Double AA substate games

swipper

Here are my picks. B)

Elizabethton. (Any one else notice that Grainger got destroyed by them tonight?)

CAK (going on a gut feeling here)

McMinn Central (will be a very close game. Cannon will not be able to handle the round house)

Livingston Academy (will be a 20+ point game)

Creek Wood ( just a guess)

CPA ( just a guess)

Covington (won't be a close game)

Westview (know that they are always a tough team. Put my Chargerettes out at state a few years back)

Grainger got "destroyed". Give me a break. They got beat by 15. At least 8 of those 15 points came from intentional fouls at the end of the game and had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Elizabethton's abilities. I guess all the rest of you who didn't make it to #1 in the state have to do something to make yourself feel like you are our equals. Enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling it gives you. Maybe after you get your hats handed to you tomorrow night you can just live on those fuzzy feelings until next season. Maybe you can be us at some point in your hardwood career.

Grainger played Elizabethton AT Elizabethton. That could have had an impact on the outcome. Could be an indicator of whether or not Grainger is ready to make the next step or not. My feeling is that it's an indictment of the postseason for hoops in general. Time to start having neutral sites for all the tournaments. Been that way for years. Goes back to all those years Hal Henard was the site for many tournaments that South Greene won. It's basically there home away from home. Rotation between districts is fine for the region, but playing at Milligan, the Mini Dome or somewhere else acceptable is preferred.

Right on Kev! I'm not going to get into the "home court advantages" over the years for everyone. But, playing at a neutral site would sure level the playing floor all the way around. More parking, larger facilities, and neutral mojo for both teams. I will say that Hal Henard and that cracker box down the hill were jokes...still are. It's time to take both of them out of the mix.

Grainger got "destroyed". Give me a break. They got beat by 15. At least 8 of those 15 points came from intentional fouls at the end of the game and had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Elizabethton's abilities. I guess all the rest of you who didn't make it to #1 in the state have to do something to make yourself feel like you are our equals. Enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling it gives you. Maybe after you get your hats handed to you tomorrow night you can just live on those fuzzy feelings until next season. Maybe you can be us at some point in your hardwood career.

:lol: #1 and can't win your region championship. Good for you... Edited by Cody

Dang it! Why don't the rest of those inferior teams in AA step aside and give Grainger the state championship it has already earned? LOL I'm sure Grainger has a very good team and a great group of young ladies playing on that team, but an undefeated regular season earns you nothing but, 'an undefeated regular season'. Your team may walk away with the gold ball, but until they do, there are fifteen more teams that are your "equals". As an added note: I don't remember that any team from District 8 has been rated #1 this season and will probably not win a gold ball this year, but put that team in this district and see how many #1, undefeated seasons you have. Edited by rabbitranch

Dang it! Why don't the rest of those inferior teams in AA step aside and give Grainger the state championship it has already earned? LOL I'm sure Grainger has a very good team and a great group of young ladies playing on that team, but an undefeated regular season earns you nothing but, 'an undefeated regular season'. Your team may walk away with the gold ball, but until they do, there are fifteen more teams that are your "equals". As an added note: I don't remember that any team from District 8 has been rated #1 this season and will probably not win a gold ball this year, but put that team in this district and see how many #1, undefeated seasons you have.

^^^TRUTH^^^ And I hate/respect every team in 8AA ;) Go Chargerettes!

True, and guess what, Macon Co is coming back to 8AA next year. Wow! What a district. Think if Jackson Co was still in it, like they used to be.

We would have a lot of different teams in the state tourny bc all but two would be elimanated before the state. As of now there are four teams that are playing in there respective classes that used to be 8-AA. JC now 7-A Macon Co. AA and will be 8-AA again next year and LA and CC who are both 8-AA this season. This area rocks girls basketball. Also have to give a shout out to the lady chargeretts from McMinn Central who we usually have to face yearly in the sub state game

Hey BEARCLAW, several years ago, my team went 33-0 during the regular season, district and region tournaments, and sub-state....then we got to Murfreesboro and bounced in the first round by Livingston Academy. I thought my team was the best in the state that year too.....

I remember that, it was the year we were going for the "5 peat". We beat all 3 state champs that year Clarkrange (by 40). Livingston ( at their place) and Shelbyville (ranked number one in the nation). Livingston beat us in the Region finals, we had to travel TO McMinn Central for substate. Over. LA goes on to win it all, beating a very good GC in the first round.

I remember that, it was the year we were going for the "5 peat". We beat all 3 state champs that year Clarkrange (by 40). Livingston ( at their place) and Shelbyville (ranked number one in the nation). Livingston beat us in the Region finals, we had to travel TO McMinn Central for substate. Over. LA goes on to win it all, beating a very good GC in the first round.

That team was Coach Russell's only undefeated team he had ever had in his years at Gonson and Bradford. We were still a great team that year, just got beat by a better LA team.

That team was Coach Russell's only undefeated team he had ever had in his years at Gonson and Bradford. We were still a great team that year, just got beat by a better LA team.

True. That was my sophomore year at McMinn Central. We hopped out to a 10-0 lead against Livingston to start the championship game. Heartbreaking loss to a great team. I respect the heck out of Livingston and love their tradition, but I haven't 'liked' LA since that game. ;)

Edited by Cody