8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

Im not in high school to start off and the only reason why I say he hurts the team is bc his wrist is still broke. It sure seems like it anyway since its taped and is supposed to Be out for a couple more weeks. That's all I'm saying. Even the radio guy said Howell doesn't look like himself. But good luck to District 8-AA in regions

Howell helps the team in the sense of an extra defender that knows where to be and makes us use one less on the bench. The downfall of it is with a broken wrist you're going to be shooting the ball without flicking your fingers and the form will be bad. This will lead to low percentage threes and that in a sense hurts.

The reason we all say we could win with a healthy Howell is we have done it twice. I know your players had bad games, but that can be said anytime. The last meeting between us for instance. You would argue that LA caused it. I would argue that the other two times our team caused your players the bad game due to playing better. Either way I'm glad he played because it didn't hurt us if we end up meeting again. Just one more game of conditioning for him.

Now asking a question like this is funny! If Martin wanted to throw the game would he not keep Howell off the crt until region, not risking re-injury. Obviously he wanted to win, cause Howell should have never touched the crt. Seems like some beleive its a Dekalb win if Howell is healthy. I think it would be a better game but if they meet in region championship I will go with LA!

Apparently you're referring to my post 'that Dekalb would not win without Howell'. It's apparent that a healthy Howell makes Dekalb a much better team. He creates a matchup problem for LA and other teams. You won't find a bigger LA fan than me but I try to tell it like it is., Howell's not full strength and won't be for the region tourney. I agree, LA wins!

Apparently you're referring to my post 'that Dekalb would not win without Howell'. It's apparent that a healthy Howell makes Dekalb a much better team. He creates a matchup problem for LA and other teams. You won't find a bigger LA fan than me but I try to tell it like it is., Howell's not full strength and won't be for the region tourney. I agree, LA wins!

No Rabbit wasn't refering to you. I agree with that statement you made about Dekalb not being able to beat LA without Howell. I think neither team could beat the other if you take one of their top 3 players out and play against a healthy team (they are that close!) But do you beleive LA can beat a 100% healthy DeKalb team? I know anything can happen bla bla... If you had to bet the house, who would you choose? My statement was to the DC fans. I may have misunderstood some of the post, but it sounded like a few feels that if Howell is back 100% a win is a given. I do understand DC fans having confidence after having two wins against a healthy LA team. I still take LA if there is a 4th round (even if both teams were 100%) Quiet frankly if we win tomorrow, I am more concerned about Upperman.

No Rabbit wasn't refering to you. I agree with that statement you made about Dekalb not being able to beat LA without Howell. I think neither team could beat the other if you take one of their top 3 players out and play against a healthy team (they are that close!) But do you beleive LA can beat a 100% healthy DeKalb team? I know anything can happen bla bla... If you had to bet the house, who would you choose? My statement was to the DC fans. I may have misunderstood some of the post, but it sounded like a few feels that if Howell is back 100% a win is a given. I do understand DC fans having confidence after having two wins against a healthy LA team. I still take LA if there is a 4th round (even if both teams were 100%) Quiet frankly if we win tomorrow, I am more concerned about Upperman.

I think LA is playing their best basketball at the right time. I thought Dekalb was the better team in the two earlier games.( That's my opinion) I think a healthly Howell makes Dekalb a much better team. LA is playing better. Howell is not 100%. I think, if they meet, LA wins!

I think DeKalb vs LA rivalry has been really good for the district. I wish both teams best of luck in the region tournament and hopefully with a little luck on DC"s side we might see LA again. They are a great team with great tradition. They are well coached with good players. Best of luck to all 8-AA teams.

Nice post! I too wish all the teams in 8aa best of luck. Take care of 7aa & do it again!