Brentwood Academy vs. Battle Ground Academy

boneal52

This would have always been one I'd have liked to see. Growing up in Williamson County, Franklin specifically, I always knew that BGA would dominate all these teams I'd never heard of and BA would play all the big 5A schools and both would wind up with between 13 and 15 wins and giant trophies. So of course I always wanted them to play. But what is the deal? Why dont these two ever play? I think in their earlier haydays in the early and mid 90's, BA would've probably dominated. That is just a talent thing. The schools are roughly the same size, but BA had the boys to anti up and play 5A (i.e., Tito Lee, Richard Land, Kurston Biggers, Austin Kemp, and the depth to go with it) and BGA had quality players (Troy Flemming, Jason Dunnavant, O.J. Fleming) but maybe not the depth. But I thought, and still feel the same way, that it could have been great for Williamson County. I figured it surely wasn't a fear of the "big" private schools, as BGA has played MBA and Father Ryan and CPA recently.

Boneal, that's an interesting proposition, and I don't know why the two teams haven't played in such a long time. This year, though, it wouldn't be a game...BA would win by AT LEAST 3 touchdowns judging from their comparative scores against MBA (BGA won 25-23, BA won 31-6) and Goodpasture (BGA lost 32-6, BA won 24-7). Plus, BA has more depth and strength up front, and also has the choice of passing, whereas Greer Bickley, Ryan Karl, and Harlin Hickerson run the ball almost every play. And BA's defense is much tighter, plus the Eagles have played a much stronger schedule.

So this year I'd give the upper hand to BA, but that's why the play the game...or in this case, perhaps that's why they don't.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hotmoose

yes there will be and i will definately come back to watch that one to see the faces on all of the bga families when they see why their coaches havent wanted to play BA since 1983.

Guys, I must say I'm licking my chops. Nothing in HS football intrigues me more (save a State Title) than a great matchup against a local team from another class. The Brentwood and Goodpasture games have been fabulous for two years, and I can't wait to see how BA will fare against BGA. Of course, I haven't done much thinking about how strong either squad will be next year. I guess I'm a little preoccupied. :)