District 3AAA

DyronNix

Karns beat Catholic 73-66, Chris Cox had 25 playing with the flu, the Irish were also playing with out Ryan Henry and a few players out with the Flu. Catholic misses 11 freethrows in the game. Hard combination. Sibley had 20 half of it FT's and nasty two handed dunk. I read on a earlier post were someone mentioned how good Jefferson Middle was. I saw them lose 50-23 to Bearden Middle and 4 of BMS top 7 players including their leading scorer and rebounder (who scored 24 against Jefferson) are headed to Catholic. Also if I'm correct most of Robertsville players play for the Pyro, I saw them lose a few times to the TN Vision in AAU (yes, I know you can't compare AAU to regular season bball) and almost all of those kids for the Vision are headed to Catholic. Should be interesting the next few years.

Karns beat Catholic 73-66, Chris Cox had 25 playing with the flu, the Irish were also playing with out Ryan Henry and a few players out with the Flu. Catholic misses 11 freethrows in the game. Hard combination. Sibley had 20 half of it FT's and nasty two handed dunk. I read on a earlier post were someone mentioned how good Jefferson Middle was. I saw them lose 50-23 to Bearden Middle and 4 of BMS top 7 players including their leading scorer and rebounder (who scored 24 against Jefferson) are headed to Catholic. Also if I'm correct most of Robertsville players play for the Pyro, I saw them lose a few times to the TN Vision in AAU (yes, I know you can't compare AAU to regular season bball) and almost all of those kids for the Vision are headed to Catholic. Should be interesting the next few years.

Really doesn't matter anyways. Catholic means nothing to this district and OR nothing to their district. Makes a big difference when you combine both Jefferson and Robertsville together, along with the coaching of Aaron Green.

Edited by SweetScience

I doubt if all those are headed to catholic. Do you still have to pay tuition to go there? or is it free to athletes? Or I guess they get "financial Aid"LOL. I think its robertsville is the one thats really good, and Jefferson has a couple really nice players. Also,if all those kids go to one school at the same time, your right, it will get real interesting. There wont be enough playing time to go around. Why go to Catholic and finish 3rd, 4th, every year, when they can go to OR and win the district and advance to region and sub-state every year? I'd be surprised if they all end up there, But i kinda wish they would, it'd make it easier on everybody else in 3AAA.LOL

I doubt if all those are headed to catholic. Do you still have to pay tuition to go there? or is it free to athletes? Or I guess they get "financial Aid"LOL. I think its robertsville is the one thats really good, and Jefferson has a couple really nice players. Also,if all those kids go to one school at the same time, your right, it will get real interesting. There wont be enough playing time to go around. Why go to Catholic and finish 3rd, 4th, every year, when they can go to OR and win the district and advance to region and sub-state every year? I'd be surprised if they all end up there, But i kinda wish they would, it'd make it easier on everybody else in 3AAA.LOL

Yes, if i am not mistaken Robertsville is 13-0 right now. That's the really good Middle School Oak Ridge team right now. Like you said Jefferson is good and has a few good players when they are combined together will just make them even better. Not sure what Jefferson's record is right now, but it's pretty good in itself. Is Catholic in district 3AAA or am i missing something? lol

Yes, if i am not mistaken Robertsville is 13-0 right now. That's the really good Middle School Oak Ridge team right now. Like you said Jefferson is good and has a few good players when they are combined together will just make them even better. Not sure what Jefferson's record is right now, but it's pretty good in itself. Is Catholic in district 3AAA or am i missing something? lol

Nobody talks about 4AAA so we hop in just to have hoop conversation. LOL.I'm friends with several of your coaches so I follow your district and hopefully will see more of the teams come region time.

Nobody talks about 4AAA so we hop in just to have hoop conversation. LOL.I'm friends with several of your coaches so I follow your district and hopefully will see more of the teams come region time.

I'm just giving ya a hard time buddy. Your more than welcomed to jump in here and talk hoops. Doesn't hurt a thing and you provide good information. Hope you have a good New Years along with the rest of the guys on here. Oak Ridge ends up 3-1 at the Arby's tournament after beating DB for the 2nd time this year 48-33. Great faring at the tourney and with a few bounces coulda placed in the top 3.

Edited by SweetScience

Congrats to OR. They represented us very well up there. Looks like all our teams did ok in their respective tournys. Now its time to get serious about the district. I hope CC and AC can have a better showing in the second half. AC hasnt beaten a AAA team all season, that has to change in the second half. HVA should be better with the Brown kid. CC won a couple tough games at Maryville without their best 2 players. Powell won the Lenoir city Tourny, and I think HVA was 3rd. Hall won a couple cupcakes and AC made it to the finals of their tourny. Overall nice showing for the district.

Youre welcome here anytime Irish!! Were just busting your chops abit. LOL. I dont know why people arent on fire for your district right now. You have some really good teams, and some getting better every week. Hard to understand sometimes.

So who do OR and Karns play Fri?? Looks like some big games around town. I'll give my Sat to a Frosh thing at SDHS. Not that I don't enjoy watching my son, but MAN Frosh ball is tough to watch after Powell/Halls Friday Night!!

LOL. yea its hard to watch sometimes, but just remember those games, and then look at them when there jr's and sr's, then you will be proud. Im gonna try and go to Powell/Halls game friday. Should be a good one. We will see if the relitively easy schedule Halls has played thus far was a good move or not. Powell is just solid, well coached and played some good competition. I hope its a one point game all night,