McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

They shot was a late by a tenth of a second refs blew that one, but go back an watch the rest of the third an fourth quarter an see how many calls we're missed that went against Cannon. If it wasn't for missed calls during the third and fourth McMinn would not of been in the game anyway.

They shot was a late by a tenth of a second refs blew that one, but go back an watch the rest of the third an fourth quarter an see how many calls we're missed that went against Cannon. If it wasn't for missed calls during the third and fourth McMinn would not of been in the game anyway.

Its funny how the MC faithful haven't brought up those calls. I guess since those calls all went for MC then no one has an issue with them. Let's break them down to the millisecond and see how many of those calls were blown.

Bottom line if MC can make a free throw then this thread doesn't exist. Anyone that knows the game will tell you the same thing.

My comment on the game Sat. night is not about the shot or free throws or how the refs called it. My comment is about before anything started we bowed our heads and was led in prayer by a student. You do not see this happen much any more and it is a tragedy. I hope we meet MC again soon because when we meet it means we are both playing for something special.

My comment on the game Sat. night is not about the shot or free throws or how the refs called it. My comment is about before anything started we bowed our heads and was led in prayer by a student. You do not see this happen much any more and it is a tragedy. I hope we meet MC again soon because when we meet it means we are both playing for something special.

Totally agree with your comments. And I am sure we will meet again soon. No one can take away the fact that both of these teams played their hearts out and it's a shame there had to be a loser in this one. Good luck the rest of the way.

Its funny how the MC faithful haven't brought up those calls. I guess since those calls all went for MC then no one has an issue with them. Let's break them down to the millisecond and see how many of those calls were blown.

Bottom line if MC can make a free throw then this thread doesn't exist. Anyone that knows the game will tell you the same thing.

All the whining and moaning by Central fans about a referee conspiracy doesn't hold water since Central got to shoot twice as many free throws than Cannon did. Central was in the double bonus in the 4th quarter yet Cannon wasn't even in the bonus! Central blew the advantages given to them with free throws, and 'Miss Basketball' stood there like a statue 15 feet away as Jakes jacked up the NBA three pointer.

Edited by Carbo

Is a referee supposed to have independent eyes like a chameleon where he can focus one on the girl's hands and the other on the clock?

The game doesn't end until the buzzer sounds. Altough the clock showed 0.0 there is a tenth of a second from 0.09 to 0.00. The referee would be watching the shooter and listening for the buzzer. The play is so close and probably .01-.05 off and the official did the best he could. In his judgement, she got it off before the buzzer, case closed. I have watched the video 25 times trying to hear the buzzer and can't so we don't know 100% if he is right or not.

By reading this thread, I am starting to realize that this loss could not have happened to a better group of fans.

Haha they completely disappeared off the boys forum. Nothing but crickets and annoying Howard fans telling the DC fans to leave the LA fans alone and let us celebrate our win. Who are we going to talk to if the DC fans leave? MC is suddenly MIA after LA showed them how to play.Cant handle 8-AA stay home. Oh wait your already there. This group of fans is not the same as Central fans of years past. The old group showed sportsmanship, and pride in their team and if they took a beating or a heart breaker they said congrads and moved on, not have a 18 page thread complaining about it. Also on the boys game free throws are what kept MC in the game. LA missed over half theirs while MC knocked down most of theirs. Then they get mad and smash a chair all over our floor. Be glad the refs supposedly didn't see that or there would have been some more technical fouls and a coach threw out.And them the student section wanted to try and pick a fight with our student section after the game and yelling at our fans sitting in the bleaches all during the game about something. Central needs to GROW UP and get there class back like they used to have before they lose all respect from everyone in the state. I used to like and respect yall and enjoyed the atmosphere of playing Central but as for right now thats gone. I hope things change down there and wish Cannon the best of luck till we meet them in the final

Edited by LA_Wildcats