Examiner.com Class 1A Spring Top 10

CoachT

It's amazing to me that Gordonsville is #1,if SP had converted the two point try they'd have trouble making the list.There's something about being champs until being beaten that I agree with,but not when you replace 20 of 22 starters,no disrespect to Gordy,but they are not the favorites.Coalfield or SP from the east,Dresden,Humboldt,UC,or maybe West Carroll or even Gleason from the west.Coalfield or South Pittsburg over the Dresden/Humboldt winner in Cookville.

on point. I like your train of thought cuz I'm right there with youn on just about everything. I think my boys (West Carroll) will have something to say about who comes out of the west ..bold throwing Gleason in there

Humboldt will be maybe the most talented team. They are always loaded with talent. However, the team never seems to gel and reach their potential. If Dan Bland had trouble accomplishing this, Jr. Reid probably will too. However, if I am wrong.... they will make alot of noise in 1A!!!!

Coach Reed has coached all these kids in middle school & won sectional championship & with his wide open offensive style it will only make the Vikings better with their speed! Not to mention a core of the team returns with 2300 yard rusher McLiilly who got injuried & didn't play in state playoff game last year so looking for Vikings to have a good season if they stay healthy!!

on point. I like your train of thought cuz I'm right there with youn on just about everything. I think my boys (West Carroll) will have something to say about who comes out of the west ..bold throwing Gleason in there

I think that Gleason is at the point where they either take the next step and are one of the top's in the west,or take a step back.The Bulldogs didn't get much press last season,but were tough(especially line play).If they improve...they'll be a tough out.

I think you are corerect. Gleason's main problem is they don't realize just how good they could be. Heard they lost their QB to injury but he could be back mid-season and one of their speedsters transfered to the school where his brother goes. They will still have plenty of speed and some pretty large linemen though and I think they could be very tough. Depth is a big problem but, really all 1A schools have that issue.

• 1 month later...

Not sure coalfield will have enough depth to win it.......besides it will always goes through South Pitt in the east.

We have enough problems in SP to get caught up in that trap. Besides, the past 2 years, our schedule has had us playing on the road 5 out of 7 games including a semi-final game in 2011. The thing is, Coalfield has some very good players coming back including one of the best linemen in the state in any classification.