8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

Don't mean to sound arrogant, (which I can be at times) but Dekalb Co. will not beat LA without Howell.

That is not arrogance, but practical. DC looked awful against Upperman but still could have won prior to Howell breaking his wrist with the game still within 3 at that moment. I know that a player or two were sick but it looked like the boys were asleep until the middle of the third quarter. They then played aggressively for 4 minutes, Howell broke his hand and the comeback fizzled.

With our full squad healthy, I believe we would have won the district and possibly if not probably the region. Anything is possible in sport but our chances did just suffer greatly and Coach Martin now has a monumental task to overcome the loss of our best ball handler and play maker. I hate it for all of the seniors. Again, anything is possible but it just became much more difficult.

Hate to hear about Howell. He plays hard & deserves a chance to reap the benefits. Now what seemed to be a for sure Dekalb season title may not happen. I dont think dekalb will beat LA or Baxter without Howell. Cannon will look to pounce at home. Welcome to the top guys! Everyone brings their A games when your there! Wish speedy recovery for Howell!

Rabbitt u could be right will be very hard for DC rest of the way. If DC can find a way to win there last 3 games and finish 11-1 in this district that would be amazing considering Howell will have missed i think 7 games. Howell will be missed. District tournament will be hard on DC. I still believe they can find a way. Alot of tough games lie ahead for DC. Only time will tell. Good luck Tigers the rest of the way.

Edited by Stealer007