McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

Still would like to see the entire last 6.2 seconds. I think (not 100% sure) Cannon called timeout with 6.2 seconds left after Central made 1 of 2 from the free throw line (missed first, made second) and set the play up. If you're gonna analyze the heck out of this thing we may as well see the whole play and start the timer when the ball first touches a Cannon player's hand.

Edited by woodvegas

6.2 seconds on inbound, clock started when ball hit the players hand, she was trapped in backcourt until 2.7 seconds left, broke free and made the pass up court to Jakes, she gathers to shoot with 0.0 on clock and shoots after the buzzer. It is what it is, Cannon is in, Central is out, but to say Central was "shady" with the clock is wrong. It took 7 seconds to get the ball up the court for the final shot because of the initial trap.

Does it say anything about McMinn Central missing 14 foul shots? That tells me everything I need to know. No video break down necessary no shoulda coulda woulda or breaking down each millisecond of the clock. That is where this game was lost. End of discussion.

Does it say anything about McMinn Central missing 14 foul shots? That tells me everything I need to know. No video break down necessary no shoulda coulda woulda or breaking down each millisecond of the clock. That is where this game was lost. End of discussion.

Agree 100%.

Hey I am wondering if anyone saw on Channel 5 news, that New York HS boys team make a shot with 2.9 left on the clock to win the game. This happens more than you know. Mostly when the other team thinks they have won, and they let their guard down. McMinn was betting that Sissom was going to shoot and your video shows that Masingale didnt guard Jakes. Therefore wide open 3 was in air as the buzzer is sounding. You can't hear that on the video but it was heard by official that counted it. Awsome play by Sissom and Jakes. Just proves the right team is playing in the glasshouse on Thursday. Good Luck Lionettes

Hey I am wondering if anyone saw on Channel 5 news, that New York HS boys team make a shot with 2.9 left on the clock to win the game. This happens more than you know. Mostly when the other team thinks they have won, and they let their guard down. McMinn was betting that Sissom was going to shoot and your video shows that Masingale didnt guard Jakes. Therefore wide open 3 was in air as the buzzer is sounding. You can't hear that on the video but it was heard by official that counted it. Awsome play by Sissom and Jakes. Just proves the right team is playing in the glasshouse on Thursday. Good Luck Lionettes

Bottom line is CC is going to the "Boro" and MC is not. And i congratulate them. But unless you are the official that made the call how can you say what he heard or what he didn't. The gym was extremely loud and I would bet most people, including the official you mention, never heard the final buzzer. However lets just admit to the fact that the trailing official should have easily been able to see the ball in Jakes hands and the clock at 0.0 and that's where the true mistake was made. There was no one near the shooter so there was no chance of her being fouled on the shot so these 3 officials didn't have a whole lot to do at that particular moment. Central had their chances and have no one to blame but don't say this just proves the right team is playing in the glass house. Put CC in the same position and see how they would have reacted. It would have been no different.

Bottom line is CC is going to the "Boro" and MC is not. And i congratulate them. But unless you are the official that made the call how can you say what he heard or what he didn't. The gym was extremely loud and I would bet most people, including the official you mention, never heard the final buzzer. However lets just admit to the fact that the trailing official should have easily been able to see the ball in Jakes hands and the clock at 0.0 and that's where the true mistake was made. There was no one near the shooter so there was no chance of her being fouled on the shot so these 3 officials didn't have a whole lot to do at that particular moment. Central had their chances and have no one to blame but don't say this just proves the right team is playing in the glass house. Put CC in the same position and see how they would have reacted. It would have been no different.

Is a referee supposed to have independent eyes like a chameleon where he can focus one on the girl's hands and the other on the clock?

6.2 seconds on inbound, clock started when ball hit the players hand, she was trapped in backcourt until 2.7 seconds left, broke free and made the pass up court to Jakes, she gathers to shoot with 0.0 on clock and shoots after the buzzer. It is what it is, Cannon is in, Central is out, but to say Central was "shady" with the clock is wrong. It took 7 seconds to get the ball up the court for the final shot because of the initial trap.

The video I saw was 4 seconds long, so she could have only been trapped for 2.2 seconds. Total time elapsed from the moment Sissom touched the ball until it left Jakes fingertips was 6.2.1 seconds if you want to get technical. If "Miss Basketball" had played defense instead of standing there watching, Central would probably be in Murfreesboro instead of Cannon County.