Class A State Tournament

olerockyrebel

I know I was kidding with you. This is going to get confusing. They can't move up more than 1 classification in any sport when the multiplier is added. Before the multiplier they are 1A in football, with the multiplier they are 3A. Since they can't make up 2 classifications that puts them in 2A which is class A, so they have to play in class A in all sports since they do in football. Hope that helps

Technically they only have around 330 students. You know the real ones, not those imaginary ones the TSSAA makes us play with

Technically they have 330 handpicked students.The city of New York has 239 handpicked citizens, comprising the game day rosters of the Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Yankees, Mets, Liberty, Red Bulls, Islanders, and Rangers... your point is?

Big question for FC tomorrow is does Mcneal start Swindoll on 2 days rest or Godwin who is undefeated since 2011. Godwin pitched FC into the 2011 championship as a sophomore defeating a very strong & Sr laden Summertown team before reeling off back-to-back undefeated seasons his jr & sr.years. At this point Godwin has yet to pitch since the region championship last Wednesday vs TC. Nice to have options this deep into spring fling.

I'm an outsider looking in other than my son has played some summer ball with Austin Godwin and some other FCS players the last couple of years. I don't know McNeal at all but he would be a fool to not start Godwin! The kid is a very good pitcher and has not thrown an inning this week so is plenty rested. If some relief is needed you could bring in Swindoll on 2 days rest at that point. This is just my opinion but think Godwin has to be the guy today.

Don't even start that crap. An answer to my question would work just fine. Cause let's be honest, privates are lucky the multiplier is only 1.8. There shouldn't even be a multiplier; as all privates should be in their own division. If you're kids are too good for a public school education (which the older I get, the more I can't blame them) then they should be too good for a public school league. But the rules are the rules, so I can live with them... Except when the TSSAA doesn't even follow the very rules they have set forth. Which then, I have a problem with them.

So again I ask people, how can Goodpasture play in A with an enrollment larger than a quarter of all AA schools?

The earlier post explained it. Although the multiplier puts them in 3A for football you can by rule only be moved up 1 class. Thus they can only be forced to play 2A in football. that makes them by rule 1A in baseball/softball/volleyball/everything else.

Goodpasture could have elected to play up, which they had done in the past, but this time they decided to stay down. So for the next several years all the non-revenue sports are going to have a tough time with Goodpasture in A. There should be no reason that they don't win the softball and baseball State championship for the next several years and volleyball will be the same. Just TSSAA allowing this to continue to happen.

But I digress, that is how they move down to A next year.

Yep same baseball wisdom and hopefully it will pay off in building a program that can beat the better teams like FC because that has been a major stumbling block in the past, so we needed to change how we did things and have built a very good young squad that will be very competative and as far as your last comment...touche...lets call a truce between us and hope its a great game today which as I can tell by the predictions most FC fans don't think will happen, but Silverdale can be tough....you ask for my prediction, well I won't back down so Ill say Silverdale wins 3-2 in a classic, but will not be surprised to see your predictions come true if FC can come out and jump out early because like you said they have been there before and that is a big advantadge!! Good Luck Today!!

truce accepted, im quite sure your program will arrive on the big stage again real soon. Boyd is a great school & always respected as among the best in all athletics they pursue.