7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

How is this any different than the multiple scrimmages that are played

Lose a starter and I guess you'll figure it out. I feel the same way about JV games. I know they're necessary, but I was always glad when they were over. If you ever see your son laying on the field not knowing what's going on your heart drops, I promise. This is a collision sport and though injuries are part of the game the more you play, the more likely you will get hurt. Personally I have had knee surgery on both knees and my back. I have a rod and six screws in my left knee today. These are kids and this is high school football it last two, three years tops and then there's a whole lotta life after that. Most of these kids will never play another snap after high school. Some injuries last a minute some go with you for the rest of your life.

But hey it's 5 bucks a head, why not make it like the NFL and play 4 jamborees cause everybody loves pre-season football! :popcorneater:

Im not advocating for or against Jamborees I guess I just dont see how 2 quarters a of a jamboree is any more dangerous than a 1-2 hour scrimamge. I understand there are a lot of risks in football. I know Blackman had a player go down with an injury in last year's jamboree but If not mistaken one of Oakland's best players went down with an injury in a scrimmage recently so I dont see the difference.

Edited by icecold06

Im not advocating for or against Jamborees I guess I just dont see how 2 quarters a of a jamboree is any more dangerous than a 1-2 hour scrimamge. I understand there are a lot of risks in football. I know Blackman had a player go down with an injury in last year's jamboree but If not mistaken one of Oakland's best players went down with an injury in a scrimmage recently so I dont see the difference.

I get that, you can blow a knee getting out of the shower, got it! But it's a whole lot more likely to happen on the field. The kid you refer to lost a third of his high school career on the last play of the game running out of bounds playing in a fundraiser that had zero meaning. Great you beat Lavergne 7-6 see you next year, good luck with the rehab! Here's you $5 back, hope it helps with the doctor bills.  :popcorneater:

Boring. However it was still football. I know none of the coaches showed anything last night. But it was good to be at a game like atmosphere. Oakland looks to be big up front but Blackman seemed to push them around a bit. Blackman has some nice athletes and good speed all around. Their QB could develop into a double threat type. Made some good things happen with his feet but didnt look as strong with his arm. Riverdale is quick to the ball and had nice speed to the edge to get around the corner. Broke three or four big runs on my Bulldogs. Speaking of the Bulldogs, offense played subpar at best. Got some work to do at the cornerback position. Defense stepped up and made some big stops. Lavergne well, was Lavergne. Didn't see all of that speed everyone has been talking about. However I did see a bunch of speed on siegel's side of the field. Loaded with backs and their QB looked pretty darn good. It is almost here. Hope everyone stays healthy.

I learned last year not to draw many conclusions from the jamboree.  But here goes. 

1. Riverdale may not score this year.

2. Siegel may score on every drive this year (unless time runs out).

3. Oakland will make the best team picture 

4. Lavergne's hurry-up offense will be a big hit with opposing offenses

5. Blackman will make the second best team picture.

6. Smyrna will battle Riverdale in the last game for a playoff spot.

1A. Siegel is farthest along right now and seems to have all three phases on the game looking pretty good.

I learned last year not to draw many conclusions from the jamboree.  But here goes. 

1. Riverdale may not score this year.

2. Siegel may score on every drive this year (unless time runs out).

3. Oakland will make the best team picture 

4. Lavergne's hurry-up offense will be a big hit with opposing offenses

5. Blackman will make the second best team picture.

6. Smyrna will battle Riverdale in the last game for a playoff spot.

1A. Siegel is farthest along right now and seems to have all three phases on the game looking pretty good.

I came away impressed with Riverdale. Thought they did a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage. Obviously the offense has some way to go, but that is almost always the case with the offense this time of year. 

I think both Blackman and Oakland had their moments. Both O-Line's were able to pave the way for some good yardage, but both hurt themselves with mistakes. It still will be a dandy of a game when they meet up.

I think we can put the question to rest on if Siegel can still produce on offense. The looked in mid-season form last night. Unfortunately, you cant say the same for LaVergne. Wont matter how many points they score if they cannot stop anybody.

Did CJ play all of both quarters last night for Lavergne?  If so, that makes it look like there is no backup ready if needed.  Their season hangs in the balance based on the health of one player.  Those odds don't look promising. 

Their first string played pretty much the whole half. Your right, it doesnt look promising