Miss Basketball Thread for 2012-13

CoachT

Single A - Jaycee Coe,

Outside of single A I am hit and miss, but Dickson County Freshman LeaLea Carter(sorry if misspelled) is an amazing player. I know she is averaging around 20 +/- pts and pulls down several rebounds. Great ball handler, great vertical, great shooter, and is just all around good to watch.

Bobbi Staats freshman post Watertown, averaging 12 points per game, lost count of double doubles total team player, anyone who has watched her play would see she needs to be mentioned, went down with a knee injury against Jackson last night, but will be back in action Friday hopefully.

Bell out of CreekWood should definetly be considered on the AA ballot.. I do not think she wins it this year, but I feel she very well could be one of the best three in AA... I do not follow her or women's basketball enough to give you legit stats, but she is worth watching... All around game and great ballplayer... She is carrying CreekWood on her shoulders this year...

I live near CreekWood, but this is in no way a biased post... What I have mentioned above is honestly an understatement in regards to her game...

IMO, she's the best freshman in the state...hands down. However, anyone but Jaycee Coe for this year and 2014, is a sham.

I AGREE , I HAVE SAW JCOUNTY PLAY 4 TIMES THIS YEAR AND JAYCEE COE IS BY FAR THE BEST SINGLE A PLAYER IN THE STATE, I DO BELIEVE THE GIRL FROM VAN BUREN MAY BE THE BEST FRESMEN IN SINGLE A...

CLASS A - FRESHMAN Lakelyn Bouldin (Van Buren Co. High School)

After being double teamed most of the season her stats speak for themselves. She deserves to be considered as a Miss Basketball finalist.

PPG = 21.09

Feild Goal Percentage = 60% (141 of 234)

Free Throw Percentage = 80% (106 of 133)

Rebounds Per game = 10 (213 boards in 21 games)

Assists Per game= 3

Steals Per game = 2.3

Total Points this year so far = 443

8th grade year was pulled up for 4 games - contributing to team advancing to sub-state - 82 points

UNSELFISH, HARDWORKING, DEDICATED basketball player.

Bouldin has had 14 double doubles this season out of 23 games so far

Bouldin has had 14 double doubles this season out of 23 games so far

Ive seen this young lady play and she has a bright future ahead of her for sure. However she is not in the same class as Coe and Hensley are. The Raby girl out of Moore County will also probably be the third candidate.

Coe has already signed with Kentucky as a junior and Hensley will also play Div I college ball somewhere next year.

These stats are very impressive for a freshman for sure but you have to admit VanBuren doesnt exactly play a very tough schedule either. I would put Jackson Countys Kassidy Allen in the same class as this young lady. She is very solid both offensively and more importantly defensively. Who knows maybe in 3 years these two might just be finalist themselves!

Makenzie Hensley from Jackson County is averaging 14 ppg. Also has huge rebounding and blocks numbers , not sure on those exact numbers. She is doing this in very limited minutes due to most games being over very early. She also has a 4.0 gpa

Edited by bob77

The BELL girl from creekwood is by far the best player in the state. To hear them talk her grades are just as good.Will write her ticket anywhere she wants.

Not that I have a dog in the fight but I have a hard time believing this kid is better than Nina Davis of Memphis Central who has already signed with Baylor. Might be a stretch to say best player in the state. Your district? Maybe. Region? Maybe. Classification? Idk. But not state.