Best Facility

POLKcoPRIDE

Kentucky Lake FactsOnly:

1 More shore line than Lake Michigan

2 The top of the gates on Kentucky Dam are at 375' above sea level

3 Record level for Kentucky Lake is 372.5'

4 Using volume to measure a lake's size is misleading

5 Construction of Kentucky Dam began in 1938 and was completed in 1944

6 Using volume to measure a lake's size means one could build the world's largest lake with a post hole digger if he had one with long enough handles

7 Some very famous Coach T members fish Kentucky Lake

8 My father-in-law used to be in charge of all the Dam Water in the TVA system and probably could have emptied it from his laptop in Maryville.

Unbiased, all inclusive list:

Henry County's Patriot Stadium in beautiful Paris, Tn near the largest man made lake in North America and home of the World's Biggest Catfish Fry.

I don't think this is the nicest facility I've been to but it contains the most rabid, boisterous and loudest fans of any place I've seen a game.

I don't gues the privates are included but MUS has a nice facility. Greeneville has a good facility. I enjoy a game at Heritage with the mountains as a backdrop, hear that Campbell County is nice like that.

I bet a longer list would be the worst facility. I have a couple of nominees.

Yeah, one of mine is Clinton. Although they have done some upgrades in recent years, this used to be the worst place and still is that Oak Ridge plays at every other year. Crappy parking, Small stadium that is like a cracker jack box. Only plus is you are pretty much on top of the field lol...Pretty low quality stadium for a 5A school. But, i will give them some slack, they just don't have the money that a lot of other schools have and Oak Ridge needs some upgrades to there stadium as well.

Yeah, one of mine is Clinton. Although they have done some upgrades in recent years, this used to be the worst place and still is that Oak Ridge plays at every other year. Crappy parking, Small stadium that is like a cracker jack box. Only plus is you are pretty much on top of the field lol...Pretty low quality stadium for a 5A school. But, i will give them some slack, they just don't have the money that a lot of other schools have and Oak Ridge needs some upgrades to there stadium as well.

I liken Clinton's stadium to a movie that is so bad it is good. It is laid out funky and you don't see many high school stadiums with end zone bleachers.

I agree as to part and disagree with some. Why can't you have the best of both with a baseball field and football field. They only overlap the endzone and it is all field turf anyways. Seasons don't run into each other anyways. So that is a non argument. As to J Fred's visitor side, it could use some updating, but so could alot of high school stadiums and those changes are coming. Regardless, they are doing something right because DB gets the biggest crowds in the state.

The baseball outfield overlaps onto the football turf quite a bit and the visitor side seating at D-B is all new. It was installed along with the artificial turf. That is what was so disappointing to me when I first saw the stadium after the turf installation. Everyone was going "where is the other half of the visitor's side seating?". It only went from the scoreboard end zone to the closest 35 or 40 yard line. Apparently the new surface can't tolerate heavy bleachers any further out than that. The last few years a few moveable small lightweight bleachers have been scattered a bit further down the line but that is all they can do because the baseball fence goes out so far. Looking forward to the stadium renovation but that only involves the home side.

Man, i know you love your boys, but yes i hate one sided stadiums. If your losing you have to sit there and listen to the opposing teams fans act like dips**** the whole game lol

yea.. haha for me its mainly an aesthetic thing... it just doesnt look right.. we have sufficient seating already .. but i wish they would build some visitors stands on that hill on the otherside, if they did that we would prolly have one of the bigger stadiums in the state.