Dobyns-Bennett football 2013

dbFAN91

I don't know how many teams in the state will ever get on a year to year level with Maryville,and that's where the road will go every year to reach the final four. DB has been right on the door step a few times and had a couple of real good chances under coach Clark before Maryville came into 6A.Is that good enough for everyone or even the coaching staff ? No...All they can do is what most of state's schools do,keep working and HOPE EVERYTHING FALLS INTO PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.

I'm SORRY!..This is what you said,I dont know where you played F-Ball or even if you played.But F-Ball players are told to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN,Not wait until they just happen too.I bet you use the same comments when you're talking about them SORRY VOLS!!..LOL, :roflol:

My long time saying is. " Work as hard as you can,if that's not good enough, You don't owe me,your coaches or most importantly,the person in the mirror anything " Everone is not going to be good enough to be a star on friday nights,much less on saturdays or sundays.I have always been honest to my own kids this way.The most important thing at DB is for our kids to make their grades,because one in a million are going to make money if they play at DB or the next level.AS a father,I have helped my kids in every way to be as good as they can at whatever sport they play{ except basketball } and they have taken care of the grades.When the coaches at the local middle schools or DB have taken over,that's when I step back a little and support the coaches,but still help with a home workout schedule.It doesn't matter if I 100 % agree with everything or not.If I ever thought my kid wasn't getting a fair chance , I would then schedule a conference with the head coach.I have never scheduled a conference because my kids have always worked hard,had a good attitude and been good enough to play . I was good enough start as a sophomore at Greeneville.I got burt out but still had an offer to play at the next level.Getting burt out on the game,injuries,and so many things can happen to a kid and that's why I always put the school work ahead of the football field.Just because you work hard,doesn't mean your going to get on the field at any local school.It doesn't mean your going to run your work place either.Life is not perfect and as I said about Maryville,all the rest of us can do is keep working and hope to catch up.

I'm SORRY!..This is what you said,I dont know where you played F-Ball or even if you played.But F-Ball players are told to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN,Not wait until they just happen too.I bet you use the same comments when you're talking about them SORRY VOLS!!..LOL, :roflol:

I think the Vols have made a very good coaching change.It has been a cluster from the time they fired coach Fulmer until now.Got a friend who will have a son wearing the orange if all works out.

My long time saying is. " Work as hard as you can,if that's not good enough, You don't owe me,your coaches or most importantly,the person in the mirror anything " Everone is not going to be good enough to be a star on friday nights,much less on saturdays or sundays.I have always been honest to my own kids this way.The most important thing at DB is for our kids to make their grades,because one in a million are going to make money if they play at DB or the next level.AS a father,I have helped my kids in every way to be as good as they can at whatever sport they play{ except basketball } and they have taken care of the grades.When the coaches at the local middle schools or DB have taken over,that's when I step back a little and support the coaches,but still help with a home workout schedule.It doesn't matter if I 100 % agree with everything or not.If I ever thought my kid wasn't getting a fair chance , I would then schedule a conference with the head coach.I have never scheduled a conference because my kids have always worked hard,had a good attitude and been good enough to play . I was good enough start as a sophomore at Greeneville.I got burt out but still had an offer to play at the next level.Getting burt out on the game,injuries,and so many things can happen to a kid and that's why I always put the school work ahead of the football field.Just because you work hard,doesn't mean your going to get on the field at any local school.It doesn't mean your going to run your work place either.Life is not perfect and as I said about Maryville,all the rest of us can do is keep working and hope to catch up.

Who said anything about grades?..I say DB has close to 2000 kids and should have enough to have a full 2ND string!.And don't give me that upperclassmen crap.Cause they have played guys like NICK & CHRIS there fragment try.Like I said,it's hard for me to believe DB only has 17 to 20 kids that can get playing time on Friday nites.If so then you got to ask what are the coaches doing at practice were these kids sent ready to go in and give some starters a brake.If it is the kids not giving a 110% in practice,Then the coaches need to do like my HAs coach did.Walk over to them to go shower up and head home.The next practice he had them run from goalline to goalline 10 times,Or suicide drills from goalline to goalline.If you didn't you were off the team!..And get sent home 3 times,You would be watching from the stands cause you wouldn't be part of the team.Being on the team was yours and the coaches choice,And he laid down the rules first day of tryouts.And gave you a booklet on what not to do in the classroom and on the field.And everyone had a chance to get a starting job and a spot as a backup.If you didn't want to agree to those rules then don't come tryout for the team.A starting spot was able to get all week in practice leading up to the last practice on Thursday!.Like I said,if the kids ain't prepare all week for Friday nite the it's the coaches fault.And if it's the kids not giving his all,then get them off the team and tell them to try another sports cause football ain't for them!..Unless the COACH or COACHES are scared of making some parents or other folks MAD!..The only thing I don't understand is how much you disagree with me..And how playing more guys is a bad thing.You said a guy that's tired running a 4.3 is better than a backup fresh running a 4.9!..What I say is have a player running a 4.9 coming in and giving that 4.3 player a rest makes that 4.3 player a bigger threat coming in the later quarters..In the end it falls on the coaches,but I know a few folks that are going to get tired riding over to Blount county and spending money in gas just to have DB loss and make that trip all the way back to Kingsport!..And my opinion is DB needs to make a few changes or they'll always be called a NE Tenn power and a always overrated State Champ contender!!!!Just Saying! :)

Edited by IamDBman

You have said it and said it and said it.If you have a problem with the coaching staff at DB and have a kid playing or not playing.Set up a conference with the coaches.Those guys will tell you straight up and be honest about it.They are not scared of making anyone mad and work very hard to put the best team on the field.Our opinions on coacht make a tinkers bridge,and beating a dead horse isn't going to help anything.It doesn't matter if any of us agree or not,it's just a web site to talk football and give our own opinions,and most of us have them.

You have said it and said it and said it.If you have a problem with the coaching staff at DB and have a kid playing or not playing.Set up a conference with the coaches.Those guys will tell you straight up and be honest about it.They are not scared of making anyone mad and work very hard to put the best team on the field.Our opinions on coacht make a tinkers bridge,and beating a dead horse isn't going to help anything.It doesn't matter if any of us agree or not,it's just a web site to talk football and give our own opinions,and most of us have them.

I agree,But just tell me this.Is want im sayin make any since?And dont get me wrong,I dont have a kid playing but i do have one in the band(A GIRL).And i didnt go to school around here.Im about 550 miles from home.I respect coach clark and his staff and the DB program.But being a fan and watching them play,to me it oesnt make any since to not have a full 2nd string to give the starters a rest.Because if so you can admit it would make DB a contender state wide.And this is coming from a guy that just moved here and watched a team last yr that was more than able to win a gold ball fall short.Im starting to get bored so ill be makin lesser comments on this post.What jsut wondering if anyone agrees with me about having a full 2nd string to backup the starters and give then a rest other than a couple of plays or when the game is out of reach.Have a good one BATMAN,And hoping DB has another great yr.

I agree,But just tell me this.Is want im sayin make any since?And dont get me wrong,I dont have a kid playing but i do have one in the band(A GIRL).And i didnt go to school around here.Im about 550 miles from home.I respect coach clark and his staff and the DB program.But being a fan and watching them play,to me it oesnt make any since to not have a full 2nd string to give the starters a rest.Because if so you can admit it would make DB a contender state wide.And this is coming from a guy that just moved here and watched a team last yr that was more than able to win a gold ball fall short.Im starting to get bored so ill be makin lesser comments on this post.What jsut wondering if anyone agrees with me about having a full 2nd string to backup the starters and give then a rest other than a couple of plays or when the game is out of reach.Have a good one BATMAN,And hoping DB has another great yr.

There is no question that having two deep without a big drop-off would make DB a better team.It would make any team better.Would it be enough to beat Maryville and then two more great teams in the final four.If your two deep is as good as Maryville and those other teams would be the answer.I'm glad you have a band kid.The band kids work hard and are great.This will be one of the biggest bands in the history of the school and it is the biggest in the state including college already.It has one problem however.The band director is nothing short of a traitor to the school .He turns it into one of the biggest disadvantages any football team in the state has.He will have the kids play when DB has the ball.I have ask my band parent friends for years to tell their kids not to do it.I'm glad I'm not a coach at DB because I would kick his poupous az.

It has one problem however.The band director is nothing short of a traitor to the school .He turns it into one of the biggest disadvantages any football team in the state has.He will have the kids play when DB has the ball.I have ask my band parent friends for years to tell their kids not to do it.I'm glad I'm not a coach at DB because I would kick his poupous az.

Here is a visual aid to go along with your post.

DUMBBAND-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

There is no question that having two deep without a big drop-off would make DB a better team.It would make any team better.Would it be enough to beat Maryville and then two more great teams in the final four.If your two deep is as good as Maryville and those other teams would be the answer.I'm glad you have a band kid.The band kids work hard and are great.This will be one of the biggest bands in the history of the school and it is the biggest in the state including college already.It has one problem however.The band director is nothing short of a traitor to the school .He turns it into one of the biggest disadvantages any football team in the state has.He will have the kids play when DB has the ball.I have ask my band parent friends for years to tell their kids not to do it.I'm glad I'm not a coach at DB because I would kick his poupous az.

I understand were youre coming from with the whole band stuff,But i dont think i would go as far to say what you did.Batman,you seem to be a loyal DB fan and dont get me wrong,I am too.And i agree with you about the back ups,Im not sayin to put kids in just to be doing it.I still think they should earn it.And do i think that will make them have a better chance of beatiing maryvill and a couple other great teams to get a gold ball!..Yes i do,Because having fresh guys in or fresher guys in at the end of the game is an Advantage!!!..But iike i said from the beginning.I just think a school with close to 2000 students should have alot more talent and not having kids playin both ways.I know of schools that have half the inrollment as DB and dont have kids playin both ways.It can be done and it needs to be done.And playin in a conference that aint very good(nothing against the other schools)would be the place to start and prepare for the playoffs.

Holy crap. Can you guys hold the book reports down to under 1000 words please? This crap is stupid. Lets talk what we've got and X's and O's

I could care less an outsiders opinion of us and what we need to do. As loyal fans, we know all this. But it starts with players. And no we don't have a solid 2nd team. And no, the starters didn't play until late in the third against Central. They were done before the end of the first half. I don't miss a game. EVER!!!! So let's talk about the team and leave the coaches alone for now. And you Blount county fans need to talk on your own thread until it appears we might meet in the playoffs. And sorry Vols??? Kick for now, but you better believe we're coming back. 550 miles away? Gotta be a Florida convict college fan. Hey, has any of your players killed anybody lately ? Oh yeah, that's right. ROLL TRIBE AND GO VOLS!!!!!