McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

Central still has a substate party to crash at Livingston Monday and a 2nd straight Miss Basketball for Elizabeth Masengil to win Saturday.

There will be no party crashing on Monday at LA. We are celebrating our girls going back to the state tonight and will be doing the same this time Monday for the boys. All joking and bantering aside I expect a really good game on Monday and I hope and pray it dosen't end the way your game did tonight. I have the upmost respect for your team, coach, and fans. Thats heartbreaking to see. I would not have wanted to have had to make that call. As to the fans there tonight I could see them being upset, I know i would have been boiling if i was a chargers fan. But to call the cannon co fans out only as the other poster did dosent sound fair as Im sure both sides were into it over that call.Its a shame such a great game and atmosphere had to be ruined by the ending Safe travels, here and home Monday, I'm sure you'll understand if I don't wish you luck lol. but if we should get beat may you win it all. Hope Masengil win the Miss Basketball

Edited by LA_Wildcats

There will be no party crashing on Monday at LA. We are celebrating our girls going back to the state tonight and will be doing the same this time Monday for the boys. All joking and bantering aside I expect a really good game on Monday and I hope and pray it dosen't end the way your game did tonight. I have the upmost respect for your team, coach, and fans. Thats heartbreaking to see. I would not have wanted to have had to make that call. Safe travels, here and home, I'm sure you'll understand if I don't wish you luck lol. but if we should get beat may you win it all. Hope Masengil win the Miss Basketball

I was discussing with someone tonight and we were wondering when Miss Basketball is actually voted on for the ladies. Is it after regular season, districts, regions, or substate? I imagine that Abby Sissom's stock improved a lot if the votes are cast after substate. After talking to several people attending the Central/Cannon girls game tonight, they said Abby rained several treys.

How can he watch the clock and watch the girl at the same time? People like to blame refs when their team loses and they expect the refs to be able to watch things develop in real time with deafening noise and get it pristine perfect to tenths of a second. It was their judgement on what they saw and it appeared two different refs had their hands up in the air,

Good points. I couldn't tell watching it in real time and had to watch it frame by frame and it may be 0.1 seconds late but no human can call it that close with 100% confidence. Someone mentioned the girl who made the shot knew it was late. I'm pretty sure she wasn't looking at the clock when the ball left her hand.

There will be no party crashing on Monday at LA. We are celebrating our girls going back to the state tonight and will be doing the same this time Monday for the boys. All joking and bantering aside I expect a really good game on Monday and I hope and pray it dosen't end the way your game did tonight. I have the upmost respect for your team, coach, and fans. Thats heartbreaking to see. I would not have wanted to have had to make that call. As to the fans there tonight I could see them being upset, I know i would have been boiling if i was a chargers fan. But to call the cannon co fans out only as the other poster did dosent sound fair as Im sure both sides were into it over that call.Its a shame such a great game and atmosphere had to be ruined by the ending Safe travels, here and home Monday, I'm sure you'll understand if I don't wish you luck lol. but if we should get beat may you win it all. Hope Masengil win the Miss Basketball

Not a problem! I wish you no luck either! ;) I've only been to Livingston once for tourney time but the the experience is much like the RoundHouse. I believe you guys have a Mr. Basketball candidate right? Good luck to him for the award.

I was discussing with someone tonight and we were wondering when Miss Basketball is actually voted on for the ladies. Is it after regular season, districts, regions, or substate? I imagine that Abby Sissom's stock improved a lot if the votes are cast after substate. After talking to several people attending the Central/Cannon girls game tonight, they said Abby rained several treys.

blitzinbuc, I believe it is supposed to stop after regular season. To keep it fair for those whose teams go further. Jenna Adams was up for it the year we won state and lost it. Elizabeth won it last year after we lost in first round. Not saying that's the reason either girl won/lost it. And Abby did. She is a tremendous player. Had heard all about her and myself and another fan whom I sit with tried to guess who she was tonight. We both picked the most athletic 'looking' girl on Cannon's side and were dead wrong. She's deceptively 'normal' looking and that's no insult whatsoever. I hope that makes sense. If she wins Miss Basketball, she most definitely deserves it.

Cody what year did you graduate from Central? I graduated LA in '06. I can remember several great games between these two schools. The round house is amazing and ive never seen anything like it in high school basketball anywhere else. I hope you enjoy your visit to LA on Monday win or lose. It's kind of odd thinking of playing central in a boys game it always seams to be the girls that play. And it seams like a chess match between Coach Morgan and Coach Riddle every time. Its going to be a very loud and packed gym Monday I'd recommend getting there by 6:30 at the latest as we were almost full tonight on the home side by then and had some fans on the visitors side. EH didn't bring a whole lot of fans, Will MC travel well?

Cody what year did you graduate from Central? I graduated LA in '06. I can remember several great games between these two schools. The round house is amazing and ive never seen anything like it in high school basketball anywhere else. I hope you enjoy your visit to LA on Monday win or lose. It's kind of odd thinking of playing central in a boys game it always seams to be the girls that play. And it seams like a chess match between Coach Morgan and Coach Riddle every time. Its going to be a very loud and packed gym Monday I'd recommend getting there by 6:30 at the latest as we were almost full tonight on the home side by then and had some fans on the visitors side. EH didn't bring a whole lot of fans, Will MC travel well?

haha I graduated in 06 as well! I'd imagine we've done our fair share of yelling at each other without knowing it! I graduated from Tennessee Tech in 2011. Had several friends from Livingston. As hard as it was for a Central guy, I found I didn't 'hate' every person from Livingston haha. I teach at Central now. You can bet MC will send their fair share. We often outnumber home crowds. Won't be the case with LA. Sadly, EH just doesn't have a large fan base. Just parents, that's it. I imagine it's that they are such a young school. No time yet to build a tradition and history of fans with less than 5 years of existence. Last year in Region, we outnumbered them 5 to 1 at least. Ben worse at their home court this year. Let me know where you sit and we can chat when I get there. Don't expect me to smile when I hear 'hogeye' though! Take care!

haha I graduated in 06 as well! I'd imagine we've done our fair share of yelling at each other without knowing it! I graduated from Tennessee Tech in 2011. Had several friends from Livingston. As hard as it was for a Central guy, I found I didn't 'hate' every person from Livingston haha. I teach at Central now. You can bet MC will send their fair share. We often outnumber home crowds. Won't be the case with LA. Sadly, EH just doesn't have a large fan base. Just parents, that's it. I imagine it's that they are such a young school. No time yet to build a tradition and history of fans with less than 5 years of existence. Last year in Region, we outnumbered them 5 to 1 at least. Ben worse at their home court this year. Let me know where you sit and we can chat when I get there. Don't expect me to smile when I hear 'hogeye' though! Take care!

To make it to a sub state game in less than five years of existence is pretty good. I'd say in a few years they will be well known like the rest of us as a contender. They played with a lot of heart tonight, and gave us fans a little scare they just wouldn't go away lol. They had a ok amount of fans esp with the weather the way it is. We will have a full house monday i'm sure. I don't have a set place I sit but i'm usually almost at the top in the first section of the floor length bleachers(not the student section that goes by the goal lol). when you walk into the gym from the main doors. I'll have on a blue shirt that says "It's Tradition". And I though everyone smiled when they heard HOGEYE? :mrgreen: I was horse after the game tonight I yelled so much. I hope we have good officials for this one the ones we had tonight shouldn't have been able to call a church league game let alone a high school substate game. My girl friend refuses to go to games with me bc I yell lol.

Completely unbiased opinion from an official from as far east as TN goes. Looking at it slowed down, it is easy to see that the shot was NOT off in time.

In response to the poster who asked how a ref could see the clock and the ball leave the hand: the trail official's job in this situation is to posistion himself where he can see the the clock AND the shooter. That's his job, kinda like an U2 on a baseball field has to posistion himself to see the catch in the outfield and a runner tag up at 2nd.

This trail official wasn't in postition to make that call. BUT, even if he was, that's a heck of a tough call, I can see it going either way. Like I said, in slow motion, it is quite obvious that the ball comes out about a quarter of a second too late. But in real time, even in the right posisition, that's a heckuva tough call. I'd sure hate to have to make that call, personally... just my .02 cents worth.

Good luck to Cannon County and congrats to McMinn on a heck of a season.

I agree that Cannon will have trouble with Central's inside game. Cannon often lives and dies by the 3 pointer and if the treys fall they will be happy to trade 2 points for 3. If the treys don't drop then Cannon will not win this game.

Cannon hit 10 treys and McMinn hit 2. McMinn was only 10 of 24 from the free throw line.