3. Henry County

4. Ridgeway

5. Knoxville West

6. Ooltewah

7. Oak Ridge

8. Lenoir City

9. Cleveland (tie)

10. East Hamilton (tie)

Pretty good list. Columbia lost some excellent talent, though. They may be ranked a little high. I can't speak for the East TN teams, although I see the presence of Joe Gaddis is already getting noticed.

1. Beech

2. Columbia Central

3. Henry County

4. Ridgeway

5. Knoxville West

6. Ooltewah

7. Oak Ridge

8. Lenoir City

9. Cleveland (tie)

10. East Hamilton (tie)

Pretty good list. Columbia lost some excellent talent, though. They may be ranked a little high. I can't speak for the East TN teams, although I see the presence of Joe Gaddis is already getting noticed.

Hmm, not sure about this. I think the first 3 or 4 slots are correct. After that, it's anybody's guess. I personally don't think Lenoir City will be a top 10 team at the end of the year, if at any point of the season. Lost a load of good talent. Not sure what they have coming back, but i have heard its not very good. East Hamilton seems to be an up and coming program, but moving up to 5A from 4A they will have some question marks i'm sure.

Edited by SweetScience

1. Beech

2. Columbia Central

3. Henry County

4. Ridgeway

5. Knoxville West

6. Ooltewah

7. Oak Ridge

8. Lenoir City

9. Cleveland (tie)

10. East Hamilton (tie)

I'm surprised we're in this list but you may be right that our coach is getting some votes. Last year I figured we would be ranked pretty high but we lost a very very good senior class and most of our starters.

never been a fan of these kinds of rankings. i just dont think they're needed in a sport that has playoffs, but i guess they make for good offseason chatter.

as for my opinion, i'll say that beech is the odds on favorite to repeat. their biggest threat will probably come from the west, whether that be ridgeway or henry county, both of whom are loaded. then you have programs like independence, columbia, and knox west who will probably be good but still have some question marks. after that there really are a ton of unknowns.

Best 2 players in 5a is jalen Hurd and Steven von Mann. Jalen will go to it. Steven will go to Tenn tech. Both play at beech

Hurd yes.. But their are a ton of other good 5A players. Hillsboro has a DE that has been offered by 8 sec schools, Clemson, Virginia and Ohio State.. Clevelands QB is darn good too. Careful with what u say..

Edited by HighLife

never been a fan of these kinds of rankings. i just dont think they're needed in a sport that has playoffs, but i guess they make for good offseason chatter.

as for my opinion, i'll say that beech is the odds on favorite to repeat. their biggest threat will probably come from the west, whether that be ridgeway or henry county, both of whom are loaded. then you have programs like independence, columbia, and knox west who will probably be good but still have some question marks. after that there really are a ton of unknowns.

Independence is 6A...

Hmm, not sure about this. I think the first 3 or 4 slots are correct. After that, it's anybody's guess. I personally don't think Lenoir City will be a top 10 team at the end of the year, if at any point of the season. Lost a load of good talent. Not sure what they have coming back, but i have heard its not very good. East Hamilton seems to be an up and coming program, but moving up to 5A from 4A they will have some question marks i'm sure.

Yes LC will struggle in every game.They lost to much!Good player in Woods but no one else around.

1. Beech

2. Columbia Central

3. Henry County

4. Ridgeway

5. Knoxville West

6. Ooltewah

7. Oak Ridge

8. Lenoir City

9. Cleveland (tie)

10. East Hamilton (tie)

This list doesnt mean anything......only the last teams standing from last season playoff run....I know Beech has Hurd....but how can u be predicted to win it all with only 3/3 off/def players returning??? 5a is too good for a one man show....But Hurd is a man among boys.....but with the right db...... :popcorneater:

1. Beech

2. Columbia Central

3. Henry County

4. Ridgeway

5. Knoxville West

6. Ooltewah

7. Oak Ridge

8. Lenoir City

9. Cleveland (tie)

10. East Hamilton (tie)

Beech is the front-runner and everybody else is playing for 2nd banana. The only way Beech doesn't win another gold ball is if Mr. Hurd is injured to the point to where he can't perform during the playoffs. He's a threat to score even when teams stack the box ... and they will. They did it all last season. Beech isn't a one man team either, so, it's theirs for the taking. The rest of the list looks good. Too bad Henry County and Ridgeway are both in the West because Beech will be representing the West in 5A this year.