. As was told me earl;ier - it only costs a stamp.

I'm certainly not an Oak Ridge insider by any means, but I would be really surprised if Oak Ridge were to hire an assistant coach from outside the current Oak Ridge staff. I would have to believe that the powers that be there will be looking for a man with successful head coaching experience. It's a good job. They will find a good football coach.

I agree with you.

Conditions are favorable for Joe to return. Think about it, Bailey gone, Ken Green gone. Smallridge in, Jim Younger is here. It could happen. Not saying it will, but it could.

Also, look for the grass at Blankenship to be replaced with artificial turf in the next few years, Fund raising effort has been ongoing for a few years now. I'm hopeful that the effort is successful. I do know the fund is close to the amount needed. Atleast there is an effort underway to make improvements.

I was just saying I'm aware of the effort that is underway. Other improvements could be on the table as well. Atleast, some people out here are doing something positive. While others are just complaining, pointing fingers and running people down. It's their right to do so, but it doesn't help the situation any.

Edited by ORidgeKat

I was just saying I'm aware of the effort that is underway. Other improvements could be on the table as well. Atleast, some people out here are doing something positive. While others are just complaining, pointing fingers and running people down. It's their right to do so, but it doesn't help the situation any.

I would be in favor of the new turf for sure and not because Maryville has it but because I think it's the way to go and I want Oak Ridge to have it. The renovations that 82Wildcat68 mentioned are all needed and should definitely take place. I'm tired of football getting slighted around here. The "Arena" is great and I'm glad we have it but we should have gotten more improvements in the football facility at ORHS at the same time but nobody pushed for it. We need lots of upgrades at Blankenship but nothing much is getting done because not enough people voice their opinions. It's time to change all of that. Whoever you want the next coach to be, if you have an opinion, then let it be known. This administration NEEDS some help in this next hire because I think this one is critical. The only thing I will say about the hire is that he should be a successful head coach he and should have the ability to rally the community, student body, and players behind the program. He needs to revive the excitement level with regard to ORHS football and also get more players out for football than we currently do. He needs to make his presence felt at Jefferson, Robertsville, and the Boys Club, as well as throughout town with the business leaders. Blade was a good coach with Xs and Os, and a good disciplinarian but the next guy must be much nore than that.

Who's doing all the fund raising. Sure ain't the school system. I don't mind helping but guess I'm out of the loop. We need new dressing rooms and a new press box more than turf, just my thoughts. But if we hit the lottery let's go for the gold. When the visitors bleachers fall down and they get sued, then they'll fix em, if the state don't make them fix them first, like last time.