AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

I believe all those girls including freshman, soph, juniors, and seniors have worked hard since June, unless they were injured. This situation is totally different. And I don't make the line-up.

Didn't the Hooper girl put in three years of hard work? If a girl is injured and hadn't contributed to the team but was cleared to play at playoff time, should she not be allowed to be a part of the team? Hooper was as much of the team as an injured girl was because she never quit the team. I talked today to someone who has a daughter playing at CAK and they said their daughter and her teammates are thrilled to have Hooper back.

Didn't the Hooper girl put in three years of hard work? If a girl is injured and hadn't contributed to the team but was cleared to play at playoff time, should she not be allowed to be a part of the team? Hooper was as much of the team as an injured girl was because she never quit the team. I talked today to someone who has a daughter playing at CAK and they said their daughter and her teammates are thrilled to have Hooper back.

Maybe some of the girls on the team are acting thrilled because they didn't want to upset the coach, if they had voted not to let Hooper returned it would have made them look like they weren't team players.  They probably knew if they upset the coach they would never get any playing time.

Three years of basketball as a high schooler at CAK? No. I believe as a high schooler she put in one year at CAK on the court. That was last year. As we already know she has not played this year and her freshman year was spent with her teammate in WV. Now has she worked hard for three years? I'm sure she has considering she has earned a D1 scholarship in vball. This has nothing to do with her. I would want to play to if I were in her shoes. It has to do with the program. And now you are bringing up an injured player to be equivalent. Again, not the same. An injured girl does not have the choice to practice or play. This player did but chose not to. She chose to dedicate her time to Vball. It was her choice but she did have a choice. An injured player does not. And the someone you talked to today has a daughter that is a starter and wont lose any court time. I guarantee they all do not share the same feelings. Especially the ones that it will directly affect. Edited by NukeLaloosh

You guys are making this into a bigger deal than what it is. From an unbiased perspective, I see a lot of people nervous because they just had their chances of advancing past CAK dwindle away just a little bit more. If the players on the team voted to bring her back, then that should be it....Not for a bunch of outsiders to criticize the players, team, coach and community....

You guys are making this into a bigger deal than what it is. From an unbiased perspective, I see a lot of people nervous because they just had their chances of advancing past CAK dwindle away just a little bit more. If the players on the team voted to bring her back, then that should be it....Not for a bunch of outsiders to criticize the players, team, coach and community....

I agree to an extent. CAK still has a gauntlet to run no matter who they have and who they have to play. If there really is something "shady" going on here, it'll all come out in the wash. Especially at this time of the year. Just hoping for an exciting tourney over in the Buro.

I am unbiased as well. None of this will matter to me or LA until state, that is both make it that far. But it is actually a BIG deal...2 articles from the local newspaper made it a BIG deal. I am in no way bashing the player or the team, but I do question the coach, school, and community. There is way more to life than sports and I am not sure just exactly what message this is sending.

I am unbiased as well. None of this will matter to me or LA until state, that is both make it that far. But it is actually a BIG deal...2 articles from the local newspaper made it a BIG deal. I am in no way bashing the player or the team, but I do question the coach, school, and community. There is way more to life than sports and I am not sure just exactly what message this is sending.

So, you're telling me that if LA had a 6'6 girl that played on the team last year, decided not to start the season due to her being a star athlete in another sport (and getting somewhat overwhelmed with playing sports) and she makes herself available to play basketball the last half of the season, you wouldn't let her play? If Gibson Co. had a 6'6 girl walking the halls right now and decided to come out and play, I'd be all for it! 

I agree to an extent. CAK still has a gauntlet to run no matter who they have and who they have to play. If there really is something "shady" going on here, it'll all come out in the wash. Especially at this time of the year. Just hoping for an exciting tourney over in the Buro.

I hope CAK makes it to Murfreesboro... I want to see this team. I haven't seen Hannamaker or Hooper play, only heard about them. 

• Upvote 1

If the Hooper girl don't play and CAK looses in the Region, that going to knock all the girls out of playing time.

I know the whole group, all of those girls want to win it all. They want to play with their best chance of winning. This is no different than all the football players coming over to basketball after their season is over.

Please just shut up and let them play .