Mitchell VS CPA Who wins and why?

nebuntyn

CPA has the strongest assembled starting 5 in the state- 2 high-major, 2 mid-major and 1 high major (football)- 4 juniors and 1 freshman...

If not in the area or don't have them on the schedule, hard to understand. Even though high school aged students competing against other high school aged students, has not been a normal high school approach. More like competing against a high school prep team like an Oak Hill (who also loses every once in awhile). :rolleyes:

If not in the area or don't have them on the schedule, hard to understand. Even though high school aged students competing against other high school aged students, has not been a normal high school approach. More like competing against a high school prep team like an Oak Hill (who also loses every once in awhile). :rolleyes:

Oooooooook! Slow down, nothing like an Oak Hill team.......not a good comparison. Their guard play, is not nearly as good this year. Edited by nebuntyn

Let me clarify my analysis about CPA's guard play. They are not weak, they just don't have as much depth there as they did last year with Bradshaw, Bonds, and Wharton. But they are still VERY good. Bonds is very underrated, and Blackwell, at 6'6" handles the ball as well as most point guards.

your right on bonds, he is very underrated!

Oooooooook! Slow down, nothing like an Oak Hill team.......not a good comparison. Their guard play, is not nearly as good this year.

Not saying as good as an Oak Hill team since those are players who have been through high school, talking about the similarities in the approach which provides the advantage.

CPA has the strongest assembled starting 5 in the state- 2 high-major, 2 mid-major and 1 high major (football)- 4 juniors and 1 freshman. The only thing that is going to stop them this year or next is the TSSAA (unlikely) or a college snapping up Coach Maddux (more likely). I hope Mitchell gives them a good game but I am afraid I have reluctantly drunk the kool-aid and I am not sure Mitchell can beat them.

I see you really like titles....Major, Mid Major, yada, yada, yada.... Sometimes you are only as good as the system you're in. What happens when that system gets exposed? Lindsey and Blackwell are the only true superstars on that team and Blackwell has more of an upside than Lindsey. The rest fit the system. Alsmiller(excuse my spelling of his name) can be a non factor, with tight man to man defense. This team goes as Blackwell and Lindsey go. Edited by nebuntyn

I would normally pull for any team against a west tn team but I will take the lesser of the two evils. GO MITCHELLLLL!! The difference makers last year was Bradshaw & Wharton & the pressure they put on the ball. Lindsey had a couple nice dunks but the motor of the other two separated them from the pack.

• Upvote 1

I see you really like titles....Major, Mid Major, yada, yada, yada.... Sometimes you are only as good as the system your in. What happens when that system gets exposed? Lindsey and Blackwell are the only true superstars on that team and Blackwell has more of an upside than Lindsey. The rest fit the system. Alsmiller(excuse my spelling of his name) can be a non factor, with tight man to man defense. This team goes as Blackwell and Lindsey go.

Sorry, but you are usually pretty knowledgeable, but wrong here. Bonds is the key to CPA winning the state. You have to watch them a lot to see how valuable he is. He is the best full court defender, he does not turn it over under pressure and he creates the shots for everyone else. Rarely shoots but is very efficient when he does. Alsmiller is mostly a shooter but his heighth does make him a pretty good defender and rebounder. Richard would probably be leader scorer on most teams but plays his role for CPA and is underrated. They are good because their starters are all as good as most team's best player, and someone always steps up when someone is struggling or in foul trouble. Again, I repeat, they can be beat, but you have to play great to do it.

Sorry, but you are usually pretty knowledgeable, but wrong here. Bonds is the key to CPA winning the state. You have to watch them a lot to see how valuable he is. He is the best full court defender, he does not turn it over under pressure and he creates the shots for everyone else. Rarely shoots but is very efficient when he does. Alsmiller is mostly a shooter but his heighth does make him a pretty good defender and rebounder. Richard would probably be leader scorer on most teams but plays his role for CPA and is underrated. They are good because their starters are all as good as most team's best player, and someone always steps up when someone is struggling or in foul trouble. Again, I repeat, they can be beat, but you have to play great to do it.

Ok! Will you be at the game?

i had been thinking the same thing, but was unsure if anyone else had thought that too.