This is a Soap Opera at Ridgeway WOW! SIT DOWN

Galilee

I just heard some more crazy rumors about this sad story. Ridgeway assistant coach was found murdered in his home a few days before all of this stuff came out about the adult player, he was a no call no show at work for few days before his body was discovered by authorities. Police had no suspects or leads in the murder. Word is going around that the coach may have found out about the player and was possibly killed for it. Its sounds pretty far fetched, but in light of all thats going on with this crazy story, I just dont know what to think. They are supposedly investigating the adult now as a suspect in the coach's murder. Again this is all just hearsay thats been going on around the school. I think the adult student and his gaurdian should be facing some type of criminal charges for falsifying documents, fraud, or something.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard some more crazy rumors about this sad story. Ridgeway assistant coach was found murdered in his home a few days before all of this stuff came out about the adult player, he was a no call no show at work for few days before his body was discovered by authorities. Police had no suspects or leads in the murder. Word is going around that the coach may have found out about the player and was possibly killed for it. Its sounds pretty far fetched, but in light of all thats going on with this crazy story, I just dont know what to think. They are supposedly investigating the adult now as a suspect in the coach's murder. Again this is all just hearsay thats been going on around the school. I think the adult student and his gaurdian should be facing some type of criminal charges for falsifying documents, fraud, or something.

Wow that is just crazy! Its a sad day when a man loses his life but if this proves to be true then i feel the administration has to bear some of the blame for not doing their due diligence on the front side and finding out if this man was who he said he was and if he was eligible. Worst case scenario is this adult killed a man to hide the fact that he was 22 instead of 18 and had the school investigated they would have found out before a man lost his life. If this turns out to be true the coach, AD and all involved need heavy heavy penalties brought down on them, the very least would be loss of employment!

Wow. If that is true, that has to be the craziest story I think I've ever heard. Unreal.

I played football. Nobody investigated my current address. I told them what my address was. They said ok. And no I didn't go to school in Memphis. How many schools have been caught using transfers with bogus transcripts? I have never heard of it. So schools are supposed to expect someone with a seemingly legit transfer to somehow be defrauding them. And this guy was living with another Ridgeway player. I'm sure no one thought there was a reason to investigate his address since he lived at the same address as another student

GCA,SignalMountain,and two brothers from Perry County are three big ones who come to mind just recently...the kids in question all had documentation,and at least two of those three may have been legit...just messed up the paperwork.There are hard and fast rules regarding this issue...who do you think should hold the responsibility to check if not the school that would be affected?All the schools aforementioned had to forefit games,and at least one of the three was banned from postseason the following year when they were undefeated(I think).Ridgeway will be lucky if this is the only year that this affects them if past history is an indicator. Edited by tradertwo

Stop it........Let's talk about the sport itself.......That's what CoachT is about. You shouldn't be talking about someone being killed. Absolutely ridiculous.

Nebuntyn are you coming down tonight?

Galilee, I hope those Mitchell Tigers can roar and get another victory!

I knew when this started comming out that there would be some who would be calling for the coaches heads. They were duped like everyone else. Once a person gets past the Board of Education with transfer paperwork, that's it. No one in Memphis is going to do any extra investigation into a transfer, unless a red flag comes up, like it did in this situation. There are too many students to consider and not enough manpower to do post transfer paperwork verification. This could of happened to anybody.

Hollywood couldn't have scripted a more bizzare story.

Edited by kwc

I have known head coach Wes Henning for more than 15 years. I have no doubt in stating that he had no idea this was going on. I know that recruiting goes on in Memphis but this is far beyond that. As a high school administrator I may have done the exact same thing in accepting the documentation presented at registration. This was not a star player and he does look like a high school student. The blame should be on the player and his wife.

I have known head coach Wes Henning for more than 15 years. I have no doubt in stating that he had no idea this was going on. I know that recruiting goes on in Memphis but this is far beyond that. As a high school administrator I may have done the exact same thing in accepting the documentation presented at registration. This was not a star player and he does look like a high school student. The blame should be on the player and his wife.

I agree, Wes Henning is a good guy and a good coach.

Most schools aren't going to check that hard if it will benefit their teams. And since he wasn't rated and was really under the radar, why would they question. TSSAA isn't going to do too much checking or they would have already done something to a E TN teams but unless you actually run around with a video camera and catch them red handed which seems like this crew got their hand caught in the cookie jar, they will only do what is really obvious. People find a way to bend the rules or work the system I guess you would say. Sad for the other players on the team though.