Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

A = 1A and 2A -AA=3A and 4A AAA = 5A and 6A....Now tell me again we play AA Football...our Football team has less than 35 players on an average year, yes occassionally we get a transfer from Sumner County...but its not us begging him to come, its usually a player that doesn't make the cut at the bigger schools. Parents get mad, decide to relocate...happens about 5 times every 10 years.Been happening since 1920's.

Unlike you privates who hang out at the Little League parks recruiting parents of the all-stars.

As usual, this post makes no sense. You play 1A in everything but football. You play 2A football because of the size of your high school student body - it is too big for 1A. You have the numbers you just don't have the commitment from your administration for any sport other than football. And as for the occasional transfer, bull once again. How about "Chicago"? I don't believe he migrated from Sumner Co. Because he couldn't make the team. TC could probably beat Gallatin at this point. In a way I'll miss arguing with you. But overall I'm hoping for someone to "discuss" sports with rather than argue with brick walls.

Antwan, I could not agree more.

Why was this topic even started?

JMHO.

It is no one's business what Trousdale County does or does not do.

I think it is an interesting stance. If they don't want to play GP...and will refuse to do so...why not in football too? That would make a statement...albeit not a good one. You play whomever is in your district in every sport. It will be interesting to see what the tssaa does about this.

Edited by Antwan

I think it is an interesting stance. If they don't won't to play GP...and will refuse to do so...why not in football too? That would make a statement...albeit not a good one. You play whomever is in your district in every sport. It will be interesting to see what the tssaa does about this.

TSSAA won't do anything about it...but count them all as losses.

GP is a private school and should be in the same division as JP II, Ensworth, GPS etc... My daughter goes to a small public school and works very hard at everything she does, including softball. But I agree, if you want your child or team to get better, you have to play the best completion that you can find. If you are looking for W's and are playing the less competitive teams you are only cheating your players, team, school, and your community. If TC don't want to play, they are only hurting their self.

Its a size thing...we don't have the population to support a competitive youth league like say...Mt Juliet or some of the other places ya'll recruit your 6th graders...

we are lucky to get enough kids to have 5 teams in any youth sport...

except in football...

we don't have enuff to support even 2 teams like say... Macon Co.

So we pool them and have a travel team that plays maybe 7 or 8 games a year.

Maybe then TC should just play no games in their season and consider themselves the "State Champion" in their division of one. Give me a break. Life is about overcoming adversity, not running away from challenges because something is perceived as "unfair". TC is teaching their kids to expect to fail and to run away from challenges. This will not serve them well in life. In fact, it seems the perfect prescription to remaining "anti-rich". High school sports is for the kids - let them play!

I always get a kick when people choose to whine incessantly about the D1 privates, where parents pay thousands of dollars in tuition (whether "rich" or not) while no one seems to care that out-of-zone, (even out-of-county!!!) kids can go to places like Maryville and Beech for far less in tuition, allowing those schools to absolutely dominate their zoned competition. What's the difference, and why don't you expand your whining to include these "recruiting" publics?

Maybe then TC should just play no games in their season and consider themselves the "State Champion" in their division of one. Give me a break. Life is about overcoming adversity, not running away from challenges because something is perceived as "unfair". TC is teaching their kids to expect to fail and to run away from challenges. This will not serve them well in life. In fact, it seems the perfect prescription to remaining "anti-rich". High school sports is for the kids - let them play!

I always get a kick when people choose to whine incessantly about the D1 privates, where parents pay thousands of dollars in tuition (whether "rich" or not) while no one seems to care that out-of-zone, (even out-of-county!!!) kids can go to places like Maryville and Beech for far less in tuition, allowing those schools to absolutely dominate their zoned competition. What's the difference, and why don't you expand your whining to include these "recruiting" publics?

Maybe The GoodPastors shouldn't have been a bunch of COWARDS and Moved DOwN to PlAy little ole TC and RBS...

Whats that teaching ya'lls kids? Go pick on the smaller ones?

As far as i'm concerned makes ya'll look like a bunch of wimps!!

I hope ya'll choke on it... :popcorneater:

Oh and BTW...that "parents" paying tuition is crap...work study or there parent is a paid assistant (paid enuff to cover tuition)...not any kid can get into GP...Athletics is at the top of the list of requirements.

Edited by slimshady