AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

Come on now...Give Grainger credit they have won a lot of games whether it's in the summer or regular season. I thought that was the object of the game. I keep reading this thread about how good LA (per Cody) is and they LOST now Stone Memorial MUST be improved to do that. Really...All I know this Grainger team you keep making jokes about played Riverdale a pretty dog gone good game two weeks ago by only losing by 12 and was only down 7 with a couple minutes to go. They play Bearden Friday night. And by the way Grainger did beat LA twice this summer.

No offense meant. Just having some fun with last years pickings. McMinn Central plays you guys in February. It's one of my most looked forward to games. Especially since by that time, both teams will be running full steam. And don't misunderstand me, I try my best not to let LA's head get any bigger than it ever is (or at least as big as mine ;) I was really just wanting to hear what some people thought about LA losing their first game. Especially from a Stone team that only won ~10 games last year. I just mentioned it in the nicest way possible...  ;)

Grainger does have a competitive schedule this year....Bearden this Friday night...Science Hill(Thanksgiving Touney)... CAK and Morristown West (twice)...McMinn Central in Feb..  Look for them to be there at the end.

no doubt they have a good program there but going 22-0 every year does'nt mean much unless you cash in at sub-state and get to the big show.L.A. and several more teams named on here have earned their stripes to crow.i hope grainger has a great season and goes all the way.

It is tough being the dominate team in the area. This is coming from a McMinn Central person. Lately, Sequoyah and Meigs County have been really good teams just lacking experience of ever going deep into tournament time. Meigs just dropped to single-A this year. Coach Morgan always makes sure to schedule very tough out of district/region games, including the best private schools and AAA teams in the area. MC routinely has top 25 strength of schedule every year. It doesn't get much harder than 8-AA. That district is a gauntlet. Throw in Macon, and it's just unfair to have that many juggernauts together. A chunk of LA's success in the past (Jackson County's too) is the caliber of teams in that area. I've been a proponent for a home and home with Livingston for a few years now. It's a long way to travel, but it would definitely bring in the money and help both teams out. I'm just so happy that ball-season has finally started. My favorite time of the school year.

No offense meant. Just having some fun with last years pickings. McMinn Central plays you guys in February. It's one of my most looked forward to games. Especially since by that time, both teams will be running full steam. And don't misunderstand me, I try my best not to let LA's head get any bigger than it ever is (or at least as big as mine ;) I was really just wanting to hear what some people thought about LA losing their first game. Especially from a Stone team that only won ~10 games last year. I just mentioned it in the nicest way possible...  ;)

Cody... Stone shot the ball well last night. LA made them look better than they were. One of our starters who will contribute heavily scoring had 3 fouls early in the 2nd qtr (officiating was pretty tight both ways). Starting point guard was out. We looked rusty and still had a 4 pt lead starting the 4th qtr and just gave it up..but credit Stone too, they never gave up. Bright side was we scored pretty much at will..down side is so did they.

Like I said, good thing its the first and not the last. This is a tough district and the bullseye is our back. These girls realize this and will be a tough out for a lot of teams they play this season. Good luck to all!