7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

Tennessean says Oakland at 6:00. We scrimmaged McCalile last Friday. They were decent. They kept us off balance in the first half with their motion type offense and really exploited some weaknesses we have with our front six. Their QB played well, at least the first half. We shut them down the second and their only score was after a strip by their DB and he took it about 90 yards to the house. The aren't very big and have a spattering of athletes. My guess is the JV will get quite a bit of playing time early. :popcorneater:

Thanks

Not much talk about E. Smith's injury on here. Doesn't look as if it will keep him out of the Riverdale game but those type of shoulder injuries can linger. As talented as he is, Oakland still looks to be tops in this district without his services. (speculation!!! I think he will be fine) Must be nice to have depth like that. For most teams, a kid like that goes down, fold the tent up, put out the fire, the camping trip is over. I would not think that with this team. (Again this is not to say Mr. Smith's injury will keep him out very long. Just a talking point.)

I think Oakland's biggest challenge will be on their own sideline. Year after year they have the talent, but you have be able to get that talent to play to it's optimum level. You must avoid injuries and keep you season in tack in the face of adversity, because adversity will rear it's head (ask Seigal last year, Riverdale etc.) it always does. X's and O's and Jimmies and Joe's are one thing (actually two) but a coach also has to be a part time psychologist, dad, leader, mentor, etc. OBTW get your team ready for a game. Lose your team and lose your season.  :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

I think Oakland's biggest challenge will be on their own sideline. Year after year they have the talent, but you have be able to get that talent to play to it's optimum level. You must avoid injuries and keep you season in tack in the face of adversity, because adversity will rear it's head (ask Seigal last year, Riverdale etc.) it always does. X's and O's and Jimmies and Joe's are one thing (actually two) but a coach also has to be a part time psychologist, dad, leader, mentor, etc. OBTW get your team ready for a game. Lose your team and lose your season.  :popcorneater:

You can say Oakland always has Talent and your are right but like this? I have been in Tennessee since 1998 and I don't believe I've seen or heard of a "Public school" with this much "D1" talent. I know they have not played a game yet but that Offensive Line may turn out to be one of the best I've seen in Tennessee in 14 year or so. (again, Public School Team) A stable of RB's and some huge, rangy, athletic WR's on the outside. The Defense is nothing to look over either. They seem physical and really fast to the ball. Do they have their deficiencies, yep, but they are few and far between.

I think this staff Coach has at Oakland is fine. I think the kids buy in to his tough, no non-sense ways. As a coach you can't and won't make everyone happy. Like you said if the folks in the locker room are with you, that all that matters.

Not much talk about E. Smith's injury on here. Doesn't look as if it will keep him out of the Riverdale game but those type of shoulder injuries can linger. As talented as he is, Oakland still looks to be tops in this district without his services. (speculation!!! I think he will be fine) Must be nice to have depth like that. For most teams, a kid like that goes down, fold the tent up, put out the fire, the camping trip is over. I would not think that with this team. (Again this is not to say Mr. Smith's injury will keep him out very long. Just a talking point.)

I may have wanted to write this post after tonight's scrimmage. Oakland's secondary had a tough time with the deep post. They gave up 3 or four big play early in the scrimmage that put them down 14 -0 early. Not sure those passes turn into big plays with Emanuel back there but it's hard to tell. However one of those "deficiencies" I wrote of earlier show up big time tonight.

In addition the offense made some very silly mistakes to shoot themselves in the foot. Qb seem to be trying to force things. Needs to stay within the offense and not turn the ball over so much.

I may have wanted to write this post after tonight's scrimmage. Oakland's secondary had a tough time with the deep post. They gave up 3 or four big play early in the scrimmage that put them down 14 -0 early. Not sure those passes turn into big plays with Emanuel back there but it's hard to tell. However one of those "deficiencies" I wrote of earlier show up big time tonight.

In addition the offense made some very silly mistakes to shoot themselves in the foot. Qb seem to be trying to force things. Needs to stay within the offense and not turn the ball over so much.

No doubt, Oakland strugged early, but McCallie runs a offense that is : A.) Tough to gameplan for when you have a week, let alone a scrimmage and B.) Oakland can ran a studpid simple base defense tonight. Yes the secondary made a few bad reads, but after the first few possessions, it was cleaned up. McCallie didnt move the ball at all on the ground. The safeties arent going to be playing that close to the line of scrimmage against a team like Siegel that will chuck all over the place

The holding penalties, forced turnovers, etc are going to happen early. Its when they happen over and over and over that they become a concern. Bottom line is, Oakland moved the ball at will against a pretty good D-II team. 

I didnt report Emmanuel's injury because I was not going to play the guessing game. He's a talented player, but not having him will not hinder Oakland in its ability to win any game this year, IMO. Oakland simply just has too much depth at the skill positions for one injury to hurt them that much

Edited by 7AAANetwork

Put me in coach, I'm gonna be there root'em on, gettin in the way and clickin a few images. I could be like Stork doin a high school gameday report. Maybe at the end come out wearing the mascot head gear of the team I though was gonna win. Heck maybe I team up with Stork, get Mr Donkey and LOD and we do a full hour long show. :popcorneater:

LOL I would pay some good money to see that. Just send me a email at avery.eric.smith@gmail.com so we can talk about it. Anybody else want to volunteer to report scores or do a write-up every friday?

Smyrna v Station Camp. First of all I want to say #3 is the REAL thing. Malone I think is his name. First play he spilt the cornerback and the safety and caught the ball in stride. Nearly took it to the house with some nifty moves to avoid the tackle. Made a one handed catch later in the game in the corner of the endzone with a defender draped all over him like a cape. Their qb is big and very mobile with an above average arm. They are a very physical team with some good size. SC had the ball first and came out and punched the Bulldogs in the mouth. Scored pretty quickly. We blocked the extra point to make it 6-0. Bulldogs took their first possession down the field and scored. Controlled the line of scrimmage and had the passing game going. 7-6 Bulldogs. SC took their next possession and drove down the field and scored. Converted on a 2 pt conversion 14-7 SC. The Bulldog D stiffened on that drive a bit and you could see the MO start to change. On our next drive the running game got going and summers and shelton were picking up big chunks of yards per carry. O-line controlled the line of scrimmage getting a good push. Combine all of that with the passing game and that lead to our second score.14-14. SC had one more drive with the Bulldogs D coming up with a stop forcing a punt.14-14 at the half. That is where 1s came out and the 2s took over. And this is where SC has a weakness. Depth may be a problem. Huge drop off. The bulldogs added one more TD with the 2s. Final 21-14. Only played three qts. Good to see the bulldogs respond after SC's first score. And there is the difference. Last year after getting behind we folded like a lawn chair. Sc was the most physical team that we have scrimmaged all summer. Nice to see how we can handle a team with multiple threats. Can wait until Friday.

Edited by milo118

Smyrna v Station Camp. First of all I want to say #3 is the REAL thing. Malone I think is his name. First play he spilt the cornerback and the safety and caught the ball in stride. Nearly took it to the house with some nifty moves to avoid the tackle. Made a one handed catch later in the game in the corner of the endzone with a defender draped all over him like a cape. Their qb is big and very mobile with an above average arm. They are a very physical team with some good size. SC had the ball first and came out and punched the Bulldogs in the mouth. Scored pretty quickly. We blocked the extra point to make it 6-0. Bulldogs took their first possession down the field and scored. Controlled the line of scrimmage and had the passing game going. 7-6 Bulldogs. SC took their next possession and drove down the field and scored. Converted on a 2 pt conversion 14-7 SC. The Bulldog D stiffened on that drive a bit and you could see the MO start to change. On our next drive the running game got going and summers and shelton were picking up big chunks of yards per carry. O-line controlled the line of scrimmage getting a good push. Combine all of that with the passing game and that lead to our second score.14-14. SC had one more drive with the Bulldogs D coming up with a stop forcing a punt.14-14 at the half. That is where 1s came out and the 2s took over. And this is where SC has a weakness. Depth may be a problem. Huge drop off. The bulldogs added one more TD with the 2s. Final 21-14. Only played three qts. Good to see the bulldogs respond after SC's first score. And there is the difference. Last year after getting behind we folded like a lawn chair. Sc was the most physical team we scrimmaged all summer nice to see how we can handle a team with multiple threats. Can wait until Friday.

Saw SC scrimmage Oakland and they showed some spunk early. They may do some damage to some teams in that district this year. Looking forward to watching them and Beech play on ESPN2 the 25th

No doubt, Oakland strugged early, but McCallie runs a offense that is : A.) Tough to gameplan for when you have a week, let alone a scrimmage and B.) Oakland can ran a studpid simple base defense tonight. Yes the secondary made a few bad reads, but after the first few possessions, it was cleaned up. McCallie didnt move the ball at all on the ground. The safeties arent going to be playing that close to the line of scrimmage against a team like Siegel that will chuck all over the place

The holding penalties, forced turnovers, etc are going to happen early. Its when they happen over and over and over that they become a concern. Bottom line is, Oakland moved the ball at will against a pretty good D-II team. 

I didnt report Emmanuel's injury because I was not going to play the guessing game. He's a talented player, but not having him will not hinder Oakland in its ability to win any game this year, IMO. Oakland simply just has too much depth at the skill positions for one injury to hurt them that much

I understand that Oakland was in base defense and didn't do very much. I also understand that it was cleaned up quickly. I'm not trying to sound the alarm with that post just stating some observations. If you really look at what Mccallie did offensively, it wasn't much either. Yes, They were in weird formations and ran a lot of motions but really it was dives, powers and option runs. And the pass game was posts and curls. Nothing fancy.

I just fell Oakland was flat to start the scrimmage for the second time now. First against Station Camp and now Mccallie. They seemed to do some of that last year as well just hope that trend will not continue.

Saw SC scrimmage Oakland and they showed some spunk early. They may do some damage to some teams in that district this year. Looking forward to watching them and Beech play on ESPN2 the 25th

They definitely showed spunk early. The big issue SC is going to have is depth. A big drop off from the starters to the backups. If they stay healthy they will have some success. However now that everyone knows about their big time receiver (Malone?) I wonder what kind of overage he will see all season long. You know whatever team that they play will roll a safety over for help. You can't press him at the line of scrimmage due to his lightning quick first step. If your cornerback is still in his back pedal when he gets up to speed then put six on the board it is over. Kid is wicked fast. Everyone in the stadium knows that it is going to him. But you still have to stop him. Their running game is decent nothing overpowering but it opens up due to their ace receiver. Glad we had that scrimmage last night. It added to the confidence. Now onto Riverdale and yet another huge hurdle. Can't wait until Friday is here. Finally it is about to begin.

They definitely showed spunk early. The big issue SC is going to have is depth. A big drop off from the starters to the backups. If they stay healthy they will have some success. However now that everyone knows about their big time receiver (Malone?) I wonder what kind of overage he will see all season long. You know whatever team that they play will roll a safety over for help. You can't press him at the line of scrimmage due to his lightning quick first step. If your cornerback is still in his back pedal when he gets up to speed then put six on the board it is over. Kid is wicked fast. Everyone in the stadium knows that it is going to him. But you still have to stop him. Their running game is decent nothing overpowering but it opens up due to their ace receiver. Glad we had that scrimmage last night. It added to the confidence. Now onto Riverdale and yet another huge hurdle. Can't wait until Friday is here. Finally it is about to begin.

Josh Malone is 6'2/190 and is the #16 WR recruit in the nation according to scout.com. Check out this list of schools: Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Memphis, Miami (Fl), Michigan, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Tulane, UCLA, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Washington State.

You better believe he is use to teams rolling a safety over to his side.