gordonsville

diesel28

Cason is a good 1A player. He might can go play RB at a Division 3 school. Manning is the more complete RB, but IS NOT an SEC RB either. Manning can possibly go play RB at a 1AA program, but if he wants to sign "bigger" he will have to play defense.

CUSA would be a fit. That is if he improves as he should and no injuries.

I coached the kid for 2 years...I coached at Alcoa for 3 and we didn't have an SEC caliber TB. We had an SEC caliber FB and he starts at UK now. Jalen is not SEC talented, he is stiff, inflexible, doesn't run behind his pads, doesn't have great body lean, doesn't use his power and strength to his advantage. If he would become more coachable, tougher, mentally tougher, and play both sides of the ball he could have a chance at UL or smaller but he not SEC big ten caliber. Sorry but he is not.

I coached the kid for 2 years...I coached at Alcoa for 3 and we didn't have an SEC caliber TB. We had an SEC caliber FB and he starts at UK now. Jalen is not SEC talented, he is stiff, inflexible, doesn't run behind his pads, doesn't have great body lean, doesn't use his power and strength to his advantage. If he would become more coachable, tougher, mentally tougher, and play both sides of the ball he could have a chance at UL or smaller but he not SEC big ten caliber. Sorry but he is not.

well said

whether I agree or disagree with your side or the other side...college coaches will make that decision. I do hope the young man can play if he wants to.

whether I agree or disagree with your side or the other side...college coaches will make that decision. I do hope the young man can play if he wants to.

Ok look at some of the best running backs you have seen....what all can they do? They can bend, make cuts, great vision, know how to run the ball, coachable, tough, and can run behind their pads. I'm not saying he can't play at the next level. Cause he surely can but he needs to improve in these areas. I do know for a fact that Charlie Strong and Louisville like him a lot! I hope and pray he can go somewhere like that. I am just stating what I see and know. I have talked to a recruiting analyst about him who has seen him many times...his exact words he is as fast as corn elder but does not play as fast or run as hard as corn

It does not matter where Manning goes to high school... He is already a big name on the Sparq circuit.... He is a combine freak and that alone will land him in the SEC or Big Ten... If the kid ever figures it out, he could be a stud....

Most of the analysts don't see Jalen as a BCS caliber back.

Most likely C-USA type.

If seriously transferring and wanting to play above a mid major DI level in college & hes a RB he should pass on any Wilson county school other than FC. MJ had a great FB in mcCathern & a solid RB in Hopkins the past 2 seasons and neither got "big time" offers. This is with back-to-back years in the 6A semifinals.

Wilson Central thus far has had a few players get some mid major or ivy league offers but not skill players. Linemen or linebackers mostly. This might be due to their playing 0 or one playoff game most years and not getting exposure deep in the playoffs. FC has a definite D1 QB who will sign next yr with offers already from UCLA, SMU, Syracuse, etc. additionally they have a sophomore lineman getting serious D1 looks and invites already from programs like Vandy & Duke. Playing DII going forward should only enhance the looks FC players will get.

Of course as a RB or skill player the Rutherford & Sumner county schools seem to be putting out the most big time D1 talent yr after yr.

My point was its hard to get noticed out of Smith County. I wasn't suggesting he transfer. Just if he were to do that, it should be a step up from where he's at.

I know you're moving to DII. Which class are y'all going to be in?

My point was its hard to get noticed out of Smith County. I wasn't suggesting he transfer. Just if he were to do that, it should be a step up from where he's at.

I know you're moving to DII. Which class are y'all going to be in?

If you are good enough...you will get noticed anywhere. I can give numerous examples if you wish.

• Upvote 1