White House Blue Devils 2013

BDP2003

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is competing?? Has to be a yes. No matter what happens during the regular season WH always competes in playoffs, really doesn't matter what kind of team they have. I will admit though WH might finally have them another QB that can be a real factor in the sophomore Rankin (spelling??) if he gets to play this year, but definately next year. Haven't seen a true performer in that spot since Kyle Levering on the 04 semi final team. Unless you count Greenwade who didn't get to finish ...

Greenwade was special. Won't see many with that kind of talent too often. The sophmore does have a good looking arm. Question is, does he have it between the ears? Porter will go with the senior, unless he absolutely has to make a change.

• 3 months later...

I'd go with the hot hand. If the Rankin kid is special (and I keep hearing everyone say he is), why not start him for the next 3 years? Portland will already have 4 quarters under their belt versus a very good team in Westmoreland going in to week 1 versus the Devils. If the Devils go into the Portland game with the mindset they did last year, the Panthers will take it to them just like they did in that game. Put the best players on the field like any other team would, and WIN BABY!

I'd go with the hot hand. If the Rankin kid is special (and I keep hearing everyone say he is), why not start him for the next 3 years? Portland will already have 4 quarters under their belt versus a very good team in Westmoreland going in to week 1 versus the Devils. If the Devils go into the Portland game with the mindset they did last year, the Panthers will take it to them just like they did in that game. Put the best players on the field like any other team would, and WIN BABY!

WH always was, is, and will be a RUNNING team first.  Their strength this year is definitely their defense.  That's the blue devil recipe for success, a sound running game and a strong defense.