This is a Soap Opera at Ridgeway WOW! SIT DOWN

Galilee

The coach isnt gonna get fired because he did nothing wrong. If he had known all along y would he wait until they were this deep in the playoffs to report it to tssaa. The coach and the school reported the incident to tssaa themselves once they found out something wasnt right, it only came to light because the student got in trouble at school that morning and it was some issues once they contacted the gaurdian. He and his fake gaurdian/aunt/gf/wife or whatever made up a whole story about how his biological mother died and she was his legal gaurdian now to transfer him to ridgeway from louisiana. They had false transcripts from a real louisiana HS. How can u know everything about a transfer from out of state who lied and had seemingly followed all the guidelines for the transfer? So please someone who believes that the coach and administration knew about it and is responsible for a bench warmer throwing their whole season down the drain please explain why the school would wait till his team was this deep in the post season to decide to turn the info over to the tssaa if they had known about it??? The only ones who should be punished here are the adult student and his fake gaurdian and u clowns who are so quick to crucify everyone at the school with out knowing the facts. Unfortunately the innocent players and coaches have to suffer a season wasted and im sure the loser will run back to louisiana and continue his loser life...

Exactly...Coach wins every year so why would he try to slide a 22 year old benchwarmer on the floor

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach isnt gonna get fired because he did nothing wrong. If he had known all along y would he wait until they were this deep in the playoffs to report it to tssaa. The coach and the school reported the incident to tssaa themselves once they found out something wasnt right, it only came to light because the student got in trouble at school that morning and it was some issues once they contacted the gaurdian. He and his fake gaurdian/aunt/gf/wife or whatever made up a whole story about how his biological mother died and she was his legal gaurdian now to transfer him to ridgeway from louisiana. They had false transcripts from a real louisiana HS. How can u know everything about a transfer from out of state who lied and had seemingly followed all the guidelines for the transfer? So please someone who believes that the coach and administration knew about it and is responsible for a bench warmer throwing their whole season down the drain please explain why the school would wait till his team was this deep in the post season to decide to turn the info over to the tssaa if they had known about it??? The only ones who should be punished here are the adult student and his fake gaurdian and u clowns who are so quick to crucify everyone at the school with out knowing the facts. Unfortunately the innocent players and coaches have to suffer a season wasted and im sure the loser will run back to louisiana and continue his loser life...

Ok, he falsifies documents, marries one of the players moms, has to be living in this ladies home as husband and wife, her son knows their married and he's probably older than he says, he doesn't tell coaches or administration, she was probably getting state financial support for her "guardianship",other players on the team probably knew and said nothing, AND WERE THE CLOWNS? C'mon Man! They should clean house there! That is deplorable! If this coach knew absolutely nothing, he is derelict in his duty as coach! C'mon man!

Everything that the adult student and his whatever did is not the schools or coaches fault if they had nothing to do with it and no knowledge of it. Ur saying the kids PROBABLY knew and said nothing like they were sticking up for their buddy and keeping his secret. He was an out of state transfer, the kids PROBABLY didnt know him or were friends with him prior to basketball season, so ubthink the kids shouldve did their own investigation on this mysterious transfer. Yes the guy and his whatever the girl is are definite scum clown losers. Those of u who are so quick to say the coach was cheating and wanna give the school the death penalty without knowing the facts are in fact clowns as well who only want the amusement of this bizarre story. All the things u mentioned that he did were to deceive the school, coach, and PROBABLY teammates. They cant be held accountable for what they didnt know. Some people(clowns) like to jump to conclusions when they see a flashy headline and some people like to wait and gather facts and knowledge about the situation before making judgements. I prefer the latter.Yea they really got an unfair advantage over the teams they beat by having him warm the bench....not! The coach doesn't do background checks on parents or guardians if no flags were raised when his eligibility was verified with false info from another state. It's unfortunate for the entire Ridgeway program. I'm sure a lot of u are glad that they are out of it because they were a favorite to win and Memphis isn't exactly the most beloved city in TN. The Consequenses given were based off facts not probabilities...

You hypocritical moron there is no way a coach doesn't know one of his players is 23 years old and married to another one of his player's mother!!. Keep your mouth shut otherwise you remove all doubt that you're a bigger fool than I thought. You need to take those bible verses off your profile its definitely not who you are. We don't play 23 year olds thats for sure. What about the kids that are sitting at home because of this blatant act of cheating? What about those kids Doug?

What are you talking about? Again you don't know me. And I do do all things for the glory of the LORD. What hypocritical thing have I done? I am a person that waits till all the facts are presented before I make a decision of who should be fired. All I was trying to get across to you and anyone else who hears one fact and condems the whole staff to the death chamber.

He was not 23, he is supposedly 22. And it is not confirmed he is married to the lady. Some reports are he is the boyfriend. For sure the only 3 people that knew he was 22, was him, gf/wife and the step-son. There is 2 stories going around about who turned him in. 1 is the gf/wife told the principle because the 22 yr old was flirting with the cheerleaders. The other is that the cheerleaders turned him in because he was harassing them with text messages.

All I was saying is, it is possible for the coach did not know. Before you start to burn the witches at the stake, let the whole truth come out and let it be known who knew and when they knew it..

Did your kids do something's that you were the last to know about? Even when it so obvious to everyone in the school?

What is the population in Gainsboro? 1200? 1400? Ridgeway has that many students. I can say with a great deal of confidence, that Ridgeway has more illegal students attending class today. Do you know everything that is going on in Gainesboro?

As for know the difference by looking at him compared to 17 and under kids. My youngest daughter is 12. She looks 15-16 in boby type and size. And as Bob can confirm, we have an 8th grader that looks like a grown woman but just turned 13. We have another that is 15 and could pass for free food on kids night.

When you and I were I school, yes, I think you could tell. Now, there is no way.

Edited by DougS

I was a coach on a high school team for several years and i promise you that i knew everything about my players. You cannot hide the fact that you're 23 and married to one of your teammates mother for very long. I guarantee you this coach knew something wasn't right with this and elected not to do anything about it. I feel bad for the players on this team that put all the sweat and hard work into a season to have it ended by ADULTS and for the teams that were put out and are sitting at home instead of having a shot at going to the state tournament. The responsibility is solely on the coaching staff and the AD period and there should be suspension, fines and loss of employment for the coach. We all know Memphis schools operate under different rules than the rest of us, but playing a 23 year old is crazy and for some of you to get on here and say he had no idea that he was 23 and married to one of his other players mother is asinine. Get real people!

I Love You. and will continue to pray for you

Edited by DougS

Absolutely on point. As a coach, I think I might know if one of my 8th graders was 17. Also, what a shame. No way that the coach doesn't get fired and if he were not to, it only looks bad on the school and the type of program they support. I see T$$AA coming down big on them as well. Feel bad for the future as well as players who had no part of this will face the consequences of such foolish actions by the coach, player, and associates.

big difference betwenn an 8th grader and a 17 yr old. But come to Memphis and I can show you 6th or 7th graders that look like grown 25 yr men.

Anyway, 17 or 18 yr old does not look much different than 22 yr old.

I was a coach on a high school team for several years and i promise you that i knew everything about my players. You cannot hide the fact that you're 23 and married to one of your teammates mother for very long. I guarantee you this coach knew something wasn't right with this and elected not to do anything about it. I feel bad for the players on this team that put all the sweat and hard work into a season to have it ended by ADULTS and for the teams that were put out and are sitting at home instead of having a shot at going to the state tournament. The responsibility is solely on the coaching staff and the AD period and there should be suspension, fines and loss of employment for the coach. We all know Memphis schools operate under different rules than the rest of us, but playing a 23 year old is crazy and for some of you to get on here and say he had no idea that he was 23 and married to one of his other players mother is asinine. Get real people!

I Love You and will continue to pray for you.

The coach stood to gain basically nothing from this, so I find it hard to believe he is truly guilty of "covering up" anything. If he is, it makes absolutely no sense.

There was a similar situation involving a 21 year old high school football player in Michigan a couple of years ago. As I remember it, none of the coaches had any idea, nor did the vast majority of the team. It took a tip from one anonymous parent before questions began to be asked and the situation to be ultimately uncovered.

From the information that is gaining ground, this young man and his "guardian" went to some pretty incredible lengths to make this seem legitimate. I doubt anyone who is willing to use the time and paperwork that it takes to BS their way through the system is going to open their mouth to very many people.

Plus, this is Memphis. It isn't the same small town/everybody knows everybody type of environment that most of the posters on this board are used to. The idea of this being kept from the coach's attention is not unreasonable.

The coach stood to gain basically nothing from this, so I find it hard to believe he is truly guilty of "covering up" anything. If he is, it makes absolutely no sense.

There was a similar situation involving a 21 year old high school football player in Michigan a couple of years ago. As I remember it, none of the coaches had any idea, nor did the vast majority of the team. It took a tip from one anonymous parent before questions began to be asked and the situation to be ultimately uncovered.

From the information that is gaining ground, this young man and his "guardian" went to some pretty incredible lengths to make this seem legitimate. I doubt anyone who is willing to use the time and paperwork that it takes to BS their way through the system is going to open their mouth to very many people.

Plus, this is Memphis. It isn't the same small town/everybody knows everybody type of environment that most of the posters on this board are used to. The idea of this being kept from the coach's attention is not unreasonable.

I agree. Most of these people making accusations and demanding the coach be fired are from "one" red light towns where everybody knows everybody. Memphis is different...very different than county schools.

Innocent until proven guilty and coacht posters are not the jury.

I agree. Most of these people making accusations and demanding the coach be fired are from "one" red light towns where everybody knows everybody. Memphis is different...very different than county schools.

Innocent until proven guilty and coacht posters are not the jury.

Absolutely right. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. I've learned a hard lesson in life. Not to judge before the allotted time.

Edited by SweetScience

nothing done to this guy bc memphis is its own little entity that really isnt relative to the rest of tn. we know that. coaches there could not get a job anywhere else. that is fact. the only thing they have is talented players. you think people who voted for obama are going to scream for one of their own to be fired? heck just ban all memphis teams from the state and let their city championship count as their state tourney. it means more to them anyhow.

Edited by topper06