Mr. Basketball Thread for 2012-13

CoachT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DII-A - Rob Marberry. Marberry had just under 100 blocks last season as a sophomore - on pace to beat that this year as a junior. He will pass the 1000 points career mark before this season ends (junior). Consider he averages 16 points a game - and only plays an average of 19 minutes per game (due to their division being so weak and the bench players getting in for most of the 2nd half). His FRA team is undefeated (8-0) in district play and holds a 22-3 overall record this season so far. Marberry leads FRA as the toughest defensive team in the state.

Edited by boogie123

For 1A , junior Derrick Spears from MTCS is having an incredible season. According to local paper, he is averaging 24 pts, 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 2.5 steals a game. His team is also leading their district, so he isn't doing this on a bad team. Being from middle Tennessee, obviously I haven't seen these guys from east & west TN, but when you look numbers, I wonder if anyone has any better than this.

For 1A , junior Derrick Spears from MTCS is having an incredible season. According to local paper, he is averaging 24 pts, 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 2.5 steals a game. His team is also leading their district, so he isn't doing this on a bad team. Being from middle Tennessee, obviously I haven't seen these guys from east & west TN, but when you look numbers, I wonder if anyone has any better than this.

he is good, but mr. basketball canidate? not even close.

he is good, but mr. basketball canidate? not even close.

Hoops,

I would just like to compare numbers. These are number of a candidate at the very least. It looks like MTCS won their district, so he isn't a guy putting up numbers on a bad team. Their district is actually pretty solid too. Everyone else is throwing out names like we all know them. I would like to know these other candidates stats and what their teams did.

I would say 24 & 12 are stout numbers for any level of high school basketball.

problem with mr basketball is this state is so big people just dont know everyone in the state. plus the competition sways so much throughout the state its easier to avg 26 and 12 against oakdale, sunbright, jellico, and coalfield. its not so easy against humboldt, union city, and the likes of d-14 but who knows. my prediction is

A- Fountain

AA- Lindsey

AAA- Hubbs

Watertown High School has 2 that could be worthy point guard Macieo Gaines and Guard Ty Jobe. Gaines avg.13pts 8rbs 4asst and 4 steals a game. and Jobe avg 16pts 9rbs 3 asst 4 steals a game. They have lead the team to a 19-3 record and ranked 7th in the state in the latest AP poll. both have great grades and are great character kids.

haha sorry man but these just aren't Mr. Basketball type numbers at all. Go look at the stats of Fountain and D. Spears and then compare. the team has done good this year but its team ball that they are playing without 1 person leading the team. that will typically lead to a team with no players on the Mr. Basketball list. Just look at FC from last year. 28-3 and the State Champions but not a one of their players was even considered to be on the Mr. Basketball ballot

we dont have to guess or speculate any longer

Class A Mr. Basketball Finalists

Alex Fountain, Wartburg Central

Zarmarlus Griffin, Booker T. Washington

Derrick Spears, Middle Tennessee Christian

Class AA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Jalen Lindsey, Christ Presbyterian Academy

A.J. Merriweather, Jackson South Side

Mason Ramsey, Livingston Academy

Class AAA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Robert Hubbs, Dyer County

Nick King, Memphis East