AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

I agree.

what is your prediction on the order this year dctiger?  You normally have a pretty good rundown of your district.

I will give it a shot:

1, Livingston Academy

2. Macon Co

3. Smith Co

4. Cannon Co

5. Central Magnent

6. Upperman

7. York

8. Dekalb Co

Just a guess, look about right?

As I have said before. I think CAK will be unstoppable this year. They return everybody from there final four team of last year. Hamaker will be much more polished this year. Bryant will return from her knee injury which will give them twice the threat from the point. They will be super strong from every position. The only ? Mark will be is what will there 6'6" center do this year. If she returns I'm not sure anybody will challenge her down low. If she retires from basketball it will leave a huge hole inside that I am not sure they can fill. It will leave them vulnerable since they play mostly offense and very little D. Should be their year!

Edited by EBTHER
  • Upvote 1

what is your prediction on the order this year dctiger?  You normally have a pretty good rundown of your district.

I will give it a shot:

1, Livingston Academy

2. Macon Co

3. Smith Co

4. Cannon Co

5. Central Magnent

6. Upperman

7. York

8. Dekalb Co

Just a guess, look about right?

Hmm

I dont remember how many seniors Macon lost from last season so this really isnt going to be that accurate.

1. LA-way too talented.

2. Cannon-the junior group that's going to be getting more playing time is pretty good, i've heard, and theyve been impressing people at camps.

3-5. Macon/Smith/Central-We know that Macon ( someone at the state tourney made the remark that the younger girls who didn't play as much were going to be even better than group of seniors but who knows. They will be unproven) and Smith are good, but Central is very very good too, losing the FIRST player in program history to graduation last season, and i just don;t think that all the talent in the Buro will reside in AAA schools. They will shock some people.

Honestly the first 5 are way to hard to call.

6. Gonna pick a shocker here; DC. They looked very good in camps this summer (camps, i know blah blah) with agressive D and young players stepping up and playing well.

7-8. Upperman still looked down from the few games i saw them play. I don't know if Hull can carry the scoring load for this team, and they had no size at all from what i saw. Coach McWilliams will have them competeing though. All i know about York is that they lost many seniors, including the best player on O and D in Wright and lost two promising young players to C-Range.

I won't be surprised if i'm WAY off, because i do look for this year to be the most balanced, top to bottom, that 8-AA has seen in several years. Wow, sitting down to think it out, i was really afraid to make any solid picks because the simple fact is that there aren't any doormats in 8-AA anymore. Everyone can compete.

Edited by dctiger

As I have said before. I think CAK will be unstoppable this year. They return everybody from there final four team of last year. Hamaker will be much more polished this year. Bryant will return from her knee injury which will give them twice the threat from the point. They will be super strong from every position. The only ? Mark will be is what will there 6'6" center do this year. If she returns I'm not sure anybody will challenge her down low. If she retires from basketball it will leave a huge hole inside that I am not sure they can fill. It will leave them vulnerable since they play mostly offense and very little D. Should be their year!

Their offense completely disappeared when they made it to state though. Not knocking them at all, because im sure some of that will be contributed to nerves but still, for Hammaker to have the big game experience that she already did before she moved in, they still had a hard time putting away a Cannon County team that most likely saw the worst shooting night in program history.

They will have to find offensive consistency to beat some of the big guns that have good chances to make it back this year with them (Elizabethton will be the team to beat if the sophomore class that everyone has been hearing about is as good as it's billed).

Wow, i'm already excited for March to roll around!

• 1 month later...

Bob, since november is just around the corner, have any ideas about the teams in your neck of the woods? I mean obviously JC is the favorite, but C-Range is right there. Hope my assessment of our district was to your liking as well...

It looks like the 8-AA district tourney will be at Tech this year, if the schedule i saw is correct. That means these powerhouses meeting up in February in such a big gym will definitely have that "big-game" feel to it! Excited!

Edited by dctiger

1. Smith Co.

2. Livingston Academy

3. Cannon Co.

4. Central Magnet

5. Macon Co.

6. DeKalb Co.

7. Upperman

8. York

Things could be very interesting this year. Spots 1 through 4, possibly 1-5 could be in any order. Here's a question for everyone that follows this district. How many loses does the eventually District Champ have in district?

• 1 month later...

1. Smith Co.

2. Livingston Academy

3. Cannon Co.

4. Central Magnet

5. Macon Co.

6. DeKalb Co.

7. Upperman

8. York

Things could be very interesting this year. Spots 1 through 4, possibly 1-5 could be in any order. Here's a question for everyone that follows this district. How many loses does the eventually District Champ have in district?

im pretty sure this prediction wont float.im going with the 3 that was in the state games last year.l.a. c.c. m.c. as the top 3.

im pretty sure this prediction wont float.im going with the 3 that was in the state games last year.l.a. c.c. m.c. as the top 3.

I think he may actually be on point with this one. Heard Smith Co beat Clarkrange by 20 at a play day the other day. I know it was just a scrimmage, but that is very impressive.

I was told by a high profile Class A coach..( not Jim Brown)..that Macon county was awful this year. First I have heard of that, but with all they lost I don't see them making it out of Region.