McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

Haha they completely disappeared off the boys forum. Nothing but crickets and annoying Howard fans telling the DC fans to leave the LA fans alone and let us celebrate our win. Who are we going to talk to if the DC fans leave? MC is suddenly MIA after LA showed them how to play.Cant handle 8-AA stay home. Oh wait your already there. This group of fans is not the same as Central fans of years past. The old group showed sportsmanship, and pride in their team and if they took a beating or a heart breaker they said congrads and moved on, not have a 18 page thread complaining about it. Also on the boys game free throws are what kept MC in the game. LA missed over half theirs while MC knocked down most of theirs. Then they get mad and smash a chair all over our floor. Be glad the refs supposedly didn't see that or there would have been some more technical fouls and a coach threw out.And them the student section wanted to try and pick a fight with our student section after the game and yelling at our fans sitting in the bleaches all during the game about something. Central needs to GROW UP and get there class back like they used to have before they lose all respect from everyone in the state. I used to like and respect yall and enjoyed the atmosphere of playing Central but as for right now thats gone. I hope things change down there and wish Cannon the best of luck till we meet them in the final

You have no idea what it's like being around Central fans after they lose a game. It's ALWAYS the referees fault, never that they got outplayed and outcoached. One of the mothers of a Chargerette said they always have to play against 8 (meaning 5 girls and 3 refs) but the stats show the Chargerettes had a lot more free throws than their opponent! And now the blame game has rubbed off on the boys! Since both the girls and boys got beat these fans and parents are consumed in their whining and pouting, sending letters and pictures to tv stations, the TSSAA, and even to ESPN!!! It's a sad world they live in when their lives are controlled by what a bunch of teenagers do in sports. I just laugh at them and their misery.

Edited by Carbo

It's the sad truth. I've read over so many Central threads since this whining started and you're 100% correct. They go into every game with the mind set that if they lose it had to be the officials. Sad to see the boys are just as bad now. Their coach is setting a bad example rambling about free throw attempts to every local news outlet he can find down there. Hate to hear about them breaking things at LA. Sounds like the fan base and even a player now are headed down the wrong road. I'd like to know what the coach did to discipline the player? Let it go because he was so mad at the situation? That's not coaching if so.

Negative the team that won the game is playing in the 'Boro and thats Cannon County. You MC people are starting to remind me of some of the Clarkrange fans who whine and cry every time they lose a game. Bottom line is you got beat at your place by a better team. Now get over it and move on. :popcorneater:

The better team does not always win. Anyone can win on a given day under the right circumstances

Wow can't believe this topic is still going lol...and I also can't believe some of the comments I have seen...in most situations..when a team loses..the officiating is to blame. I don't care what school you are for. Central fans are the best in the world...and to talk about how bad we are...is just ignorant. Anyways...I congratulate Cannon County on a great season...and maybe next year we get to play them again. I listened to some of the game tonight...didn't sound like the Cannon I saw play at the roundhouse...or should I say Sissom. Anyways...can't wait till next year to watch some roundhouse basketball!

And by the way...best bet if LA or Cannon or any other team in the state would have lost a sub-state game like that...there would be a 20 page topic for them as we'll. If there's not...then your fans don't have a Coach T...or they don't care. It makes me so mad that countless people come on here and dog on Central fans for caring that their team got screwed. Anyways....like I said...can't wait till next season!

Edited by chargerfanforlife

And by the way...best bet if LA or Cannon or any other team in the state would have lost a sub-state game like that...there would be a 20 page topic for them as we'll. If there's not...then your fans don't have a Coach T...or they don't care. It makes me so mad that countless people come on here and dog on Central fans for caring that their team got screwed. Anyways....like I said...can't wait till next season!

Agreed! Its a very tough way to lose a game and heartbreaking for the kids and us moms and dads. I feel for the young lady's who played so hard and lost it at the end. Life us full of ups and downs. We just have to keep getting up and dust ourselves off and keep trying!

Like all Central fans, I made some comments on the " call ." I never took away anything From CC as they played a great game and played their hearts out. And I also realize that MC got some questionable calls as well. It's a shame either team had to lose. I will say this. After the loss, many of our MC fans were rooting against CC. I am one of the few who wish Cannon would have won it all. Nothing wrong with losing to a state champion. I would like to congratulate the CC girls on an outstanding season. I take nothing away from CAK, but if the same team shows up in the "Boro" that played in the roundhouse a week ago, the end result would have been much different. I would doubt that CC has ever scored only 8 points in a half and it was too hard to overcome. I will end by saying I hope we meet again soon and I'm sure we will. As fans and parents, we should just let the girls battle it out on the floor and enjoy watching it. And lastly, as adults, tip your hat to the other team no matter what the outcome.

Like all Central fans, I made some comments on the " call ." I never took away anything From CC as they played a great game and played their hearts out. And I also realize that MC got some questionable calls as well. It's a shame either team had to lose. I will say this. After the loss, many of our MC fans were rooting against CC. I am one of the few who wish Cannon would have won it all. Nothing wrong with losing to a state champion. I would like to congratulate the CC girls on an outstanding season. I take nothing away from CAK, but if the same team shows up in the "Boro" that played in the roundhouse a week ago, the end result would have been much different. I would doubt that CC has ever scored only 8 points in a half and it was too hard to overcome. I will end by saying I hope we meet again soon and I'm sure we will. As fans and parents, we should just let the girls battle it out on the floor and enjoy watching it. And lastly, as adults, tip your hat to the other team no matter what the outcome.

Good post!