South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Rankin laughed..when Signal opted for 4a.

Creasy's wife said "Hellooo! and hit him one more time" pertaining to the Sissy Chicken Mascot.

Davis won't shave his mustache..until February..Roy sent a Norelco shaver.

The current assistants have been shunned..We have that Stone man,you have the Beck...

Happy New Year!!

What about Heath? We could run that side-saddle "saingle waing" . . .

The single wing. Yep, we had about 4 plays. 46, 47, 317 and 46 pass. LMBO

They had more than that in the play book with Ferrel and Allison. I thing the old Pirate version of the s.w. would have messed some teams up the past few years. This year they would have had trouble with the line.

Edited by rlh

The single wing. Yep, we had about 4 plays. 46, 47, 317 and 46 pass. LMBO

Now fellers....OP is surprised, can't remember when the Pirates last ran a successful 46 pass....not during the 90s,not during the 80s neither to best of this skillet heads memory. Pert near sure it was pre-Chris Ferrell days. The quickie right & the Attempt to pass were instrumental during coach Don's reign. Figure he remembered all too well the ole professor's belief about the bad vs the good in the pass game....LOPAO.....

They had more than that in the play book with Ferrel and Allison. I thing the old Pirate version of the s.w. would have messed some teams up the past few years. This year they would have had trouble with the line.

I forgot about the quickie right. Most nights in the 80s the sequence of plays went something like this. 46,46,46,47,46,46,46,47,46,46,46,317,46,46,46

LMBO

Huntingdon ran a hybrid version of the single wing and almost ran home with the 1a title.

That was a great game.

Could you imagine the Single wing run this past year, 3 options for the snap, Stone, Johnson & Hale all three candidates with Lankford @ wingback & C Mitchell & M Blevins @ the ends....oh well would love to see some of that in every game, figure it could really get the old fellers blood a pumping foe sure!
  • Upvote 1

I forgot about the quickie right. Most nights in the 80s the sequence of plays went something like this. 46,46,46,47,46,46,46,47,46,46,46,317,46,46,46

LMBO

SP made the opposing DE's night miserable....that was when the Pirates were known for being real blockers & rarely, rarely ever were called for holding, unlike the teams of today that act like they's blocking their momas! OP says can you imagine what a response would be like for the crowd to know that the single wing was going to be ran & the fear......it would put in the eyes of the DEs..Figure opposing coaches would have a time trying to convince his DEs not to turn and run......LOPAO........Wow... Edited by OLD PIRATE

Could you imagine the Single wing run this past year, 3 options for the snap, Stone, Johnson & Hale all three candidates with Lankford @ wingback & C Mitchell & M Blevins @ the ends....oh well would love to see some of that in every game, figure it could really get the old fellers blood a pumping foe sure!

I would have loved to have seen it.IDK if most kids today are disciplined enough to run it.