9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

I will agree with your second point somewhat. Station Camp area is the fastest growing in Sumner County.

I do not know anything but the player in question. If there was no validity in the accusation then the accuser looks like sour grapes. However, without knowing any specifics, several friends of his obviously have known about this for sometime. Now if the TSSAA finds anything and does anything is something else. I hate that people who do the right thing get punished in these cases. Gallatin has been on the opposite side and it is no fun. Having been there and experienced the process, I doubt that it is as cut and dry as you may think.

Gwave1... That's kind of my point. Front what I know there is nothin more to this than just that. Sour grapes. Gallatin got beat badly and the staff/administration didn't like it. Edited by eers

For the Gallatin fans, I just read the tragic news about Mr. Brazil. I grew up with one of his sons, in Gallitan. Tonight before the game he was  walking across the street to go the game, he was struck by a motorist. Please keep the Brazil family in your prayers. A tragic loss for Gallatin, his family and for Gallatins faithful football fans. 

Very sad for the Green Wave community to lose one of it's own. Mr. Jules Brazil was the voice of the Green Wave for 22 years. Pray for his family as well as Thomas Rush who accidentally clipped Mr. Brazil.

http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20131019/GALLATIN01/310190075/Updated-Longtime-Green-Wave-announcer-dies-after-being-hit-by-car-before-football-game

Gwave1... That's kind of my point. Front what I know there is nothin more to this than just that. Sour grapes. Gallatin got beat badly and the staff/administration didn't like it.

I am sure they didn't. They also do not like Station Camp boosters and people who have a gripe with Gallatin getting kids who practice with Gallatin to transfer to SC. But we have already gone over this.

Very sad for the Green Wave community to lose one of it's own. Mr. Jules Brazil was the voice of the Green Wave for 22 years. Pray for his family as well as Thomas Rush who accidentally clipped Mr. Brazil.

http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20131019/GALLATIN01/310190075/Updated-Longtime-Green-Wave-announcer-dies-after-being-hit-by-car-before-football-game

Very real tragedy. He loved Gallatin football. Another well known and liked Gallatin supporter who passed on and will be missed. Prayers for his family.

Not at all. Gallatin is on the way down, not up. Kids are "choosing" to go elsewhere. They will have some good years, certainly, but will never be the dominate program they once were. I think you have it wrong because as Gallatin fans you want SC to do badly and at the very least enjoy taking shots, I would prefer to see every team in the district and more so, in the county, have very strong programs.

In regard to the kid in question being "illegal", he did in fact move. Just so we're all on the same page.

At this point you're correct, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they never win another sporting event. Call it what you will, but I get tired of hearing about one bad year. I saw this years team and they are just not very good. They look better because others are down, that doesn't mean the program is back. There will be several other athletes leave GHS in the future and don't be surprised if they end up in maroon.

Gwave1... That's kind of my point. Front what I know there is nothin more to this than just that. Sour grapes. Gallatin got beat badly and the staff/administration didn't like it.

Actually, that is not the case. I don't know your perception of Gallatin High School. Some parents and kids have been swayed by falsehoods that are spread about Gallatin by certain individuals but, many "choose" Gallatin without being influenced.

As far as the ineligible kid, if turned in by Gallatin, it is valid and substantiated not just sour grapes. Again, I pray for the kids in this situation.  

Edited by TheRealTruth

Very real tragedy. He loved Gallatin football. Another well known and liked Gallatin supporter who passed on and will be missed. Prayers for his family.

Thanks for the link, I grew up with Chris, and he lives up here in Portland now. Praying for his family. .........it was a loss for us, but, in the grand scheme of things, it was fitting for Gallatin to have won. 

Actually, that is not the case. I don't know your perception of Gallatin High School. Some parents and kids have been swayed by falsehoods that are spread about Gallatin by certain individuals but, many "choose" Gallatin without being influenced.

As far as the ineligible kid, if turned in by Gallatin, it is valid and substantiated not just sore grapes. Again, I pray for the kids in this situation.  

I dont know ANYTHING  about this, but, I thought TSSAA changed the rules this year on transfers and eligibility. Am I wrong that they changed it to where the player had to move 40 miles or a certain mileage to keep from having to sit out a year? Or am I getting rules criss crossed?  

I heard about what's going on with the Bison from a friend today. I was hoping to get on here and learn something new. It's a shame if this turns out to ruin their season. Without turning the ball over vs Pearl- Cohn, and a few plays going either way against Beech, SC could be undefeated. However, surely the coaching staff wouldn't play a kid throughout the season if his elgibilty was in question. Also read something about coaches and boosters trying to lure kids away from schools, not sure if buy that, but either way should make parents think about the hands in which they are placing their children when they allow them to go out for the football team. High school football should not be taken that serioulsy, especially when 97% of the players in the district won't even play college ball. Praying for the kids at SC  and all around the district who have put in all the hard work. I hope it doesn't go to waste.

I dont know ANYTHING  about this, but, I thought TSSAA changed the rules this year on transfers and eligibility. Am I wrong that they changed it to where the player had to move 40 miles or a certain mileage to keep from having to sit out a year? Or am I getting rules criss crossed?  

I understood it to be 20 miles, however, this is from the TSSAA Handbook.

2013-14 TSSAA Handbook

Students Changing Schools

Section 11. General Provisions.  Residence.  A student changing schools for any reason, to be eligible, must live at home with his/her parent(s) or guardian(s), unless: 

a.  the student is moving to a boarding school and has no athletic record the previous twelve months in any sport; 

b. the student is moving as a direct result of the dissolution of the student's home due to death; 

c.  the student is moving as a direct result of the divorce of the student's parents; or 

d.  the student is moving as a direct result of the separation of the student's parents, provided a complaint or petition for absolute divorce has been filed with a court having jurisdiction to grant the divorce.  

"Transfer Student" Defined.  A transfer student is any student changing schools for any reason other than having completed the highest, or terminal, grade at another school. A student who must change schools because he/she has completed the highest grade at his/her previous school is not considered a transfer student and is eligible to participate in athletics at any school he/she attends, without further approval, provided he/she satisfies the residence requirement above.  

Executive Director Approval Required.  A school may not allow a transfer student to participate in athletics until his/her eligibility has been verified and approved by the Executive Director. The school is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information supplied to the Executive Director for this purpose.  

Participation While Ineligible.  If a student who is ineligible, under these provisions regarding students changing schools, competes in a contest while ineligible, then the student upon becoming eligible under these provisions will nonetheless be ineligible to participate in twice the number of contests in which he/she participated as an ineligible student or will be ineligible for the remainder of the season, whichever is less. 

Section 12. Eligible Transfer Students.   Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible: 

a.  The student has no athletic record in the previous twelve months in any sport sponsored by TSSAA; 

b.  There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's parents or guardian.  If such a change of residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the school year to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may transfer without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the next report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year; 

c.  The student changes schools as a direct result of re-zoning or reassignment of students by the local school system; 

d.  The student is moving from a boarding school where they are a boarder to the school serving the territory where his/her parents live, or vice versa, provided the student has attended the school he/she is leaving for a minimum of twelve months and provided the principal at the school he/she is leaving indicates in writing that the move is not for athletic or disciplinary reasons.  The move must be at the beginning of the school year.  (Note: The school must be outside the day school territory of the boarding school.); 

e.  The student is transferring to a senior high school in the same system into the earliest grade offered at that senior high school, i.e. at the student's first opportunity to move to that school; 

f.  The student who has been determined by a Court to be dependent and neglected and consequently changes residences and schools as a result of a Court order; 

g.  The first time the student changes residence from one parent to the other as a result of a court ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the move was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons; or 

h.  The first time the student changes residence from a guardian to either or both parents as a result of a court ordered custody change, so long as the principal of the former school attests in writing that the move was not for athletic or disciplinary reasons; 

i.  The student is attending school where the student's parent works as a full-time employee, that parent takes a full-time job at a different school, and the student transfers to the school where the parent takes the new job.  The transfer must take place when the parent takes the job or, if the job change occurs during the school year, the transfer must be made at the beginning of the following school year; 

j.  The student who transfers from school A to school B and then returns to school A without having participated in any sport at any level or without practicing in any sport at any level at school B.  This must be verified in writing by the administration of school B. 

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.   The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last participation date (these provisions do not apply to students who have no athletic record for the previous or current school year): 

a.  A student who transfers without a bona fide change of residence by his/her parents; 

b.  A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence is outside the territory of the new school, and (2) the new residence is both outside the territory of the old school and inside the territory of the new school; 

c.  If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date; 

d.  If a student has satisfied all other requirements for eligibility but was under discipline at his/her former school, the student shall be ineligible at the new school for twelve months or until the disciplinary charges have been removed, whichever is less. 

If the ineligible student has an athletic record for the previous or current school year in football, basketball, baseball, girls softball, or track and field, the student is ineligible in all of these sports. In all other sports, ineligibility applies only to the particular sport in which the ineligible student has an athletic record for the previous or current school year.

Edited by TheRealTruth

One question. If everything was on the up and up then why was he told he could not play last night?

Secondly, Station Camp is definitely on the decline. Middle school and 9th grade were terrible and several former Bison will be suiting up for the Green Wave next year. And they did it the right way nothing back door. Everybody knows rezoning is right around the corner. Station Camp is over crowded and the new wing at Gallatin will help Gallatin even more. You can paint a bleak picture for Gallatin but that is just not the case. Haters will hate. You and chickhot will get a dose of reality very soon.

One question. If everything was on the up and up then why was he told he could not play last night?

Secondly, Station Camp is definitely on the decline. Middle school and 9th grade were terrible and several former Bison will be suiting up for the Green Wave next year. And they did it the right way nothing back door. Everybody knows rezoning is right around the corner. Station Camp is over crowded and the new wing at Gallatin will help Gallatin even more. You can paint a bleak picture for Gallatin but that is just not the case. Haters will hate. You and chickhot will get a dose of reality very soon.

Will be interesting the next few years how the rezoning will affect the district. I feel like Station Camp is really the only school that can be hurt by rezoning. It looks like Hendersonville will be the team to beat for the years to come as their freshman team is incredible and is on a 16 game winning streak. Ton of athletes right now with even more on the way (especially from the Hawkins middle). Mt. Juliet is very young and strong as well and could pose a threat. Gallatin is a wait and see for me.