This is a Soap Opera at Ridgeway WOW! SIT DOWN

Galilee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to reply to this is. I love you and I will pray for you

truth hurts you as well sir...face your inner racism...and i will pray for your people down there...bless your hearts you need it. i read where there is going to be a "protest"...what on earth do you honestly expect to happen...regardless of fault rules were broken and consequences must be faced...i feel sorry for the kids...yes they deserve better...the coach needs to be fired...today.

truth hurts you as well sir...face your inner racism...and i will pray for your people down there...bless your hearts you need it. i read where there is going to be a "protest"...what on earth do you honestly expect to happen...regardless of fault rules were broken and consequences must be faced...i feel sorry for the kids...yes they deserve better...the coach needs to be fired...today.

great post

great post

The truth does not bother me. Someone should be fired. Should it be the coach? Should it be the principle or AD? Or someone at the School district admin? And what of the players on the team? If they knew, don't be sad be mad at them. If the players did not know, then be sad for them. It is sad for the teams they beat that could not continue in the tournament.

You do realize that the man was a bench player and from what I have read and been able to research, he only played in one game and that was the last minute of the game. That one minute cost the Ridgeway their season. If the man never gets in a game, there is no forfeiture. If the coach knew that a scrub bench player was illegal, why would he risk playing him in a game?

The protest as just reported by the news is by the parents of students that an adult went to school and want investigation into alleged inappropriate contact with female students. That is all. Nothing to do with basketball what so ever.

Again, you and Fanatic have no idea what you are talking about in this situation. Let all the facts comes out before we pass judgement.

My inner racism? Sir or Ma'am, you do realize that I am white? And contrary to believe, not all white people that live in Memphis are racist. I don't have "my people" bunt I do appreciate your prayers though I believe you are not sincere. My only inner racism is for people that jump to their conclusion based on a part of the country or part of a state or part of a city a person lives. You and Fanatic have done since this situation became public.

The coach and school admin admitted they did not know until the day they were told and they self reported to TSSAA. When all the facts about who knew what when is provided and the coach is shown to have knowledge of this man at anytime before he said he did, then he should be fired and possibly charges should be filed for endangerment of minors for allowing this man to be around underage female students.

Topper, Fanatic, I love you and I will continue to pray for you.

I don't know the coach ....but it has been stated numerous times what a great coach he is and how he tries to "make a difference" and cares for the kids...my only comment would be..if he is that involved with the kids then he has to know something ..as a coach I know all my players girlfriends/parents/guardians/and any possible siblings...who picks them up from practice u takes them home from games...I am only going by what was previously posted about the coach...if he cares about his players like posts say he does then there is no way he didnt know something

At worst everyone involved knew at some point that an ineligable player was on the team,at best nobody had a clue...BUT someone was negligent in their duty to check before he was allowed to enter the game.The truth lies somewhere between those two extremes I'm sure.Rules are rules and they've definatly been broken,who's at fault is the buisness of Ridgeway and TSSAA,not mine.Ridgeway is out of the tournament...all the kids on the team have been punished guilty or not,as well as all the kids on the teams the Roadrunners eliminated.Now it's time for someone to be punished who had responsibilities to prevent this and failed in their duty.Nowhere else do kids transfer without losing eligibility like they do in Memphis,and it's time for that to stop as well,the TSSAA needs to enforce their rules which have been let go to the point that something like this could have easily been missed if not for someone involved "outing" the player for personal reasons.

Ok I have a question. What was Ridgeway supposed to have done? When I transfered high schools as a junior the only things I was required to show was a transcript and proof the person who was registering me was my guardian. This person did that. Who knew this would be a problem? Were they supposed to expect a grown man and his wife to defraud them in this manner? Its easy to say someone should have known after the fact. But the fact really is that if someone tried this at almost any school in any part of the state it would probably work for them too.

Ok I have a question. What was Ridgeway supposed to have done? When I transfered high schools as a junior the only things I was required to show was a transcript and proof the person who was registering me was my guardian. This person did that. Who knew this would be a problem? Were they supposed to expect a grown man and his wife to defraud them in this manner? Its easy to say someone should have known after the fact. But the fact really is that if someone tried this at almost any school in any part of the state it would probably work for them too.

Did you play sports? The TSSAA makes the rules,they say to transfer you must show proof of adress change...how many schools have been busted for not catching false paperwork for that...way easier to fake than a birth certificate but still got caught.To answer your question,Ridgeway(coach,principal,athletic director,director of schools)should have investigated his current address,and verified the paperwork from the school he supposedly transfered from...if not Ridgeway,who is responsible for verification?Childress and the TSSAA won't assist you in following the rules,they just bust you if you don't.

Did you play sports? The TSSAA makes the rules,they say to transfer you must show proof of adress change...how many schools have been busted for not catching false paperwork for that...way easier to fake than a birth certificate but still got caught.To answer your question,Ridgeway(coach,principal,athletic director,director of schools)should have investigated his current address,and verified the paperwork from the school he supposedly transfered from...if not Ridgeway,who is responsible for verification?Childress and the TSSAA won't assist you in following the rules,they just bust you if you don't.

I played football. Nobody investigated my current address. I told them what my address was. They said ok. And no I didn't go to school in Memphis. How many schools have been caught using transfers with bogus transcripts? I have never heard of it. So schools are supposed to expect someone with a seemingly legit transfer to somehow be defrauding them. And this guy was living with another Ridgeway player. I'm sure no one thought there was a reason to investigate his address since he lived at the same address as another student