7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

I thought we looked really tired. I do know we practiced hard twice on Thursday and a full practice Friday morning (guess we should have had a play day with slip and slides) with a scrimmage on Friday night. I noticed we did not run the ball up the middle until more than half way through the scrimmage which surprised me. The passing game really looked tired, When the throws were on the money we were dropping them. Overall I would give us a C-. Lots of room for improvement, but the shadorade is not flowing yet.  :popcorneater:

you can be "flip" about the team building, coach Mac did with his players the last day of camp but that goes a long way with the kids. They had a very physical camp and its good to bond and and have some fun as a team before the grind of the season. They expect to be going long in to November by the way, so it could be a long season.

2 more points.

1: A lot of major schools do team activities for fun after camps.

2: They had a full morning practice on that day as well. Then the fun started around lunch time.

you can be "flip" about the team building, coach Mac did with his players the last day of camp but that goes a long way with the kids. They had a very physical camp and its good to bond and and have some fun as a team before the grind of the season. They expect to be going long in to November by the way, so it could be a long season.

2 more points.

1: A lot of major schools do team activities for fun after camps.

2: They had a full morning practice on that day as well. Then the fun started around lunch time.

Thanks for the insight.

Note to shad... take kids to water park and slushies. :popcorneater:

Smyrna v Summit. Bulldogs took this one. 33-0. And the freshmen won 2 scores to none. Summit is still down. Very disciplined team though. They played hard every play. Hats off to the effort. As for the Bulldogs not as many mistakes overall. Took some big steps forward on both sides of the ball. The 1s only played two series and scored on both. Defense handled the run pretty well. Contained their 1000 yard rusher. But we have to put this one into perspective and not get to excited about a shutout in a scrimmage against a high school that is still building a program. I do have to say that last year we would have struggled to contain the run game and score points of our own against any competition at all levels. On to the next scrimmage.

Siegel and BA went 2-2, with Harding breaking a long TD run and soph Simmons busting a long one down near the goal line that he (may have been big Knox) ran in on 2nd and goal. Siegel stopped 2 BA drives inside the 5 and BA had a screen pass for a TD called back for holding... but BA had two long TD runs late in the scrimmage to keep the guy with the air horn happy. The scrimmage was very sloppy with numerous offsides, procedures, busted secondary coverages. Lots of room for improvement.

Got to the Station Camp/Oakland scrimmage at about 5:40 last night and the scrimmage was already started. (I thought it was to start at 6:00) As I was walking up to the practice field, I hear the Station camp sideline very excited. Heard a player on their sideline yelling "they don't want none" and I was thinking what the heck is going on? I get up to the fence in time to see the Bison moving the ball and knocking on the door. Two plays later, they were in. Then Oakland got the ball and in a few plays Oakland throws a pick to Malone and he returned it, putting Station Camp back in really good field position. A few plays later, SC's big QB puts another in the end zone. 14 points just like that. However, that was it! Oakland put together a nice drive and despite a few holding calls and a 3rd and 15, Oakland ran a nice bootleg hitting K.Oliver near the sideline, Oliver broke a tackle, and put it in the end-zone. SC was then 3 and out and the route was on. From that point, I'm not sure SC made it out of their own territory more than once and I think they punted it, putting Oakland back to their 35. the Oakland put together another drive, putting it in the end zone.

I like the reaction Oakland had to a bit of adversity. They seemed to stay calm and went back to work. Everyone is telling them how good they are and patting them on the back. They get a punch in the mouth and they responded big time. I like that!

Got to the Station Camp/Oakland scrimmage at about 5:40 last night and the scrimmage was already started. (I thought it was to start at 6:00) As I was walking up to the practice field, I hear the Station camp sideline very excited. Heard a player on their sideline yelling "they don't want none" and I was thinking what the heck is going on? I get up to the fence in time to see the Bison moving the ball and knocking on the door. Two plays later, they were in. Then Oakland got the ball and in a few plays Oakland throws a pick to Malone and he returned it, putting Station Camp back in really good field position. A few plays later, SC's big QB puts another in the end zone. 14 points just like that. However, that was it! Oakland put together a nice drive and despite a few holding calls and a 3rd and 15, Oakland ran a nice bootleg hitting K.Oliver near the sideline, Oliver broke a tackle, and put it in the end-zone. SC was then 3 and out and the route was on. From that point, I'm not sure SC made it out of their own territory more than once and I think they punted it, putting Oakland back to their 35. the Oakland put together another drive, putting it in the end zone.

I like the reaction Oakland had to a bit of adversity. They seemed to stay calm and went back to work. Everyone is telling them how good they are and patting them on the back. They get a punch in the mouth and they responded big time. I like that!

I trust the player that threw the punch got ejected! :popcorneater:

hey Blackman fans.....How is I'tavious Mathers at Ole Miss....I saw him a few times on tv last season

He is good...ready to roll...First Game is against Vandy.....I will be there its the ESPN opener on Thursday Night....Aug 29th....if he can stay healthy and produce you will see him on the field a lot...When Spring Ended he was MVP for the session from Offensive Side of the Ball...He is bigger and more confident about this Fall...Good Kid....I wish him the best...

hey Blackman fans.....How is I'tavious Mathers at Ole Miss....I saw him a few times on tv last season

I talked to him a few weeks back. He's in a real good spot. Loves Ole Miss, his coaches and team mates. He will get some reps this year, but has a couple upper classmen in front of him that will get the majority of the load. I would look for him to fly somewhat under the radar this year and make a Big Splash over the next two. He is such a solid kid, really easy to root for and nothing runs like The Train! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad