District 3AAA

DyronNix

Maryville comes out hitting the three ball and pulls the upset.

Maybe, but it hard to hit those threes when their in your jock. Lol. They could win, but I think the speed and focus that OR has right now will be too much for maryville. Merriiam will have a great game if maryville has to play a lot of man to man. Landers has to stay in the game and keep his composure through out. Maryville's subs look shaky at best vs. Powell. Coach E will have a plan I'm sure and Maryville could win but I just don't see it at this point.

If the tri-cities refs allow Oak Ridge to play a physical game like they did the other night against Bearden, then Oak Ridge could win by double digits. It would not surprise if that's the case considering how physical all the games have been. If the refs call the hand checks and pushing in the post, then Maryville has a great chance to win. Whoever controls the tempo...wins. Maryville has won the boards against nearly every team they. Rebs beat Powell on the glass by ten. Kimble and Garrett vs Hall and Henderson is an outstanding matchup of the best guard tandems in the region hands down. Should be a great game.

If the tri-cities refs allow Oak Ridge to play a physical game like they did the other night against Bearden, then Oak Ridge could win by double digits. It would not surprise if that's the case considering how physical all the games have been. If the refs call the hand checks and pushing in the post, then Maryville has a great chance to win. Whoever controls the tempo...wins. Maryville has won the boards against nearly every team they. Rebs beat Powell on the glass by ten. Kimble and Garrett vs Hall and Henderson is an outstanding matchup of the best guard tandems in the region hands down. Should be a great game.

Your right, the refs have let them play pretty rough, but then call the incidental stuff. ?? Why? I know, no one has said a lot about it or wants to question such a great coach, but I'm going to ask the question anyway. So here it is,

When Powell was obviously in a lot of foul trouble late in the game vs. Maryville, why didn't Ogan put the big freshman in an keep some of those guys around till the end of the game? I mean they had the lead and that kid could have gotten some of the rebounds Powell wasn't getting. He waited till 3 guys fouled out before bringing him in. Also, another big call was the jump ball in OT. It was obviously knocked out by maryville, but amazingly, all 3 refs didn't see it? C 'mon, all three? They were the only three in the gym that didn't see it. Maryville then gets the re-tip, and landers scores and the rest is history. It's a little thing but when Powell is ahead, their a different team.

Just a couple things to discuss, I may be reading too much into both these things. ?

Your right, the refs have let them play pretty rough, but then call the incidental stuff. ?? Why? I know, no one has said a lot about it or wants to question such a great coach, but I'm going to ask the question anyway. So here it is,

When Powell was obviously in a lot of foul trouble late in the game vs. Maryville, why didn't Ogan put the big freshman in an keep some of those guys around till the end of the game? I mean they had the lead and that kid could have gotten some of the rebounds Powell wasn't getting. He waited till 3 guys fouled out before bringing him in. Also, another big call was the jump ball in OT. It was obviously knocked out by maryville, but amazingly, all 3 refs didn't see it? C 'mon, all three? They were the only three in the gym that didn't see it. Maryville then gets the re-tip, and landers scores and the rest is history. It's a little thing but when Powell is ahead, their a different team.

Just a couple things to discuss, I may be reading too much into both these things. ?

Didn't get there until the end of overtime, but really, I can't see any fault in the Refs. Powell still had chances to tie the game all the way to the last shot. You even really said it. Maryville gets the re-tip and scores and the rest is history. It's not Maryville fault the Powell didn't do anything after that.

For playing the big guy, I don't no the reasoning. Since he's just a freshman, he may not have a lot of confidence in him. He came in against Oak Ridge in the district championship late in the 2nd qtr, scored 4 pts. and never returned. I did see him play against the OR JV and 1, he didn't start and 2, he tended to fumble around the ball and miss easy shots. OR end up beating them by 20.

Didn't get there until the end of overtime, but really, I can't see any fault in the Refs. Powell still had chances to tie the game all the way to the last shot. You even really said it. Maryville gets the re-tip and scores and the rest is history. It's not Maryville fault the Powell didn't do anything after that.

For playing the big guy, I don't no the reasoning. Since he's just a freshman, he may not have a lot of confidence in him. He came in against Oak Ridge in the district championship late in the 2nd qtr, scored 4 pts. and never returned. I did see him play against the OR JV and 1, he didn't start and 2, he tended to fumble around the ball and miss easy shots. OR end up beating them by 20.

Well u make a couple good points on the ref stuff and again I may be reading too much, probably way too much on that particular thing.

As for the big guy. Your right, he did play vs. OR and helped Powell jump to a 7 point lead. Then he leaves, and OR runs them out of the gym for a while and he never returns. What's up with that? If he's good enough to play in the 2nd quarter, why wouldn't u play him in the second half? I know the freshman thing and all that, but he didn't do anything to hurt the team in the second, so I would've given him a look during the 16-0 run, if nothing else, to send a message to the rest of team. Same for maryville game.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

Well u make a couple good points on the ref stuff and again I may be reading too much, probably way too much on that particular thing.

As for the big guy. Your right, he did play vs. OR and helped Powell jump to a 7 point lead. Then he leaves, and OR runs them out of the gym for a while and he never returns. What's up with that? If he's good enough to play in the 2nd quarter, why wouldn't u play him in the second half? I know the freshman thing and all that, but he didn't do anything to hurt the team in the second, so I would've given him a look during the 16-0 run, if nothing else, to send a message to the rest of team. Same for maryville game.

I agree. I say the same thing about the big guy Nick for Oak Ridge. I don't understand why Greene doesn't play him more at times. At least he would give them a bigger presence at times. I've seen him go in, give Oak Ridge a little spark and never get back in again. An example was the first Halls game. He came in early, scored, got some rebounds and blocks, and the never went in again. I think sometimes coaches get stuck on their system and refuse to adapt to what maybe working at that time.