District 3AAA

DyronNix

Powell seems head and shoulders above everyone else. Holding Oak Ridge to 30 points to get the sweep is pretty special. Tournament should be fun.

Head and shoulders? Not like they looked very dominant last night, either. They scored 35 pts at home. It's hard to win in that building, especially with the crowd that was there last night. Bigtime home court advantage in that place. That game coulda went either way. OR led l the whole way until 3 mins to go in the game. Good job on there part getting the sweep. A month from now nobody will remember them winning the district, but themselves. That's why i love basketball, it's a tournament sport. Like Aaron Green said the other night all regular season games really are are scrimmages until the real season (tournament play) starts, when it really matters. I like our chances.

Edited by SweetScience

Only scored 4 points in the 1st qtr. Lost 3 of the last 5. And got lucky with our draw. The OR side of the district is scary. Last night was a total meltdown. It will be interesting to see what stories come out of what happened. I will say that this record is more of what I thought it would be. Sneak a couple wins against better teams, and beat the teams worse than us. We are definitely a 4th place team. Maybe we can sneak into the regionals. Glad I'm done after this year because next year is gonna be tough to watch.

Only scored 4 points in the 1st qtr. Lost 3 of the last 5. And got lucky with our draw. The OR side of the district is scary. Last night was a total meltdown. It will be interesting to see what stories come out of what happened. I will say that this record is more of what I thought it would be. Sneak a couple wins against better teams, and beat the teams worse than us. We are definitely a 4th place team. Maybe we can sneak into the regionals. Glad I'm done after this year because next year is gonna be tough to watch.

I don't know what happened at Clinton, but they didn't play we'll at CC the other night. Only thing was, Poteet and st.john played relly bad or they would have lost that one too. Maybe it's time for randy to pick girls or boys. I know he's done it a long time but he's not 25 anymore, and it has to take. Some of the passion out of coaching. We said they played a very weak out of district schedule and accumulated some wins, maybe randy knew they weren't very good and was trying to reach that 20 win season again.

Now for the draw thing. I disagree with you a little bit on that. They have to play ac on nuetral site after beating them by three a weak earlier. If they win, they probably get CC who has won like four in a row. And one of them is karns. And it's at CC. Hmmm. I don't know

It is my belief that after seeing all the teams in districts 3and 4 that oak ridge is the only team that can play with or beat science hill. Don't get me wrong OR may not even win our tourney, but they are the only one that have the athletes and size to do it.

I like how you think lol...Honestly with our athletic talent we should be in the place Powell is in right now. Unfortunately talent alone doesn't win ballgames(Just look at the L.A. Lakers) Powell has been a better "team" this year. Got to credit there coach a lot because if you stack up athlete to athlete it isn't even close and i am not just saying that because i'm an OR fan. If we can learn how to play as a "team" like Powell has done this year, we can play with just about anyone in the state imo. Just a matter of getting there.

Edited by SweetScience

SS it looks like they just take a game off now and then. That stuff don't cut it.

Yep and i hate to say, but you have to blame that on coaching. It's the coaches responsibility to get the kids prepared to play every night they play. We aren't as fundamentally sound as say a team like Powell is. That's the difference. We make stupid mistakes @ the worst times in a ballgame and can't make our FREE throws. Fundamentals........When you get a team who can get that aspect of the game down with the athletic talent we have then you have something special. I've been saying all year our FT shooting would come back to haunt us and it did. Sometimes i think our coaches and us as fans may get caught up in the athletic aspect of it and not focus on what wins ballgames...Fundamentals and talent. You go 2-12 on the line you aren't gonna beat many teams, let alone a good team like Powell.

Edited by SweetScience

I like how you think lol...Honestly with our athletic talent we should be in the place Powell is in right now. Unfortunately talent alone doesn't win ballgames(Just look at the L.A. Lakers) Powell has been a better "team" this year. Got to credit there coach a lot because if you stack up athlete to athlete it isn't even close and i am not just saying that because i'm an OR fan. If we can learn how to play as a "team" like Powell has done this year, we can play with just about anyone in the state imo. Just a matter of getting there.

Yes, I agree that Powell is the best TEAM in probably both districts. I expect them to represent our district well at regions, but everything you said is what I'm talking about at sub state. It takes size,speed and pure athleticism to go any further than that. Your right too Bounder, but they can't afford to take any nights off from here on out. Play like its your last game every night.

Yep and i hate to say, but you have to blame that on coaching. It's the coaches responsibility to get the kids prepared to play every night they play. We aren't as fundamentally sound as say a team like Powell is. That's the difference. We make stupid mistakes @ the worst times in a ballgame and can't make our FREE throws. Fundamentals........When you get a team who can get that aspect of the game down with the athletic talent we have then you have something special. I've been saying all year our FT shooting would come back to haunt us and it did. Sometimes i think our coaches and us as fans may get caught up in the athletic aspect of it and not focus on what wins ballgames...Fundamentals and talent. You go 2-12 on the line you aren't gonna beat many teams, let alone a good team like Powell.

I agree with you to a point. But at what point do you start blaming the players. Have you been to any of their practices? If not you should go and watch. Their coaches preach and preach fundamentals. They can shoot 1000 free throws a day, but if they can't make them under pressure, how is that the coaches fault. That is Oak Ridge's problem, too many people want to blame the coaches, well I've been around Oak Ridge athletics from the little leagues to the high school, and I continue to see our kids get out worked. Some of that starts at home. We have good athletes but we don't have any phenoms, so quit patting little Johnnie on the butt and making excuses for him. We simple have gotten out played, out hustled, out executed. Every game they have lost they have led by 9-10 points at one time.

Edited by extremefury