AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

Ok, this is may be my first time checking out Girls bball thread so cut me some slack if I seem clueless.  Just watched my first game of the year last night watching CPA and Giles play .  CPA won by one on last second free throws.  This GC team may be or not be a factor this year in who goes to the boro, but they will have a say for the next few years.  Very young team this year.  They have a good chance this year if several things happen in their favor, but inconsistent guard play and outside shooting will be the down fall of any team.  Hope they can make a long run, still sitting at the top of 12aa so dont overlook them, 2 of the fastest freshmen guards around.  GO CATS!!!

Ok, this is may be my first time checking out Girls bball thread so cut me some slack if I seem clueless.  Just watched my first game of the year last night watching CPA and Giles play .

Should be pretty exciting in 12AA, CPA is very young as well. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but the team has a lot of freshman and a couple of eighth graders.

I wouldn't count CAK out just yet. They are playing well. After losing a player like Hooper there's always an adjustment period. They have played a good schedule and will likely win their Region tournament to host a sub-state game again.

Agreed NTM

CAK has played some pretty tough competition over the season.  Even going to Naples FL to play one of the top 3 teams in the nation and held there own against teams that had multiple D1 signees.  I think they are on the way up to peaking and can be very dangerous.  They will have some tough games ahead though.  Regionals will not be a cake walk for them and it is looking as if they will have to get past Grainger County or Elizabethton at sub-state to get to the dance and with out Hooper to lock down the lane,  I am not sure they can get over the hump!  I am sure they would like to have a rematch with Cannon County.  Good luck to all in the Post Season!

Agreed NTM

CAK has played some pretty tough competition over the season. Even going to Naples FL to play one of the top 3 teams in the nation and held there own against teams that had multiple D1 signees. I think they are on the way up to peaking and can be very dangerous. They will have some tough games ahead though. Regionals will not be a cake walk for them and it is looking as if they will have to get past Grainger County or Elizabethton at sub-state to get to the dance and with out Hooper to lock down the lane, I am not sure they can get over the hump! I am sure they would like to have a rematch with Cannon County. Good luck to all in the Post Season!

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here but I don't think CAK would want any part of Cannon Co. this year, with or without Hooper. If you've not seen them this year they're entirely a different beast, like someone said earlier they've made me a believer!

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here but I don't think CAK would want any part of Cannon Co. this year, with or without Hooper. If you've not seen them this year they're entirely a different beast, like someone said earlier they've made me a believer!

SW,  no disrespect taken.  Opinions are like smartphones... Everybodys got one.  I dont think CAK has played their best ball yet.  They are a tournament team and they will be ready when districts start.  I am hoping we see great things from that bunch of girls come tourney time.

I hope we get to see that rematch this year.  I think it would be a Great game.  CAK might be a whole different animal than what they were last year as well.  I guess we will see.

Edited by EBTHER

I wouldn't count CAK out just yet. They are playing well. After losing a player like Hooper there's always an adjustment period. They have played a good schedule and will likely win their Region tournament to host a sub-state game again.

thats pretty generous of you to just give them that region tournament. they may have cruised thru their district but competition may be tougher in district 3

I think this is Cannon County's year. They have been playing great ball all year. I think the game at

Livingston tomorrow night will be a test. LA is tough at home and they have been playing good ball since Christmas. I do see Cannon getting a win but it will not be easy.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make my State Tournament picks for Class AA

Grainger

Elizabethton

Cannon Co.

Livingston

Martin Luther King

Creek Wood

Dyersburg

McNairy Central

Picking Cannon County to bring home GOLD BALL