AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

I think he may actually be on point with this one. Heard Smith Co beat Clarkrange by 20 at a play day the other day. I know it was just a scrimmage, but that is very impressive.

I was told by a high profile Class A coach..( not Jim Brown)..that Macon county was awful this year. First I have heard of that, but with all they lost I don't see them making it out of Region.

they may be awful time will tell but the tennesseean this morning has them #10 in state.i know this they will return more than what your thinking and will return all 5 starters next year,so if ya want some better get while they are awful.and like i said they may be awful but friday night we'll find out just how awful they are.and as far as the smith prediction everybody knows who put'n that on there and im not say'n they ant that good.

they may be awful time will tell but the tennesseean this morning has them #10 in state.i know this they will return more than what your thinking and will return all 5 starters next year,so if ya want some better get while they are awful.and like i said they may be awful but friday night we'll find out just how awful they are.and as far as the smith prediction everybody knows who put'n that on there and im not say'n they ant that good.

If you read my post there friend, you will see I never said they were awful.  I was told by a coach I was chatting with Saturday that they were awful.  I did say that I dont see them making it out of the Region, but that is just for the fact that I think Livingston and Cannon Co will be awful tough to beat.  

As far as we will see Friday, I will get a first hand view on them and will be able to make a better judgement on them then.

If you read my post there friend, you will see I never said they were awful.  I was told by a coach I was chatting with Saturday that they were awful.  I did say that I dont see them making it out of the Region, but that is just for the fact that I think Livingston and Cannon Co will be awful tough to beat.  

As far as we will see Friday, I will get a first hand view on them and will be able to make a better judgement on them then.

i meant no harm as well and like i said im not sure if they are awful or not and i'll make my mind up after friday as well.could be a long year or could a good year.i think it all counts on who steps it up for macon and some other scenarios.to make a long story short,it would not be a shocker to me if they did really good or really bad and like i said no harm took or meant bobby.

Edited by goldenrod

I rode with somebody to the macon riverdale game and it's the first time I've seen macon play since last year.macon played the #1 ranked team in the country and state and a AAA TEAM.at halftime it was a 7 point game in favor of riverdale.with 3.30 to go in fourth both teams pulled starters.riverdale ahead by 20.i will go on to say riverdale is the best team I have ever seen on the hardwood in girls high school basketball.they have 2 college commits and a some real good transfers and deep on the bench.macon played with this team a lot better than expected.if any team wants a gut check quick go get some of riverdale.now bob77 I will tell you that the coach that told you macon is awful is wrong and by know means am I saying they are good but I think after a few more games they will be very very competitive and in no way am I saying macon will beat Jackson but I do feel they will compete and win or lose playing Jackson can't do anything but make them better.

I rode with somebody to the macon riverdale game and it's the first time I've seen macon play since last year.macon played the #1 ranked team in the country and state and a AAA TEAM.at halftime it was a 7 point game in favor of riverdale.with 3.30 to go in fourth both teams pulled starters.riverdale ahead by 20.i will go on to say riverdale is the best team I have ever seen on the hardwood in girls high school basketball.they have 2 college commits and a some real good transfers and deep on the bench.macon played with this team a lot better than expected.if any team wants a gut check quick go get some of riverdale.now bob77 I will tell you that the coach that told you macon is awful is wrong and by know means am I saying they are good but I think after a few more games they will be very very competitive and in no way am I saying macon will beat Jackson but I do feel they will compete and win or lose playing Jackson can't do anything but make them better.

Can't wait to watch Friday, JC looked very good tonight, but it was against a very weak Gordonsville. Macon Co gave us fits last year, expect the same at their place.

LA has great feeder programs and should be good for a long time to come. Have you seen Jackson County's freshman class? This is probably the biggest and tallest group of girls to come into our high school in a long time! Should be some great battles!

can Macon beat LA or JC? I think they have made the state finals 2 straight years. I know last year they blew a 9 point lead and wa so so close to a state title.

can Macon beat LA or JC? I think they have made the state finals 2 straight years. I know last year they blew a 9 point lead and wa so so close to a state title.

Without a doubt Macon has had fantastic run the last 3-4 years and I don’t think it is over, but in 8-AA this year IMO they will be on the outside looking in while their young players learn to fill those shoes they lost through graduation. This is a tough district for young guards to "cut their teeth". Talent is there but just young & untested so far. Of course, by tournament time anything would be possible. I just think that finishing 3rd or 4th this year in 8-AA is nothing to be ashamed about.

They have made the finals 2 out of the last 3 years. They lost to McMinn Central by 9 I believe in 2011 and last year. There's definitely something to be said about a team that can keep coming back strong. They have lost most of that core team from 2011. I watched that championship game and they were a great team then. 

Speaking of LA, I noticed they were beaten last night by Stone Memorial. Stone is usually pretty strong but had an off year last year. Are they that strong this year or did LA just come out rusty? I know that happens. McMinn Central lost to Alcoa to start the year off last season. 

LA is Very strong this year, no ifs ands or buts. They have pretty much everyone back from last years state tournament team.

I've heard that. LA is always strong. I was mainly asking about how they lost to Stone Memorial. Has Stone progressed that much from last year's team, or was LA just a bit rusty to start off the season?

Or both?