District 3AAA

DyronNix

I heard they are all hanging up there basketball programs, CC.

LOL, yea may as well. Playing for last is getting kinda old. OR, should have an easy night tonight, I think the game of the night is Halls at Powell. Both with one loss and undefeated in district play. Have these two teams ever came into this game with such good records? Not as long as I can remember. I'd like to go but hate Powells gym. It'll probably be packed and I may have to sit next to a Halls fan, YUCK!! Lol JK parfive. Just looked, combined record 24-2, 11-0. Yea, i'd say its a big game. On another note, it looks like all the big boys will start playing each other after the break, and the losses should start coming for them, and the district will take shape. Heard this week that Campbell co. was hosting the district tourny this year. Wouldnt want to play them at home for a trip to region. always a tough place to play.

I'm the least of your worries, my wife on the other hand...... I'm a transplant but my wife and her whole family went to Powell. My son played AAU with most of these guys. I don't get real fired up. I hope the refs let them play tonight. Can't wait to see who works the game. Blessing and a curse.

Edited by parfive00

I'm the least of your worries, my wife on the other hand...... I'm a transplant but my wife and her whole family went to Powell. My son played AAU with most of these guys. I don't get real fired up. I hope the refs let them play tonight. Can't wait to see who works the game. Blessing and a curse.

Yea, if you get bad refs or one that thinks all those people are there to see them, it could be a long night. I think they should send the best they have to this game. Maybe two good ones and one average. If you get Whitehead, Justice, Chambers,Huff, There will definately be a couple T's. This is agame where you let them play, and let them determine who wins. Good luck to you and your wife.

Yea, if you get bad refs or one that thinks all those people are there to see them, it could be a long night. I think they should send the best they have to this game. Maybe two good ones and one average. If you get Whitehead, Justice, Chambers,Huff, There will definately be a couple T's. This is agame where you let them play, and let them determine who wins. Good luck to you and your wife.

Nevermind. Powell uses KNOXsouth refs, not KNOXridge. Powell is definately better off.

Read article about Powell and Ogan in the paper today. Hard to believe Powell had 4 losing seasons in a row leading up to last year. They are having a great year as is Halls, Karns, and Oak Ridge. It was just a few years ago when it was Clinton, Central, and Anderson County in the top three spots AC's first two years in AAA. Now those three are at the bottom. Funny how things change. As Ogan said, talent goes in cycles. Second half of the season should be fun.

So this is all I will say on the matter. This could have been the game of the year! Both teams threw everything at each other and it was RUINED buy 3 men!!!! Powell is good, they have a GREAT inside game, play a GREAT press. We needed to see how we stack up against top competition, but tonight was a total loss thanks to those 3. I take pity in any and all teams who end up with those guys. BLECH.

So this is all I will say on the matter. This could have been the game of the year! Both teams threw everything at each other and it was RUINED buy 3 men!!!! Powell is good, they have a GREAT inside game, play a GREAT press. We needed to see how we stack up against top competition, but tonight was a total loss thanks to those 3. I take pity in any and all teams who end up with those guys. BLECH.

So, u didnt think Randy deserved the T?

Chill I agree I think Randy did want that T His kids rallied after the T. Randy coaches hard and his kids play that way....Im a powell fan and what I enjoyed was seeing the Powell gym rock like the old days......Really great atmosphere and great chess match between two good coaches. Powells kids are very disciplined .