McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

That is the key fact that all have forgot to mention, they can complain about the shot all they want, if she hits both free throws it goes to ot at worst so that is the main point

You're exactly right, BUT as bad as Central played at times, they still won in regulation. The message at church this morning was entitled, "Time Marches On." How fitting for some of Central's players to hear this morning. Everything gets better. Good luck to all the teams in state. I'm pulling for Cannon.

You left off JayCee Coe from Jackson County.

Sorry I didnt know she was nominated this year. I hadn't heard about it or I would have included her as well. Good luck to her and JC in the tourny.

This area is rich in basketball talent. Underrated in my opinion.

This area is not underrated. We are well known across the state and I can promise you no one is wanting to see LA, CC, or JC or Crange pop up as who they have to play first in the state

Cannon hit 10 treys and McMinn hit 2. McMinn was only 10 of 24 from the free throw line.

Kudos to the game plan of Cannon County. I thought their guards 24 and 5 played really well and not allowing the Central pressure to dominate. With Cannon beating the pressure, they really passed the ball extremely well in the front court against Central's man to man. Not many teams handle the defensive pressure that Central applies. Cannon challenged Central to shoot the three when they went to that collasping zone that clogged the lane up and did not give Massengil room to operate. The Chargerettes would normally have shot a few three pointers and gotten Cannon out of the sagging zone, but it was an off night from the arc.A few of other observations and points about a great game.

1. Cannon County loses number 20 about 3 minutes into the game and she does not play the rest of the first half. CC still leads at half time.

2. When CC built the big lead, Central seem to get "out-rebounded" despite a size advantage.

3. The efforts by Cindi Williams and Kelsey Young to rally Central was very impressive. Both played great on both ends of the floor to get Central the lead.

4. Officials were letting them play. The play was physical from start to finish. Hard screens, block-outs, post play and hand checking were all part of the action. Depending on your POV, they missed some calls both ways. Tough call at the end, that is made in real time.

5. Great game. Two great teams and coaching staffs. That is why people start showing up 2 hours before game time. The

Central Community supports thier team and the kids. Disappointment is part of the high school athletic experience but anyone that has participated would not trade the experience.

I'm still waiting to see a video from the time the ball was inbounded. Not saying it happened, but, could the clock have started before the ball was touched? Time left, after the free throw was made, has been stated as 6.2 seconds. That's plenty of time to catch the ball, quickly make a few dribbles and a pass, then get the shot off. Let's see that part of the video, ( not that it will make any difference) but us folks with no dog in the hunt could then, see for ourselves!

I posted this in another thread as well, but every news article I see says 6.2 seconds before the inbound. I watched the video multiple times and paused, and even used the stop watch in my iphone and they both came to the same conclusion. From the time Sissom touched the ball to the time the ball is already through the net 4 seconds passed. That is after it was made. Where are the other two seconds?

I posted this in another thread as well, but every news article I see says 6.2 seconds before the inbound. I watched the video multiple times and paused, and even used the stop watch in my iphone and they both came to the same conclusion. From the time Sissom touched the ball to the time the ball is already through the net 4 seconds passed. That is after it was made. Where are the other two seconds?

On the grassy knoll.

Lol. I mean I understand the video starts with her having the ball at the base line but you can't tell me she stood there for two seconds knowing there was barely any time.

Really need about 5 seconds added to the front end of the video to be able to tell. Legitimate question though. It was a quick 6 seconds.