Gomab's Top 100 Sophomores

CoachT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kqueen3

i'm gonna have to TOTALLY agree with ss14 on this one. Alan Asberry has a whole lot of talent on the court to be a sophomore. given, it runs in the family (his older brother Adam is Awesome)(and his dad is a coach) he still is very impressive on the court. plus, when you watch him play, you can see how involved he is on the game. (pay attention and you will see that he helps in callin plays) i dunno where he should be at on the list b/c i am not as familiar w/ some of the other guys on it, but hats off to asberry!!!!!

One sophomore that will be overlooked this year will be Ronnie Hickman from LaVergne. He'll be overshadowed by the Antjuan Koger and Chris Darden, but he is going to be a great talent there and will only increase the depth off of the bench this year. Also, has anyone seen the LaVergne Freshmen team play. I hear that they are as talented as any freshmen team in the state this year.

I went to watch Giles Co. play Lawrence Co. last night, the only reason I made the ride over there was to watch the sophomore Tyler Smith. Oh my is he the stuff. He is probably one of the best players that I have seen play in a really long time. He dunked 5 or 6 times and he also hit a couple of three-pointers. I do believe this kid could do it all. If you haven't got the chance to see him play yet, you should really go and watch him!!!!!!

Guest jjackson

I am glad to see that Daniel Puckett of McEwen is ranked 13th. He is a very special player. I have never seen a player 6-5 handle the ball like he does. The way he takes over games as a sophomore is unbelievable.

Matt White from Unicoi County is one of the best sophomores, not just in East Tenneseee, but in the state. He's a 6-2 forward/guard who scored 27 points at Volunteer, probably the 2nd best team in the Watauga Conference after Elizabethton. He's currently averaging 17 points a game after 6 games. He has a huge upside and should be one of the best players in the state by his senior year.

[Edited by jmourning on 12-17-02 1:03P]