Examiner.com Class 1A Spring Top 10

CoachT

At least four teams in East as good as best West team.

Your probably correct but only one team from the east will be there. Until the west starts getting some wins I cant argue with you. Kind of like the east teams in basketball. They really should take the last four teams standing and play east vs west to see who goes to Cookville.

I'm going to disagree with there being four 1A teams in East TN better than the best 1A school in West TN. I think Humboldt is the most talented 1A team in the state that lacks discipline and coaching. I think Dresden is one the best coached 1A teams that just lacks size and speed. I think the best 1A teams in East TN are Gville (who has lost a ton of players that will hurt them this year), SouthPitt (great every year but now have a coaching issue), and Coalfield (returning a ton of players and got close to being the team to beat last year). There are 2 middle TN teams you better keep your eyes on: Moore Co. and Nashville Christian. Both are returning a ton of starters and Moore Co. has been there and done that in the playoffs many times. I know if the top 4 teams in East TN were to play Dresden or Humboldt in weeks 1-4, I'm willing to bet Dresden would do no worse than split with them and Humboldt would win atleast one of the 4 games if not also split. It is going to be interesting in 1A. 2A for us will be interesting as well.

I'm going to disagree with there being four 1A teams in East TN better than the best 1A school in West TN. I think Humboldt is the most talented 1A team in the state that lacks discipline and coaching. I think Dresden is one the best coached 1A teams that just lacks size and speed. I think the best 1A teams in East TN are Gville (who has lost a ton of players that will hurt them this year), SouthPitt (great every year but now have a coaching issue), and Coalfield (returning a ton of players and got close to being the team to beat last year). There are 2 middle TN teams you better keep your eyes on: Moore Co. and Nashville Christian. Both are returning a ton of starters and Moore Co. has been there and done that in the playoffs many times. I know if the top 4 teams in East TN were to play Dresden or Humboldt in weeks 1-4, I'm willing to bet Dresden would do no worse than split with them and Humboldt would win atleast one of the 4 games if not also split. It is going to be interesting in 1A. 2A for us will be interesting as well.

If you scroll back you will see I was referring to 2A

I'm just glad we are talking football again. It's been really boring the last couple months. I don't know anything outside of the west. I still think Dresden or Humboldt in 1A from the west and Huntingdon or Adamsville in 2A. Like 1970 said it should be interesting.

Coalfield should be favored but the Pirates are looking forward to fighting it out. Good luck see y'all in the playoffa

Legit, what kind of mess is this? Grider just got us a coach today and our boys have not been lifting weights and getting real strong or even had spring training and you are talking about playoffs. You are full of mess. Those Coalfield boys have a real big boy that is going to play in the SEC next year. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Legit, what kind of mess is this? Grider just got us a coach today and our boys have not been lifting weights and getting real strong or even had spring training and you are talking about playoffs. You are full of mess. Those Coalfield boys have a real big boy that is going to play in the SEC next year. You think im joking but im not.

roy he wont play next year he is just a sophmore this year

The last time SP played Coalfield, Grider stole their dog and made them real mad.

Adamsville, ...do they have the chance to be among the best in the west?

IMO, yes they have a very good shot of being the team to beat in 2A, in the west. I know their QB and stud RB are back plus I'm pretty sure the huge O line will still be huge. Should be interesting if Huntingdon and Adamsville meet in the playoffs. TCA also has a shot and I figure, Memphis teams could be in the mix.