7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

The school facility is state-of-the-art. SCHS hosts Summitt for homecoming... and Page beat Summitt 40-6 last season if that means anything. SCHS also plays Ravenwood, Tullahoma, and Gallatin outside 7aaa which won't be a walk in the park, but the pigskin is shaped funny and takes strange bounces... so you just never know.

Page had 23 seniors on last years team. Summit had none. That's about as much as you can read into that score. Their seniors were bigger and much more seasoned than the Spartans. But I will say that no one should overlook a new school that does have upperclassmen on the roster. Hopefully we can make you wait for year two to have a homecoming victory.

Edit: Just looked back in this thread and saw that y'all beat Page in your scrimmage. I do hope that means something going forward as Summit plays Page out of district this year.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

7aaa saw where you had centennial at #10. Might want to rethink that one. Wasn't impressed with their scrimmage the other day. Yes I know it was the first scrimmage and yes it was a scrimmage. But nothing about that team says #10. They weren't physical at all and didn't seem to have the intangibles to be ranked that high. Just an observation. I know I may be wrong and have to eat crow. And not to have Riverdale at least as one of the teams on the outside looking in is surprising.

7aaa saw where you had centennial at #10. Might want to rethink that one. Wasn't impressed with their scrimmage the other day. Yes I know it was the first scrimmage and yes it was a scrimmage. But nothing about that team says #10. They weren't physical at all and didn't seem to have the intangibles to be ranked that high. Just an observation. I know I may be wrong and have to eat crow. And not to have Riverdale at least as one of the teams on the outside looking in is surprising.

Milo, I agree I for one am not buying the hype from the CHS camp of supporters. I know beating Franklin for the first time was a milestone, but I am not sure it is a signal of impending prominence.

Milo, I agree I for one am not buying the hype from the CHS camp of supporters. I know beating Franklin for the first time was a milestone, but I am not sure it is a signal of impending prominence.

Just the pre-season guys. Yes Smyrna handled them easily, but going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they pick up a few losses in the regular season. If Centennial does struggle, rest assured they will be bumped out of the sweet 16 in quick order.

As for Riverdale, They are one of the teams im watching for, was just naming some teams off the top of my head. Think Smyrna is going to have a good year and was very tempted to include them into the sweet 16. Appreciate the feedback though, always nice to have

Just the pre-season guys. Yes Smyrna handled them easily, but going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they pick up a few losses in the regular season. If Centennial does struggle, rest assured they will be bumped out of the sweet 16 in quick order.

As for Riverdale, They are one of the teams im watching for, was just naming some teams off the top of my head. Think Smyrna is going to have a good year and was very tempted to include them into the sweet 16. Appreciate the feedback though, always nice to have[/quote

I wouldn't go so far as to say that my Bulldogs handled them. We had our issues that is for sure. I just didn't see the it factor that you would probably see with a team like Blackman, Maryville, Mt. Juliet. You can see it in those teams even if they do run a vanilla offense or a base sceem on defense. No doubt centennial has improved. Just thought that was an odd one.

Edited by milo118

As for Riverdale, They are one of the teams im watching for, was just naming some teams off the top of my head. Think Smyrna is going to have a good year and was very tempted to include them into the sweet 16. Appreciate the feedback though, always nice to have[/quote

I wouldn't go so far as to say that my Bulldogs handled them. We had our issues that is for sure. I just didn't see the it factor that you would probably see with a team like Blackman, Maryville, Mt. Juliet. You can see it in those teams even if they do run a vanilla offense or a base sceem on defense. No doubt centennial has improved. Just thought that was an odd one.

Centennial has been slowly trending upward with Coach Rector. Thats a big reason why I have them there and your right, of all my top 10, theyre probably the one team that I went out on a limb with. Speaking of Blackman, looked pretty sloppy against Franklin on friday............

Centennial has been slowly trending upward with Coach Rector. Thats a big reason why I have them there and your right, of all my top 10, theyre probably the one team that I went out on a limb with. Speaking of Blackman, looked pretty sloppy against Franklin on friday............

Coach ShAd eluded to that fact in his interview in the DNJ. But I have a feeling that they will have it together by jamboree time.

Obviously going to struggle in first scrimmage, but expected more after the way they roughed up a good wilson central team in the spring

I think if you read the interview you will see where he tried to get a bunch of playing time for all that he could. Plus with the new QB Jennings at the helm it was a learning experience.

I think if you read the interview you will see where he tried to get a bunch of playing time for all that he could. Plus with the new QB Jennings at the helm it was a learning experience.

I understand that, but it was the ones that were sloppy. Jennings looked flat our sharp in the spring. Was hoping to see more of Davidson as well. Looking forward to seeing Siegel tommorrow

Obviously going to struggle in first scrimmage, but expected more after the way they roughed up a good wilson central team in the spring

I thought we looked really tired. I do know we practiced hard twice on Thursday and a full practice Friday morning (guess we should have had a play day with slip and slides) with a scrimmage on Friday night. I noticed we did not run the ball up the middle until more than half way through the scrimmage which surprised me. The passing game really looked tired, When the throws were on the money we were dropping them. Overall I would give us a C-. Lots of room for improvement, but the shadorade is not flowing yet.  :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad