Watertown JC hosing!

back_4_more

Diesal 28 you could not been at game or you do not know how many people it take to make 200 the place was pack and people standing on end line from door to door when you come in gym it will be bad Thur. also it just a long drive for 7 A fans this year that parl of basketball life goes on

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a bad call and had it been turned around a Watertown fan would have said the same thing. We were trying to foul. We fouled him 3 or 4 times before the intentional foul was called. It's like he waited until we did something drastic an then called it intentional. Then with 3 seconds to go in the game we foul again but no call and time ran out. This is why a team should not be allowed to host a game of this magnatude. The one ref was biased and it showed. He represented well. Watertown played hard they are a good team with a very good coach and I hope they go on to win it all. JC had their chances we had the ball down one with 25 seconds to go and turn it over so some of the blame falls on us but the one ref clearly decided the outcome and thats what hurts.

Between that game and the previous one, that ref should never call a tournament game ever again. Clay County was cheated just as bad as Jackson County. If there were fair referees, it would be Clay County vs. Jackson County for the Region 4A Championship.

Between that game and the previous one, that ref should never call a tournament game ever again. Clay County was cheated just as bad as Jackson County. If there were fair referees, it would be Clay County vs. Jackson County for the Region 4A Championship.

wow.........25 yrs of taking butt kickings from clay &jackson etc and h20 finally gets a chance to win the region and its the refs cheated . H20 was up 12 with 6 min to go and the refs called a picky foul on #23 for h20 his 4th he had to sit then jc started to make a run and h20 finally had to put him back in so with your theory in your post I am going to sound like you and say that foul on 23 was why jc got back in the game......how does that sound? Not very smart does it..... there kids its a game but jc and clay remarks is crazy. Edited by diesel28

really guys and gals it is just single a...correct me if i am wrong but didn't "h2o" as you call them lose to a 2a school by 50 in their own gym? what was jc record coming in? come on give this school and its unknown coach some props. in another year 7a will be back on top of the regional mountain again. take your lumps and grin...

Just how did Clay get cheated? That was one of the more fair games I've seen called in a long time by either side. We had some crap calls that we didn't get called just like i'm sure you guys did. Clay got cheated by scoring 2 points in a quarter! not by the refs. Clay has a good team but the shots weren't there. Thats what happens when you are a jump shooting team. If the shots aren't falling chances are your not going to win the game. I've seen clarkrange play this way for many years. they are a jump shooting team but they play great defense on top of that. Some games they come out flat and cant throw one in the ocean and some games they come and can hit everything like gordonsville game. Thats ridiculous to think Clay got cheated. I dont know what happened with Jcounty and watertown by that time i might have been back to the interstate fighting that god awful traffic coming in and out of that small parking lot. I tell ya Clay in no way got cheated. Refs dont decide the games. Kids on the floor are the ones playing!

Watertown's boys have been ranked in the state most of the year. With only 5 teams in their district, yes they were 100% going , should have been addressed before the year. Now tonight JC has to drive an hour and Clarkrange like two hours to play each other again . Just don't make sense.

Thanks Bob. Continued success to JC. Looking forward to hearing about the UC / JC matchup.

No different down this way. The two schools from Jackson had come to Memphis this year and all the teams from Memphis had to drive to Jackson last year for our regionals. It was great (sarcastic) when the boys played on one night and the girls played on another. And school the next day for the players.

Players will adapt and play. Every court is the same dimensions. I believe it is the fans that have a problem with the gym location and express this to the players and then the players develop the problem.

If people are waiting on fair in sports or fair from TSSAA, don't hold your breath.

I agree on Smith County being a good location. Not because of home court advantages but because of seating.

I will also say that Sequatchie County is also way too small to host a tourney as well, IMO.

When the Upperman folks left there was plenty of seating. A solution might have been to have the games 30 minutes apart instead of 15.