Examiner.com Class 1A Spring Top 10

CoachT

Kaz is gonna make it easy on you boys. The majority of you are probably strapping it up to hear the Ricky Bobby phrase "first loser". Gordy ain't going to repeat cause they lost 20 starters...are you kidding me, I don't know a single small school that can replace that kind of attrition. S. Pitt will adjust to the new coach over time, but I'd be surprised if the new feller can get it done right out of the gate. (plus them three kids they lost were dandy players and hard to replace) Coaltown has the makings of a real strong contender and I would love to run behind that line of theirs. I'd just tie a rope around Steward's waist and follow him into the endzone. I think Bible has figured that out. Out West, they are mostly playing to see who gets to be the punching pag in Cookville. With any justice they would ship S. Pitt out West and we could enjoy a real good Championship Game. Mark my words.....everyone should fear Coalfield, if they don't suffer any devestating injuries, no one will have a stronger team.

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb:

Kazzy, would have to disagree with you on the west being the punching bag. Huntingdon was far from 1 last year to gordy, 2 point conversion from being champ. Wayne Co. was not So. Pitt's Punching bag think it kinda went the other way and UC got it done in 2009 so it is 2 and 2 last 4 years.

Yeah, I'm a little harsh.....anyone that makes the title game certainly has a chance to win it. My point is that Coalfield has a tremendous team returning and that Stewart Kid is the real deal up front. If they get in a third and short them big old uglys up front are going to give Bible two yards for sure. All five of them have excellent size so they can go left or right.....no chance to overload your defense to one side. If Coalfield doesn't lose anyone to injury, they should clearly be considered the hands on favorite. I also agree with a previous observation that their depth isn't as great as some teams, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better line than theirs in Class A. The other problem with beating them is they have an effective passing game too. The team that beats them this coming season will have to match scores with them for four quarters because they have the tools to grind out long time consuming drives that wear defenses out. I expect them to send a lot of teams (probably mine too) to the woodshed if they don't score touchdowns against them. 3 points a pop ain't going to be enough against them IMO.

:thumb: Kazzor :thumb: